The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would be current owners at VGF looking to sell their contract in the coming time period where VGF has this new price point.

VGF resale pricing has be partly held back because of the VGF2 announcement. If pricing were to drop sub $210 it would impact the top end of what a VGF seller could get for their contract. It will hold back the rate in which VGF resale pricing goes up for at least the short term.
The biggest losers would be anyone who bought vgf at sold out resort prices $255. These buyers are going to be in the red

anyone who bought vgf1 while an active resort are still in the black

So you’re switching from one apocalyptic vision to another now. First, the VGF2 price was going to be “sky high,” I believe higher than $275. Now you’re leaning toward $207, but apparently that’s an equally horrible option, because it’s just way too low and will upend resale and is thus a “very bad sign.” Uh, ok. First, $207 is hardly a fire sale…it’s also the current price of other equally high quality properties, Riviera and of course your favorite, Aulani. It’s the current going rate for non sold out resorts, plain and simple. And now, somehow, you regard this as a sign of the entire system breaking down.

I actually don’t think it will be the end of the world for VGF resale either. At $180 it’s still a $30 pp savings. In the immediate term, VGF direct prices will go up, and in the long term it will sell out in a couple years and resale prices will be right back where they are now.
I know you weren’t responding to me, but I agree with her and don’t feel it is apocalyptic. It’s just a sign of their direction. On one hand, develop new exciting properties to grow your sales, on the other hand, cheap flips of existing resorts. Same with the parks- fifth gate to increase business, or genie + and other increases to charge more to existing. One way shows commitment, the other a desire for an easy buck.

I am still not happy with the new building and the flood of studios that don't work well for couples. I really wish there was a studio King and murphy bed option. Frankly I am not happy with Disney CS, ticket/AP pricing, and the crowded parks either. The magic has worn off for me lately. It's funny to think when this was originally announced I was excited and was considering buying points. A lot has changed since then.

I am not buying tomorrow and may even sell my VGF points if in a year or two the main/old DVC building is impossible to book. We bought VGF from Disney in 2013 for $145 and resale in 2018 for $145, so if we do sell, we'll make out OK. I do think the resale market has been a little crazy lately and realize if we sell in 1-3 years we may not get today's resale pricing of $190-210 a point. I am willing to take the risk and maybe my fears of studios being gone at 11 months (via walking) will be unfounded.

I hope everyone gets what they want tomorrow :)

You sure no how to kill a party! Will miss you....:)
If the price is right, I'll just be fashionably late, LOL.
My guide has a smart plan for tomorrow. He’s going to be emailing all of his buyers who have expressed interest all the info, including pricing sheets, point charts, incentives, etc, as soon as he gets it early in the morning, so that when he calls everyone will know the specific financials.
And of course, you will immediately post all that info here, right? Feel free to start a new thread!
The biggest losers would be anyone who bought vgf at sold out resort prices $255. These buyers are going to be in the red

Maybe not for long, though.

FWIW, that $255 ppp was in effect quite a while before VGF2 was even announced. It wouldn't be the first time incentives brought prices down after some people bought at a higher price.

I am still not happy with the new building and the flood of studios that don't work well for couples. I really wish there was a studio King and murphy bed option. Frankly I am not happy with Disney CS, ticket/AP pricing, and the crowded parks either. The magic has worn off for me lately. It's funny to think when this was originally announced I was excited and was considering buying points. A lot has changed since then.

I am not buying tomorrow and may even sell my VGF points if in a year or two the main/old DVC building is impossible to book. We bought VGF from Disney in 2013 for $145 and resale in 2018 for $145, so if we do sell, we'll make out OK. I do think the resale market has been a little crazy lately and realize if we sell in 1-3 years we may not get today's resale pricing of $190-210 a point. I am willing to take the risk and maybe my fears of studios being gone at 11 months (via walking) will be unfounded.

I hope everyone gets what they want tomorrow :)
I agree. They should have differentiated these new "resort studios" with a King Bed and pull down queen. The pull down queens are very comfortable and provide versatility. Studios with king beds would be a very nice option.

DVCRM has a new VGF listing for 50 points at $220pp, they don't seem concerned about this being over-priced. They also have 30% of VGF listings sitting over 30 days and 70% of listings are at $195 and over.
Let's see if these reduce at all next week.

DVCRM has a new VGF listing for 50 points at $220pp, they don't seem concerned about this being over-priced. They also have 30% of VGF listings sitting over 30 days and 70% of listings are at $195 and over.
Agree & not a surprise. I'm sure most buyers are waiting to see the pricing for direct. Can't think of a good reason not to wait. I will also be interested to see what happens with resale pricing after this week.

Smalls always carry a premium, easier to drop 11k vs if 207 is accurate and you're a first time buyer having to drop 30k.

Will be interesting to watch what happens with resale though for sure.

Yes, VGF direct buyers are $255 wouldn't be thrilled. But also anyone who bought a high priced sold out resort in the recent couple pricing schemes. I mean, Poly at $250 wouldn't feel good either if VGF2 comes in at $207. I'd even say AKL at $186.

Smalls always carry a premium, easier to drop 11k vs if 207 is accurate and you're a first time buyer having to drop 30k.

Will be interesting to watch what happens with resale though for sure.
Also a 200pt at $201, I think this will be spot on the 200pt Direct price tomorrow.

Yes, VGF direct buyers are $255 wouldn't be thrilled. But also anyone who bought a high priced sold out resort in the recent couple pricing schemes. I mean, Poly at $250 wouldn't feel good either if VGF2 comes in at $207. I'd even say AKL at $186.
I think AKL buyers is reaching a bit. I agree about those that might have bought Poly or VGF direct prior to VGF2 announcement. But I'm guessing we're talking about a very few people, if at all.

When VGF1 went on sale, it went out to members first for a week or two at $145/pt, then went on sale to the general public at $155/pt. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar here (not in terms of pricing, but a delta from an initial period vs. the main sales period in order to try to drive a bunch of immediate sales).

Not many sales at PVB but yes I get your point. It's just as well they suspended VGF sales in Aug 2021.

I'd even say AKL at $186.
AKV has a very friendly points chart compared to VGF. Even if they were priced exactly the same in dollars-per-point, you're still getting a lot more nights-per-contract.

Not many sales at PVB but yes I get your point. It's just as well they suspended VGF sales in Aug 2021.
View attachment 651455
These people buying contracts with points that end in "3" give me anxiety.

Could you imagine that? Logging into your account and seeing your 173 point Copper Creek contract?

Serial killer behavior.

I bought in at akl with base price $186, incentives of course were offered

i don’t expect any impact whatsoever to akl prices in either direct or resale Because of gfv. Akl is really buyer friendly on price and points chart

I bought in at akl with base price $186, incentives of course were offered

i don’t expect any impact whatsoever to akl prices in either direct or resale Because of gfv. Akl is really buyer friendly on price and points chart

Its buyer friendly because its cheaper. Its why its pointed to so if the math changes on other resorts it could have a spill over impact to AKV resale but we will have to wait to see.

AKV has a very friendly points chart compared to VGF.

And VGF has lower MFs.

Random week in October:
AKV Std - 107 Points - $881.30
VGF Std - 158 Points - $1107.22
AKV Sv - 135 Points - $1111.93
VGF Lake - 188 Points - $1317.45

Flip side if you bought at VGF then stayed at AKV:
AKV Std - $749.82
AKV Sv - $946.04

We will see how the 7 month window changes but AKV likely will still be easy to get most times of the year in either normal view category while VGF will likely remain slightly harder to get with cheaper views possibly going before 7 months now but its a guess.

I talked to our guide today and he told me that I would get an email from him with details tomorrow morning by 8-9:00, and he would follow up with a call in the afternoon. He made some cryptic comments when I was saying that we were definitely interested but of course needed to know the price and any incentives for certain point amounts that we would be very happy, whatever that means. He knows we are thinking about 250-300 points, and he knows we bought 250 at Riviera when incentives got it down to 179 (I think it was) for 250 points, so I hope he is legit and not full of crap and I find out its 255 a point with no incentives or something like that - because that would no make me very happy lol. He also commented about recommending sooner rather than later when I said at least this isn't like a limited release merch item that I have to decide on as soon as it comes out - but he's a salesman so I suppose he would say that no matter what.

Its buyer friendly because its cheaper. Its why its pointed to so if the math changes on other resorts it could have a spill over impact to AKV resale but we will have to wait to see.

And VGF has lower MFs.

Random week in October:
AKV Std - 107 Points - $881.30
VGF Std - 158 Points - $1107.22
AKV Sv - 135 Points - $1111.93
VGF Lake - 188 Points - $1317.45

Flip side if you bought at VGF then stayed at AKV:
AKV Std - $749.82
AKV Sv - $946.04
One has to expect gfv monthly fees to adjust next year now big pine key is attached

I talked to our guide today and he told me that I would get an email from him with details tomorrow morning by 8-9:00, and he would follow up with a call in the afternoon. He made some cryptic comments when I was saying that we were definitely interested but of course needed to know the price and any incentives for certain point amounts that we would be very happy, whatever that means. He knows we are thinking about 250-300 points, and he knows we bought 250 at Riviera when incentives got it down to 179 (I think it was) for 250 points, so I hope he is legit and not full of crap and I find out its 255 a point with no incentives or something like that - because that would no make me very happy lol. He also commented about recommending sooner rather than later when I said at least this isn't like a limited release merch item that I have to decide on as soon as it comes out - but he's a salesman so I suppose he would say that no matter what.
I’d expect very different dvc member incentives vs when this goes public probably later in March

One has to expect gfv monthly fees to adjust next year now big pine key is attached

Its not going to be anything significant likely. They already pay proportionate dues for the resort. Also since there was just a refurb of all rooms they won't need to play "catch-up" in trying to put away money for capital reserves for future updates.

So possibly you add an extra 1% increase but not close to closing any sort of gap in the MF delta which is drastically driven up at AKV because of the size, ground work, animals, and transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter