The truth about BCV??

I'll be there for the first time in 8 days. Can't wait.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

We have been hearing for years about how "run down" BCV are. We have stayed a few times, always in a two bedroom villa, and did not find it to be true, IMHO. We still bought DVC with BCV as our home resort and so glad we did. The resort has so many wonderful things about it. The rooms could use an updating I suppose, (which is scheduled for 2014) but we thought they were very clean, nice, and suited us just fine for the amount of time we spend in them. We love everything about the resort. The location can't be beat IMHO, with easy access to countless dining options, and walking distance to two parks. We love SAB, Beaches & Cream, The Boardwalk is a stroll away. We love the entire EPCOT resort area. It is "Disney" to us. We are staying there for 10 nights and June and will return again for a week in December and I am not worried one bit that the rooms will be in bad shape. I'm at Disney when I'm there...my happy place!

We have been hearing for years about how "run down" BCV are. We have stayed a few times, always in a two bedroom villa, and did not find it to be true, IMHO. We still bought DVC with BCV as our home resort and so glad we did. The resort has so many wonderful things about it. The rooms could use an updating I suppose, (which is scheduled for 2014) but we thought they were very clean, nice, and suited us just fine for the amount of time we spend in them. We love everything about the resort. The location can't be beat IMHO, with easy access to countless dining options, and walking distance to two parks. We love SAB, Beaches & Cream, The Boardwalk is a stroll away. We love the entire EPCOT resort area. It is "Disney" to us. We are staying there for 10 nights and June and will return again for a week in December and I am not worried one bit that the rooms will be in bad shape. I'm at Disney when I'm there...my happy place!

What she said. :)

We really like BCV because location, location, location. DS loves the pool and slide. We like the room size at OKW better but for going to Epcot and DHS, it is BCV for us.

On our last stay DH went around with his leatherman and tightened all the cabinet knobs for me. It does need some care but again, location makes it a great resort.

We grill each time we are there and find most people are surprised that there is grill.

We stated in a studio on the top floor back in mid December. We must of lucked out as we had a HUGE balcony. It was awesome with a nice view facing west and the pool below. Our room was in great shape for the most part. The ihome alarm clock wasn't working, but they replaced it within half an hour of our call. While I do think they need to freshen up the linens, they were still in fine condition. I had some fears based on reviews as well, but all was fine once we stayed there.

We just came back, stayed in room 247, 1 BR. No complaints. Great resort and location.
Not sure if this is true but one of the lifeguards said the original plans was to have a snorkeling area where the lazy river is now. Since the water is 8 feet there I figured he was right. Any one know if this was true?

We just came back, stayed in room 247, 1 BR. No complaints. Great resort and location.
Not sure if this is true but one of the lifeguards said the original plans was to have a snorkeling area where the lazy river is now. Since the water is 8 feet there I figured he was right. Any one know if this was true?

I definitely remember reading there would be a snorkeling area in the Yacht and Beach club pool. You are the first person to bring this up, and every so often, I have wondered about it. I do not know anything about where it would have been.

I definitely remember reading there would be a snorkeling area in the Yacht and Beach club pool. You are the first person to bring this up, and every so often, I have wondered about it. I do not know anything about where it would have been.

I figured he was right about it being where the lazy river is now. 8 feet of water in a Disney pool is deep. He said the filtration wasn't working properly:confused3

I figured he was right about it being where the lazy river is now. 8 feet of water in a Disney pool is deep. He said the filtration wasn't working properly:confused3

A lifeguard told me the same thing a couple years back. He said the fish all died.

The Beach Club is one of our home resorts (we own 300 pts there) and it is by far our favorite! Just a few of the things we love about it:

1) Location- you wont find a better DVC resort location (at WDW) then the Beach Club. Your minutes away from the International Gateway at Epcot, a short walk to Hollywood Studios and can spend the night over on the Boardwalk (if you have kids this is a big plus)

2) Theming- We love the theming of the Beach Club (along with the overall resort set up).

3) Pools - Enough said

4) Beaches and Cream- Again, enough said

The Beach Club is one of our home resorts (we own 300 pts there) and it is by far our favorite! Just a few of the things we love about it:

1) Location- you wont find a better DVC resort location (at WDW) then the Beach Club. Your minutes away from the International Gateway at Epcot, a short walk to Hollywood Studios and can spend the night over on the Boardwalk (if you have kids this is a big plus)

2) Theming- We love the theming of the Beach Club (along with the overall resort set up).

3) Pools - Enough said

4) Beaches and Cream- Again, enough said

Couldn't agree more, and for us the superlatives keep on coming. We've just returned from our second BCV stay in 7 months, and are heading back for 10 days in October. I'd go again in the summer but our schedules won't allow for it.

And if life wasn't so darn expensive, and if we didnt have 3 little kids and future expenses to worry about we'd be adding on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter