The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't 100% kept up on this thread, but do we expect them to drop some new incentives at other resorts tomorrow to give their guides some different price points to work with?

I almost placed a bid on a resale Poly contract last night out of spite...
That's the spirit!

I haven't 100% kept up on this thread, but do we expect them to drop some new incentives at other resorts tomorrow to give their guides some different price points to work with?

That's the spirit!

I think just RIV and AUL with VGF tomorrow and potentially other resorts later

If this comes out with similar costs like BLT just did it could be seen as the new/old resort being lowered.

Hmmm…maybe that is why they just did BLT…so they can do VGF lower on its heels and it won’t seem so out of the norm.

24 hours to go!!

If this comes out with similar costs like BLT just did it could be seen as the new/old resort being lowered.

Hmmm…maybe that is why they just did BLT…so they can do VGF lower on its heels and it won’t seem so out of the norm.

24 hours to go!!
BLT wasn't cheap though, because it was starting at such a high "sold out" price. The incentives brought it down closer to the Riviera neighborhood, but it was much higher to begin with.

I think we now know where the DVC backpacks went…
“Gee, these backpacks are not selling. What are we going to do with them?”

“I know! Let’s offer them as an incentive to the first 500 Grand Floridian buyers! We can charge the cost to DVD and write them off!”

BLT wasn't cheap though, because it was starting at such a high "sold out" price. The incentives brought it down closer to the Riviera neighborhood, but it was much higher to begin with.

I know but my point was that it could have been a strategy to allow the start price of VGF closer to RIV to begin with..which is what I think will happen.

Regardless, it still brought BLT down and could help them if VGF comes in lower than the $255 base it had.

200 points was $202. They can come in with VGF at that level now and it won’t be seen so out of whack given what they just did for BLT.

I know but my point was that it could have been a strategy to allow the start price of VGF closer to RIV to begin with..which is what I think will happen.

Regardless, it still brought BLT down and could help them if VGF comes in lower than the $255 base it had.

200 points was $202. They can come in with VGF at that level now and it won’t be seen so out of whack given what they just did for BLT.
Oh I don't think there was any need for them to do that. VGF was sold out, now it isn't. So it used to be priced like a sold out resort, and now it'll be priced like a not-sold-out resort.

Oh I don't think there was any need for them to do that. VGF was sold out, now it isn't. So it used to be priced like a sold out resort, and now it'll be priced like a not-sold-out resort.

I agree. But just saying maybe they decided they wanted to find a way to ease in to the strategy…lol

The difference is, pre-pandemic, Disney had plans to increase theme park prices even further beyond their increased costs.
Wait, what?!?

Where did you hear this? And if so, why didn't they already? The parks are packed so strategically it makes sense to increase prices even more.

BLT wasn't cheap though, because it was starting at such a high "sold out" price.

We were looking at adding on 100 points at BLT before this promo ends which would have brought the price down to $233 for us. Then to hedge our bets we'd watch the price reveal on March 3rd, and 'hopefully' seeing that VGF would be the cheaper one, we'd switch the paperwork.
Our guide thought this was a good strategy but when we really did the math and looked again at resale prices (we have 1 direct BLT contract and 1 resale VGC contract) we realized we aren't even willing to pay the promo'd direct price for more BLT. So then we told him we'd more than likely add on 100 on Thursday at VGF as long as the price was right.

The past few days I too was thinking that the price will be slightly higher than RIV and AUL and not near the high prices discussed on DVC Fan - I am guessing $225. Further incentives would definitely make me buy.

BUT when relaying my new plan to just go with GVF, my guide said "Great! Now no firm details but plan on saving space on your credit card for the 10% down payment and closing costs, which could be in the ballpark of $3500."
🤔
I didn't really like this comment - correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make the price for 100 pts work out to around $250 - if we assume closing to be $1000?
It's been running through my head ever since and I'll be so sad if that's true (or at least I'll forget about adding on direct and look at resale for different resorts)
Maybe he was planning for lots of cushioning as we'd easily be convinced to add more points when seeing the low price? Maybe he was taking into account that I'm Canadian and would be using a Cdn credit card???
I think I need another hobby.

We were looking at adding on 100 points at BLT before this promo ends which would have brought the price down to $233 for us. Then to hedge our bets we'd watch the price reveal on March 3rd, and 'hopefully' seeing that VGF would be the cheaper one, we'd switch the paperwork.
Our guide thought this was a good strategy but when we really did the math and looked again at resale prices (we have 1 direct BLT contract and 1 resale VGC contract) we realized we aren't even willing to pay the promo'd direct price for more BLT. So then we told him we'd more than likely add on 100 on Thursday at VGF as long as the price was right.

The past few days I too was thinking that the price will be slightly higher than RIV and AUL and not near the high prices discussed on DVC Fan - I am guessing $225. Further incentives would definitely make me buy.

BUT when relaying my new plan to just go with GVF, my guide said "Great! Now no firm details but plan on saving space on your credit card for the 10% down payment and closing costs, which could be in the ballpark of $3500."
🤔
I didn't really like this comment - correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that make the price for 100 pts work out to around $250 - if we assume closing to be $1000?
It's been running through my head ever since and I'll be so sad if that's true (or at least I'll forget about adding on direct and look at resale for different resorts)
Maybe he was planning for lots of cushioning as we'd easily be convinced to add more points when seeing the low price? Maybe he was taking into account that I'm Canadian and would be using a Cdn credit card???
I think I need another hobby.
Maybe it's coming in high.

Or maybe these guys really haven't heard anything about what the price will be, and everything they tell you is based on the fact that they knew it used to be $255.

I think it will easily be that. I don't have to make a decision until 1 April, so no rush here.

24 hours to go!!
OMG, tomorrow is going to be the day of days! Move aside Y2K, or 2012! It’s the most anticipated day in MY short DVC life!

Wonder if the Member Add-On tool will be available for VGF2 tomorrow? If so, that might be the easiest / fastest way to go for those of us prepared to pay cash. (I'm not really interested in joining the 'crowd' tomorrow, though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter