The 'we neeed to stay at DLH' PTR

Now time for an update on the to do list. Still left:

• Change the travel insurance to add an extra night and print out the documents
  • print out bbwws tickets
  • buy some navy leggings for DD3
  • find/buy raincoats for the girls
  • work out what clothes I am taking
  • Get headlamp converters and spare bulbs for my car
  • Sort out girls DLH surprise
  • Sort out breakfast to take with us for our mornings offsite
  • Get together packs of things for the girls to do on the journey
  • Write plans into the notebook for my bag
  • pack

I have also managed to work out how I am going to deal with staying 5 nights in 3 different hotels. I plan to pack one bag for Adagio, one bag for residhome and one bag for DLH plus one more bag with the stuff we will need everywhere. :goodvibes

I love your Autograph books - they are so fab!!!

How long did they take you???

I love your Autograph books - they are so fab!!!

How long did they take you???

Thankyou :goodvibes. I guess they took me a week to 10 days of doing a bit each evening. I used the tesco photobook creator which you download to your computer, I then searched for disney wallpapers for the various characters and used them as the background picture to cover the whole of the page. I made them about 60% transparent so the background isn't too dark. I then added clip art from the disneyclips site and a text box. For some of the characters it was a bit tricky finding images that were high enough resolution so some of the backgrounds fill more than one page then a smaller image fills up the rest of the double (like the toy story page).

Wow, these books are amazing - even without any autographs in them! Well done! :thumbsup2

I'm sure your excitement will be building now for the trip, not long now :goodvibes

Yes, we are getting very excited now:goodvibes Thanks for your comment on the books, we are looking forward to filling them with autographs. I have tried this year to combine characters on pages especially where we aren't likely to see someone or I know they don't sign so the books aren't so big. I can take pictures of the other pages too if anyone would like to see them.

WOW!!! Those autograph books are amazing! I really want to make one for DD - I just don't know if I have the time or patience!

Go for it - it really didn't take that long :goodvibes

Go for it - it really didn't take that long :goodvibes

Which books did you use on the Tesco site?

Will try to have a play now... we'll see how long it takes before I throw the laptop through the window!

I used the photobook creator which you download to your computer. I made medium landscape photobooks with a hard cover and paid extra to have photo covers. Once I designed them I sat tight and waited for an offer to come up and got 40% off the price so they only cost £12 each.

omg they are fab jo!!!!!!!!!!
my friend has made my for me, just waiting on them to arrive! they arent as fancy as urs, just a fancy front cover, then blank pages, as we tend to get autograph on one page, then i put a pic of the character & child on the opposite page....

uve also reminded me travel insurance lol and i still need to print out the vip fastpass email......

the pile of clothes is growing slightly, and so is the selection of sweeties im taking :rotfl: priorities u understand.... lol

omg they are fab jo!!!!!!!!!!
my friend has made my for me, just waiting on them to arrive! they arent as fancy as urs, just a fancy front cover, then blank pages, as we tend to get autograph on one page, then i put a pic of the character & child on the opposite page....

uve also reminded me travel insurance lol and i still need to print out the vip fastpass email......

the pile of clothes is growing slightly, and so is the selection of sweeties im taking :rotfl: priorities u understand.... lol

thanks Nikki, I'm not sure how but I had missed your post.:goodvibes

Now time for an update on the to do list. Still left:

• Change the travel insurance to add an extra night and print out the documents
  • print out bbwws tickets
  • buy some navy leggings for DD3
  • find/buy raincoats for the girls
  • work out what clothes I am taking
  • Get headlamp converters and spare bulbs for my car
  • Sort out girls DLH surprise
  • Sort out breakfast to take with us for our mornings offsite
  • Get together packs of things for the girls to do on the journey
  • Write plans into the notebook for my bag
  • pack

I have also managed to work out how I am going to deal with staying 5 nights in 3 different hotels. I plan to pack one bag for Adagio, one bag for residhome and one bag for DLH plus one more bag with the stuff we will need everywhere. :goodvibes

Well I am getting on with this quite well. I managed to find DD's raincoats and they fit fine and found a pair of leggings from DD2 that I can pass down to DD3. :goodvibes Insurance is all done and BBWWS tickets are printed. I have headlamp converters and a GB sticker and some activity books for DDs in the car on order. I have some things for breakfast on the first couple of mornings - just need to get milk. That just leaves packing, finalising my clothes and writing the plans into the all important notebook. :goodvibes

Seeing as we leave a week tomorrow I think it is time for the current plan.

Monday
Travel to adagio, sleep.

Tuesday
Breakfast in Room
Check out of adagio
EMH - queue for Autopia for 10am
12pm - lunch Auberge
anniversary train
meet Jack Sparrow
6pm- dinner Walts
Leave park check into residhome

Wednesday
Breakfast in room
check out of residhome, drive to DLH
EMH - hop to studios for opening
TSPL, RRC, meet Buzz
12pm - lunch Blockbuster cafe
meet disney characters
4pm - check into DLH and nap
6.30pm - dinner inventions
Back into park to see dreams

Thursday
EMH
9.00 - breakfast DLH
meet Pooh
2.30 - lunch agrabah cafe
afternoon nap
DLH meet and greet if on??
dinner cs when/if we are hungry
see parade
watch dreams

Friday
8.30 - breakfast DLH
studios for opening
12pm - dis meet
lunch - EOS
panoramagique??
6.30pm BBWWS
packing :sad:

Saturday
7.30 - breakfast DLH
EMH - possibly queue for princess pavillion for opening
see tarzan
1pm - lunch blue lagoon
DLH meet and greet??
5pm - dinner cs/snack
leave 6pm :sad:

thats a very organised list there jo!!!!

part of ur saturday sounds like mine lol
we want to fit tqarzan in on the sat if we can, but then, if its not raining.... ;) but of course we will need to wait on the times *sighs*

i really cud do with a list lol but maybe ill just write the things we want to do, and then slot them in and tick em off once done :thumbsup2

I made a list of all the organised meet/greets and the things like autopia/tspl that we find it best to queue for at opening and then worked out where we could fit them in around meal times/ what park we were planning to visit. It turns out that for most of them there was only really one slot so I have put them on the plan to remind myself and then we'll see what we feel like when we are actually there. :goodvibes

I'm a bit worried that with inventions and BBWWS we only have one chance to see the parade unless we are lucky enough to get a window seat in Walts. Also not sure how hungry we will be for Agrabah on Thursday but have the 20% birthday discount and Thursday is the last day we can use it. :goodvibes Also it looks like it could be a bit tricky getting food on the day we have cs dinner.

yes, must admit this cs being shut early is worrying me...... altho heard comments that caseys is open still..... lol

its an idea lookin at the guide - might do that this week as need to fit in moteurs along with sum of the studios meets (sully & buzz)....

will skip stars n cars i think, and also try n fit in dlh meets (think its every day we r there??)

omg - loads to plan!!! i feel so unprepared now lol

yes, must admit this cs being shut early is worrying me...... altho heard comments that caseys is open still..... lol

its an idea lookin at the guide - might do that this week as need to fit in moteurs along with sum of the studios meets (sully & buzz)....

will skip stars n cars i think, and also try n fit in dlh meets (think its every day we r there??)

omg - loads to plan!!! i feel so unprepared now lol

Sulley meet isn't listed any more so no idea when/if he is out. Buzz is around for a couple of hours in the mornings and they have 'disney characters' listed for a couple of hours in the afternoons. We will be in the Studios all day Wednesday and Friday am so only have one chance at the characters but could do Buzz either.

It was more in the main park where Pooh is 1-3, anniversary train is 1.30,2.30,3.30 and Jack Sparrow is 2.30,3.30,4.30 - so with our sit down lunches it didn't leave too many chances to do them.

im feelin a headache comin on!!!!

im beginin to dread this - espec with the post now bout cafe mickey being booked up and hotels full etc...... i wasnt panicing before, but am now..... ds2 really isnt good with lots of crowds..... have i made a huge mistake???:confused3

im feelin a headache comin on!!!!

im beginin to dread this - espec with the post now bout cafe mickey being booked up and hotels full etc...... i wasnt panicing before, but am now..... ds2 really isnt good with lots of crowds..... have i made a huge mistake???:confused3

I guess all we can do is wait and see. It does seem a little odd cafe mickey being booked already. :confused3

Wow Jo - you are so organised! I think I might just borrow your list :rotfl2:.

I have decided that other than meals, I am just going to wait until we are there and see what we feel like doing - plus until we see the Park Guide (just checked, still only up to 1st June online), I don't want to plan too much.

My biggest concern is that we are all shattered at the moment and the DDs go back to school/nursery a few days after we go back so I don't want them returning shattered (as we usually do after a DLRP holiday but as it's normally summer hols it's never been a problem). So, I think this time I'm going to try and slow down and just take in the little details etc while fitting in what the girls would like to do. Well, that's my kind of plan :rotfl2:.

As long as they see Dreams once (hopefully twice) I am not too bothered this trip. I think partially because I know we have November booked so can look to do things then if we miss them this trip :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter