The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

What is with the end of Sept? Due to my husbands work schedule we are now shifting our trip. I tried for the end of Sept going into Oct and even just on the normal WBC website its all booked up? Convention? or what?

Wyndham website update. They updated about 2 weeks ago and it has been horrible since. Just wait until middle of July to see if it clears up. If not, you may be stuck looking at other places.

oh crud....as i just payed the deposit to try and get something on the books for our trip. After loosing out on a great deal already.

Their response to my question. So you cannot cancel and rebook.
We would not be able to do that since our cancellation policy states you can not book the same dates or dates around your original dates once you cancel it.

Their response to my question. So you cannot cancel and rebook.
We would not be able to do that since our cancellation policy states you can not book the same dates or dates around your original dates once you cancel it.

So, you cant book two overlapping reservations and then cancel one a week later??

Reading some of the horror stories on TUG about people trying to check-in at WBC. Reservations are a mess. People booked in 3BR Pres units showing up to only be in a 1BR Pres unit. Others showing up and the reservation not in the system at all. Because of the system change, call wait times are already hours long. Add in the fact that you have families showing up only to be told they don't have the unit they booked or none at all. They are having to wait hours upon hours for the owner they booked through to finally get through to Wyndham, hours on the phone trying to correct it, and then finally getting it done. It is a nightmare for renters like me and even worse for owners. They have clients stuck sitting around waiting to find out if there vacation is ruined.

I have done all my due diligence to insure my trip is 100% accurate and in the system. I talked to the owner I booked through. She verified it on her end. I called WBC and verified it myself 3 times now. This is the reason I plan on getting in around 9AM. I want my room locked in, checked in, and done with it.

Wow. What a nightmare. We told friends how much we liked WBC and they tried to book a few weeks ago. Had issues and booked Vistana. Now, I'm so glad they did. Are all Wyndham timeshares going through this?

It is a Wyndham wide issue. They rolled their new site out. From what I gather is that all reservations prior to the rollout are fine. The ones after the rollout are the ones having problems. Much of it is also being caused by the "auto-upgrade" feature it seems. I can only go by what I read on the site. Megarenters are the ones that have the biggest issue. They utilized the loophole in the system to reap huge rewards. They've closed that loophole but destroyed the entire system from the sounds of it.

About a month ago I bought a week at the end of August from an eBay seller. (FWIW, this seller didn't appear to be a mega-renter based on transaction history.) I have a copy of the RCI transaction request made by the seller showing my name and travel dates correctly, but when I called WBC this morning to double-check, they don't have a reservation in my name. :sad2: I just opened a "didn't receive item" dispute with eBay and asked the seller to figure out what happened to my reservation. I really hope this gets straightened out!

If RCI found out about someone renting a reservation, they could have their entire RCI account terminated. It is against policy to rent out RCI units. People still do it. You can see all of the SSR and OKW resorts that are on eBay. They are the ones that show the $190 room charge at check-in. That is what Disney charges for RCI exchanges.

Don't get nervous yet. It may not have rolled in. Since you said it was RCI, there could be a massive issue with the Wyndham site change and RCI exchanges.

About a month ago I bought a week at the end of August from an eBay seller. (FWIW, this seller didn't appear to be a mega-renter based on transaction history.) I have a copy of the RCI transaction request made by the seller showing my name and travel dates correctly, but when I called WBC this morning to double-check, they don't have a reservation in my name. :sad2: I just opened a "didn't receive item" dispute with eBay and asked the seller to figure out what happened to my reservation. I really hope this gets straightened out!
It may be too early for them to have a reservation in your name at the resort. While you may be booked in RCI, those reservations may not be sent to WBC until a couple of weeks before the dates. Is there any reason why the seller would want to rip you off? Is this nerves on your part after reading about the issues with the Wyndham reservation system?

It may be too early for them to have a reservation in your name at the resort. While you may be booked in RCI, those reservations may not be sent to WBC until a couple of weeks before the dates. Is there any reason why the seller would want to rip you off? Is this nerves on your part after reading about the issues with the Wyndham reservation system?
I got nervous reading about these booking problems and then I realized I never received the actual guest certificate, either. The seller justgot back to me and said the reservation won't be changed to my name until a week or so before check-in and she gave me the name of the person the reservation is currently under. (I didn't know this about renting a time share, I've never done it before.) She also re-sent the guest certificate and it looks like everything is in order. I'm looking forward to my first stay at WBC!

That's good to know. RCI is different than actual owners. I don't know what is required in those situations.

Skyauction.com is legit right? I just got the first week of September from them and added their cancel for any reason insurance. I asked them when my name would be put on the reservation so I could call and make sure it was there, and Skyauction said not until a few days before I checked in. That seems a little fishy to me. All this talk of the messed up website has me more nervous than normal.

Last time I rented at WBC through a mega-renter I got that certification within a couple of days.

Skyauction is legit. I would not be concerned with it. From other people, some of these reservations do not transition over to the new person until a few days before. I would not be too concerned with it.

Skyauction.com is legit right? I just got the first week of September from them and added their cancel for any reason insurance. I asked them when my name would be put on the reservation so I could call and make sure it was there, and Skyauction said not until a few days before I checked in. That seems a little fishy to me. All this talk of the messed up website has me more nervous than normal.

Last time I rented at WBC through a mega-renter I got that certification within a couple of days.
We just stayed last week with a week I won from SkyAuction. They won't transfer your reservation over until the day before. I called the resort the day before and it wasn't there, called SkyAuction and they said they'd put me to the top of the pile for Bonnet Creek to add in. Sure enough they told me to call Bonnet Creek in an hour and I did and my ressie was there. I would advise for you to do the same just to make sure it's there b/4 you leave :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter