The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
beachwarmer said:
Just saying Hi. We just closed on a VWL contract and are waiting to be put into the DVC system. I am looking forward to booking our first trip.

I tried to book WL for Christmas 2007 back in July at 499 days out and they had no rooms available. I called back every day for two weeks but still nothing. Finally the Honeymoon suite became available. I finally convinced my husband that if we buy at VWL we can book 11 months out and try to get Christmas every other year.

Nick - It took DVC the 30 full days for ROFR(sub 10/16) on our contract and then they misplaced the paper work after it passed. I wish you the best of luck and understand how hard the wait is.

Welcome Home!!!

And can I add, you have wonderful taste in DVC resorts!

perdidobay said:
starbox, great photos of your daughter :) I think you belong!
Here is a photo taken in Jan of 05 of the villa's lobby
47b6d903b3127cce8bd357ffac8700000016108AZuWzZw3cs8
You don't know how happy I am to see this picture! We are checking into
"our home" on Jan. 1, 2007, and I was so afraid that the VWL elves would remove the Christmas decorations overnight on New Year's Eve! Now, at last, I'll get to see the decorations at WL and VWL!

VWL is our home resort, and no other place has the great feel that VWL has. In fact, in Sept. 05 my college aged DD came to WDW over Labor Day to visit a CM friend. The day DD was leaving to fly back to college, she had her friend drop her off at WL. She put her bag into storage and just hung out at the lodge for the 3 hours or so that she had before Mears picked her up to take her to the airport. Why did she go there instead of a park? Because "it's my home" she said. "I just felt comfortable there."

Sitting here with my Yankee Autumn Lodge candle burning. Ahhhh...the smell of the Lodge!

Oh and another great scent by Yankee that reminds me of VWL is called Balsam & Cedar. It's a relatively new scent I think and can be found on Yankee's website. I'm sure it can also be found in Yankee and other retail stores as well. :)

What a great thread! We love VWL! Just walking into the lobby, the world melts away.

One of my favorite things to do is to go downstairs early in the morning with a cup of joe, sit on the porch and listen to the dawn chorus and the new day beginning.

MaryJ said:
You don't know how happy I am to see this picture! We are checking into
"our home" on Jan. 1, 2007, and I was so afraid that the VWL elves would remove the Christmas decorations overnight on New Year's Eve! Now, at last, I'll get to see the decorations at WL and VWL!

VWL is our home resort, and no other place has the great feel that VWL has. In fact, in Sept. 05 my college aged DD came to WDW over Labor Day to visit a CM friend. The day DD was leaving to fly back to college, she had her friend drop her off at WL. She put her bag into storage and just hung out at the lodge for the 3 hours or so that she had before Mears picked her up to take her to the airport. Why did she go there instead of a park? Because "it's my home" she said. "I just felt comfortable there."

I know how your daughter feels, I feel the same way :sunny: I'm hoping you get to see the decorations...we go the second week of every Jan, and it is hit or miss as to when they start removing the decorations. But you should be good since you are going so early in Jan. Have a great time!

jimmytammy said:
Here is wishing you luck and Pixie Dust for your upcoming trip on being flag family :thumbsup2
Thanks so much for the wishes, JT! :)

iankh said:
One of my favorite things to do is to go downstairs early in the morning with a cup of joe, sit on the porch and listen to the dawn chorus and the new day beginning.
I like to sit on one of the chairs overlooking the pool and out into Bay Lake in the morning, with my cup of joe, and watch all the fathers each with about 4 refillable mugs heading to Roaring Fork for their family's morning libations. Makes a great first parade of the day! :)

Hi All. Well we just checked out of "Our Beloved Wilderness Lodge". I am happy to report that it is as beautiful as ever. The weather was great and we had a wonderful time. We are in WPB area realizing that we left our sea sickness RX at VWL YIKES!! What a day trying to get that straightened out. VWL will ship it home for us but we had to get another RX for it before our Monday cruise. Oy! More gorey details when we return in 1 week. We did the DDP, have to figure out if that is good for us or not! To all going soon, have a wonderful time and write when you return!

Muushka said:
Hi All. Well we just checked out of "Our Beloved Wilderness Lodge". I am happy to report that it is as beautiful as ever. The weather was great and we had a wonderful time. We are in WPB area realizing that we left our sea sickness RX at VWL YIKES!! What a day trying to get that straightened out. VWL will ship it home for us but we had to get another RX for it before our Monday cruise. Oy! More gorey details when we return in 1 week. We did the DDP, have to figure out if that is good for us or not! To all going soon, have a wonderful time and write when you return!
Glad you had a good time! DW booked us yesterday for VWL in Oct. Cant wait to be back "home"

Hi ~
Just stopped by the WL for dinner on Dec 1. Snapped a few pics. I didn't get to pop in on the Villas side because I was with a group of friends. But figured I'd share a couple of the Lodge pics with ya :
ebb8ccdd.jpg

ebb8ccdb.jpg

ebb8ccda.jpg

ebb8cc78.jpg

ebb8cb65.jpg

MiaSRN62 said:
Hi ~
Just stopped by the WL for dinner on Dec 1. Snapped a few pics. I didn't get to pop in on the Villas side because I was with a group of friends.
[/IMG]

Great pictures. I've never seen the holiday decorations at WL and I can see why it's a popular Decemeber destination!!

We'll be there the first of January. The kids look lightly dressed - what was the weather like?

MiaSRN62 said:
Hi ~
Just stopped by the WL for dinner on Dec 1. Snapped a few pics. I didn't get to pop in on the Villas side because I was with a group of friends. But figured I'd share a couple of the Lodge pics with ya :
ebb8ccdd.jpg

ebb8ccdb.jpg

ebb8ccda.jpg

ebb8cc78.jpg

ebb8cb65.jpg
Those are great shots! We have a digital, but it has some age on it now. If you dont mind me asking, what camera did you use to take these pics?

Hi starbox !
We got lucky. Had 80-84 the first 3 days we were there. The day we left, the high was only about 69 and I believe it didn't get warmer than about 73 the rest of the week. But we were able to swim and wear shorts. Friends of mine remained there for the week and said they needed sweatshirts in the morning and evening. Have a great trip in January ! Hope the weather cooperates ! :thumbsup2

Hi Jimmytammy,
Honestly, I appreciate the compliments on my pics, but I'm not thrilled with the quality of pics in low-light conditions. I have a Kodak Easyshare DX7440. It's a 4 MP with a 4x optical zoom. Day shots come out great, but it took me several tries to get these low-light pics using the special menu options and keeping the camera as still as I could. I held my breath so as not to move at all. Not sure I'd recommend this camera because I have lost some nice photo moments due to low light. Perhaps newer versions of the Kodak Easyshare are better in dark situations. This one was purchased in 11/04. I'm looking to upgrade.
But thanks again for the nice comments :)

Sign me up:thumbsup2

WL is my DHs fav, he's jones'ing after giving it up in Oct. so I could try the BC. Think it's the 1st time he's more excited than I am to go on vacation.:)

He adores the theming, I don't think it's too dark either, nice respite from the parks @ the end of the day. Def. appreciate the secluded feel we get.

We enjoy taking gag photos of the never-ending hallway that reminded us of the one in the movie The Shining...we got the giggles each time we strolled down to our fantastic room @ the very end of the hall.

Just bumping to get a little dose of VWL! Thanks to everyone for sharing their trip reports and pictures! :)

I can't believe I will be home in just 4 more days! Hope to bump in to some of you there!!!!

Lori

Vwl are one of our home resorts I love it there. We head down in just 2 weeks Hoping for a 2 bedroom corner room We had one a few yrs ago and it was awesome . I hope my friends and CM Stewart and Kendra and Carrie are still working at the trout pass pool bar one of my favorite hang outs. The Dh and 2 DS are going out ona fishing excursian when we are there Here's hoping the catch lots of bass. We will be there the 4-10 of Jan if anyone else is there look for us at the bar
Brenda

Just an FYI, but Menards has some cool lodge decor such as rugs, throws, lamps, etc.

We found an awesome area rug, entry rug and throw called "Bearwalk" and it's made by Genesis. It's back by all the big area rugs and it's all on sale until 12/24.

Also found some cute fleece throws there that have bears and moose and they were only $3.22 each and are 50"x60"!!

The cool antler type lamps there are by Hunter and are in the Northwoods line. They were about $49.95 each. :)

Edited to add that here is a picture of the Bearwalk area rug. It also coordinates with the entry rug and throw.

bearwalkrug.jpg

We'll be going to our home in another day! :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the pics to get us in the mood!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter