The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a VWL groupie here! We leave for "home" on Friday and I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc

I still get chills when I walk into the WL lobby (and it's not just the air conditioning!) WDW has a lot of beautiful resorts, but WL is really a cut above. The themimg is incredible!

Just wondering which groupies are going to be there with me. We'll be there the 19th - 25th then over to SSR for the 26th - 28th.

Lori

Muushka said:
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: very funny! :thumbsup2

Welcome home! Did you have a good time? Was it beautiful?

We had a wonderful time. And it was very beautiful. Some of the decorations seemed scaled down all over the world. And the MK tree was just not the same offset by the castle instead of near the Town Center by Town Hall.

Illuminations was fabulous. The holiday ending just made it so nice. It really made me wish that all that garbage over in the Middle East was over and everyone was back home with their families.

Did you ever stay at WL, say, 12 or so years ago? I remember back then they had several of the pine trees in the courtyard decorated with the tiny white lights and they used to decorate that big WL sign across the road and they used to have a gingerbread house in the WL lobby!
Makes me sad that they are cutting back other places now too. I guess it was too good to last :rolleyes: .

I agree about the Illuminations ending. Ahhh, peace.......

We just transfered our video to dvd from our trip in Oct. We watched it last night, and relived our stay at VWL. I now recall thinking that the animal sculptures in the villa lobby had been redone, as the details on each one were easier to see, as were the Native American signs.

Don't forget about being a Flag Family. It's a must-do whenever we stay there, assuming there is availability. Truly spectacular!

loribell said:
Just wondering which groupies are going to be there with me. We'll be there the 19th - 25th then over to SSR for the 26th - 28th.

Lori

We'll be at our favorite home Dec 22-26. Can't wait! I bought DVC during my first stay at the villas and have never once regretted it. I only wish we could be there more often!

We were married there March 17,2002 on the Sunrise Terrace. Rick, me, his son, and my friend Cindy. That was it. Looking forward to our vow renewal there again sometime down the road!

Hi VWL family! :wave:

EpcotMatt said:
Don't forget about being a Flag Family. It's a must-do whenever we stay there, assuming there is availability. Truly spectacular!

You are right, Matt. We always try for flag family everytime. Most trips have worked out. We are going to be flag family this coming Mon. Always enjoy time talking with Ranger Stan.

We have never asked to be the flag family, I guess because we figure we don't have kids.

Take lots of pictures from that roof!

We have asked to be flag family during every stay, and never have been allowed as it was always booked up.

I'm afraid that little secret was ruined by the internet before we were able to take advantage of it. :rolleyes:

We got to be the flag family last spring break. Unfortunately, Ranger Stan didn't come in that morning due to a dental emergency! We were a tad bummed. Funny though, we put the flags in the wrong order and when we got back that night someone had gone up and changed them.

We have 7 in what we consider immediate family, so some of us will have not pass the chance of being up there. When the DGC get a bit older, hopefully, we'll get the chance for some to be Flag Family.

Bobbi :)

PS. One thing that I really like about the VWL area is the wonderful lakes that you can ride the boats on. I think that's a cut above any other DVC marina area.

This thread is driving me crazy!!!!!! We are awaiting word on Disney's ROFR, we placed offer on 11/18, 87 per point.

This past Nov we spent our time at the Poly Club Level, other family at WL, We loved it there, After spending an hour at the lodge we decided to buy after market soon as we got home, Have to have our home at VWL!

With 2 boys, 9 & 11, a daughter on the way in Feb! nephews are 8 & 13, we just had to share the magic with all, so we are purchasing 300 pts so we can all enjoy Home.

Hope to see you all at home soon!
Nick

nmere said:
This thread is driving me crazy!!!!!! We are awaiting word on Disney's ROFR, we placed offer on 11/18, 87 per point.

This past Nov we spent our time at the Poly Club Level, other family at WL, We loved it there, After spending an hour at the lodge we decided to buy after market soon as we got home, Have to have our home at VWL!

With 2 boys, 9 & 11, a daughter on the way in Feb! nephews are 8 & 13, we just had to share the magic with all, so we are purchasing 300 pts so we can all enjoy Home.

Hope to see you all at home soon!
Nick

Good luck Nick,

My home resort is the BCV's which I love, so I'm trying to convince my "old guy" to go for an add on at the Lodge. No luck so far, (we've got 2 kids starting college soon, don't ya just hate it when one spouse is responsible!) my next move is to slap the head phones on him and start playing the lobby music in his ear while he sleeps and old Gabby hayes reruns....

Guess there is an advantage to being irresponsible!!!! lol, Waiting on Disney's ROFR is driving us nuts, Looking for other options if this doesn't work.

Granny said:
We have asked to be flag family during every stay, and never have been allowed as it was always booked up.

I'm afraid that little secret was ruined by the internet before we were able to take advantage of it. :rolleyes:
Here is wishing you luck and Pixie Dust for your upcoming trip on being flag family :thumbsup2

Yes, good luck Nick and welcome to the obsessive portion of the boards. Let us know when we can give you an official Welcome Home!

And eliza61, as always, you have an interesting command of the English language. Hope those headphones work!

Just saying Hi. We just closed on a VWL contract and are waiting to be put into the DVC system. I am looking forward to booking our first trip.

I tried to book WL for Christmas 2007 back in July at 499 days out and they had no rooms available. I called back every day for two weeks but still nothing. Finally the Honeymoon suite became available. I finally convinced my husband that if we buy at VWL we can book 11 months out and try to get Christmas every other year.

Nick - It took DVC the 30 full days for ROFR(sub 10/16) on our contract and then they misplaced the paper work after it passed. I wish you the best of luck and understand how hard the wait is.

Thanks for the well wishes!!!! it's kinda crazy sitting here and I can't wait to write a $26,000 check for the balance after the deposit.. Sure makes you wonder what they put in the drinks at Disney! lol, Must be the Pixie Dust.

Love VWL - it is one of the BEST!!!

one time I was asked about being a flag family back way before VWL was even build. but I have a BIG problem with heights - I have no wish to go out on any roof..... :rolleyes:

here is cheering for you to past ROFR!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :yay: :yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter