The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Does WBC have a specific protocol for cleaning before you leave?
Nothing that I remember as being a big deal. Maybe we were asked to start the dishwasher, but nothing like stripping the beds, etc. The information they give you will outline anything they ask, but it is minimal.

What is the front desk phone number?
Here's the contact list for Wyndham resorts. They have Bonnet as 407-238-3500
https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/help/resort-phone-list

Apologies, I'm sure this has been posted a hundred times but I can't figure out how to search a thread (I did search all forums but did not find my answer).

What is the front desk phone number?

Additionally, if anyone can show me how to search a thread (not the entire DISboards website) I would be grateful!
Tap the magnifying glass/search icon at the top of the page. When it pops up change “everywhere” to whatever other drop down selection you may want and enter your keyword.

I am booking a bunk bed room at Wyndham Grand Bonnett Creek from their website, is this the same thing as WBC? It seems on the map there is the Grand building and then a bunch of Towers. I'm confused.

I am booking a bunk bed room at Wyndham Grand Bonnett Creek from their website, is this the same thing as WBC? It seems on the map there is the Grand building and then a bunch of Towers. I'm confused.
That is the hotel. Not the same thing but on the same property. When you stay at the hotel you have access to all of the pools around the property too.

I had a WBC reservation for late September through Vacation Strategies and it got cancelled today by Wyndham. I posted it on the main board, but I want you all to be aware this could happen to you. Makes me sad because I love this resort. No more WBC for me, I won't take the risk again.
I’m so sorry this has happened to you. Did you have your email confirmation in your name? How did you find out it was cancelled?
I’m booked as a guest in a 2 br presidential in about a week and now I’m worried 😬

I’m so sorry this has happened to you. Did you have your email confirmation in your name? How did you find out it was cancelled?
I’m booked as a guest in a 2 br presidential in about a week and now I’m worried 😬
My reservation was through Vacation Strategy. They sent me an email regarding the cancellation. I have stayed at WBC many times over the years using both Vacation Strategy and Vacation Upgrade and have never had one issue so I was surprised this happened. I would suggest that you call WBC directly a couple of days before your visit and confirm that they have your reservation. I always do that, makes me feel better to know it's set. Here is what VS sent to me. There is no detail, I had to call them. And they weren't helpful in making other suggestions as to where to stay, I had to ask what else they had.

Please be advised that Wyndham has unexpectedly canceled your upcoming reservation. We just received the notification and therefore are informing you.

Since your reservation is canceled, we will issue you a full refund so that you may book elsewhere. We will continue searching for your reservation and in the event, we are able to rebook your trip dates, we will notify you immediately.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Sincerely,
Vacation Strategy Team

mail

I will definitely check with WBC the day before, thank you!
Did you receive a confirmation from WBC before the cancellation happened?

When you rent through VS, you don't get a confirmation email from WBC. When you check in, they have your reservation under your name. That is why I always call. When you rent through VU, you do get a confirmation email from Wyndham. So the answer to your question is no, I didn't have an email confirmation from WBC.

I also meant to add that I don't know if having an email confirmation from Wyndham would have made a difference. It most likely depends on why it was canceled. From what I understand, when you rent from a 3rd party, you are a guest. And if something happened with the owners account, the guest will be affected.

Businesses like Vacation Strategy manage the points for timeshare owners. Vacation Strategy does the renting and the customer service and collects a percentage. Some businesses do that for Disney timeshares as well.

Some people took advantage of previous Wyndham policies to turn timeshare ownership into a business. This resulted in new policies and rules to try to limit that.

That doesn't mean you can rent at Bonnet Creek, but it does add a bit more uncertainty than there was before in the process. Wyndham wants people to book directly from them or buy their timeshares, so any hint of uncertainty benefits them.

When you travel, issues can always come up. Hotels overbook, flights are canceled, weather can cancel events. Usually nothing like this happens but it always helps to have a Plan B.

Some people took advantage of previous Wyndham policies to turn timeshare ownership into a business. This resulted in new policies and rules to try to limit that.
I wonder if the big points owners will start feeling this, and then start dumping their points, further lowering the cost of secondary-market ownership points. I don't think I would ever own a timeshare, but at a certain price, who knows?

IIRC, when you book through a renter, your name is on the reservation around two weeks before your first day. I remember calling around two weeks before my reservation to make sure my name was on there. I understand what people are saying about "you're at the mercy of the owner", but I wonder if within two weeks of your trip, you're safe?

I wonder if the big points owners will start feeling this, and then start dumping their points, further lowering the cost of secondary-market ownership points. I don't think I would ever own a timeshare, but at a certain price, who knows?

IIRC, when you book through a renter, your name is on the reservation around two weeks before your first day. I remember calling around two weeks before my reservation to make sure my name was on there. I understand what people are saying about "you're at the mercy of the owner", but I wonder if within two weeks of your trip, you're safe?
I was 3 weeks out when it got cancelled. I don't know if there is an official cutoff. This has taught me that no reservation is "safe." I do realize that things happen when you travel but it's just very disappointing because my family loves WBC. I am glad I was notified 3 weeks ahead so I had time to make other plans.

I wonder if the big points owners will start feeling this, and then start dumping their points, further lowering the cost of secondary-market ownership points.
Several folks on TUG have gotten out of the business of renting, and I assume there are others. However, the prices on Wyndham resale are already quite low. I haven't followed the market lately, but a quick check of ebay completed listings suggests that $5-$10/K (or less). For comparison, that's about the range of annual maintenance fees as well---so the purchase price is about the cost of one year's use.

In general, the cost is inversely proportional to the maintenance fee per point ratio. Lower fees per point cost a little more to buy.

My ownership portfolio has a very low fee-per-point ratio, and I put it together for negative cost (meaning I got some deeds with a year of free use that offset any purchase costs), but some of that was dumb luck and I probably couldn't replicate it if I tried.

your name is on the reservation around two weeks before your first day.
The owner can put a guest name on the day the reservation is made, up to the day of check in. The only requirement is that an owner with overlapping reservations has to have a different lead guest name on each one. Many owners wait until about two weeks prior to add a guest name, because changing a name cost a new guest certificate, and 15 days is the point at which they cannot get their points back if they cancel. But, if they use (or pay for) a guest certificate and later cancel, they don't get the guest certificate back no matter how far in advance it is done.

One additional thought: Wyndham has a program that will take back contracts. They do not pay the owner, but it is very easy and predictable. Some owners get three years' use of their points after surrender without paying additional fees, but only those who bought retail. That's probably cut down on the resale supply somewhat, but that's probably a good thing. A lot of that resale supply was coming from postcard companies, who charge owners to dispose of their timeshares even though they have some residual value. Having those sharks put out of business would be a good thing.

What is the best way to go about reserving a 4 bedroom Presidential suite for January?
for this coming January? I think you're out of luck unless they have something through wyndham directly. The 4 bed units go right at 13 months most of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter