The 'we neeed to stay at DLH' PTR

Yes, we are getting very excited now:goodvibes Thanks for your comment on the books, we are looking forward to filling them with autographs. I have tried this year to combine characters on pages especially where we aren't likely to see someone or I know they don't sign so the books aren't so big. I can take pictures of the other pages too if anyone would like to see them.

Wow your autograph book is fab. Id love to see the other pages. You must be so pleased how they turned out. The characters will love them. :goodvibes

Wow Jo - you are so organised! I think I might just borrow your list :rotfl2:.

I have decided that other than meals, I am just going to wait until we are there and see what we feel like doing - plus until we see the Park Guide (just checked, still only up to 1st June online), I don't want to plan too much.

My biggest concern is that we are all shattered at the moment and the DDs go back to school/nursery a few days after we go back so I don't want them returning shattered (as we usually do after a DLRP holiday but as it's normally summer hols it's never been a problem). So, I think this time I'm going to try and slow down and just take in the little details etc while fitting in what the girls would like to do. Well, that's my kind of plan :rotfl2:.

As long as they see Dreams once (hopefully twice) I am not too bothered this trip. I think partially because I know we have November booked so can look to do things then if we miss them this trip :thumbsup2.

I am working on the basis that the schedule will be the same for next week because it has been the last few weeks - they will probably change it knowing my luck now I have said that!

We may not do the character meets etc we will see how we feel but I have made sure we have a slot to do each if the girls want to. :) We tend to plan what to do first after EMH and then see after that too. Each trip the girls seem to have a different favourite that we end up riding umpteen times:rotfl2:

Wow your autograph book is fab. Id love to see the other pages. You must be so pleased how they turned out. The characters will love them. :goodvibes

Thankyou, I am really pleased. I will happily dig them out tomorrow and take photos of the other pages for you. :goodvibes

Thankyou, I am really pleased. I will happily dig them out tomorrow and take photos of the other pages for you. :goodvibes

Ah thanks that would be great. :thumbsup2Looking forward to seeing what you think of the DLH. Still can't believe we're going to be staying there!

Oh no Jo it is good to plan - I just am rubbish at it these days :rotfl:.

I'm sure we'll spend most of our time in Fantasyland & Discoveryland - and a bit of Frontierland too!

Can't decide which shows to do in the Studios though! Thinking I might leave some of them for November as we'll probably need refuge from the cold then :eek:.

Not sure if its been mentioned but at the DLH you can use the valet parking at no extra cost. You pull up & they sort the luggage & car out for you. We did that & it was straightforward, even if you want to pop back to your car at any time. All we did was tip the bell hop when he bought the cases to the room as we were there.

Sounds like you will have a fab trip:goodvibes Also make sure you have high vis vests in the car for your trip as its law in France.

Not sure if its been mentioned but at the DLH you can use the valet parking at no extra cost. You pull up & they sort the luggage & car out for you. We did that & it was straightforward, even if you want to pop back to your car at any time. All we did was tip the bell hop when he bought the cases to the room as we were there.

Sounds like you will have a fab trip:goodvibes Also make sure you have high vis vests in the car for your trip as its law in France.

thanks for that - we already have the high vis jackets from our other trips but are taking a different car which is why we needed the other bits. :goodvibes

Valet parking sounds great :goodvibes

Here are the rest of the piccies I promised you Mummy Minnie

172-1.jpg

169.jpg

176.jpg

173-2.jpg

178.jpg

177.jpg

179.jpg

180.jpg

Thanks jo. They all look soooo good. You've inspired me to have a go at designing the pages myself. Last year I did my own autograph book but used the pages from the Disney disigners. I might be asking you for the pages if it goes disastrously wrong!! :rolleyes1

Oh & I'd love to know when you come back how many of those characters you saw or any ones you saw but weren't in the book. Am hoping there will be lots of characters in Dlh so we can avoid the scrums!

Jo the books are truly amazing - the best I've seen, honestly! :cloud9:

Your girls will love them - have they seen them or are you keeping them a surprise?

I've customised the ones I got the girls (shamefully from the Disney Store online!), with pink glitter stickers with their names and the dates on them but that's it!!

I think I need to have a try with one like yours for our November trip! I shall be sending you a pm when we return from this trip to get some guidance (it will take me that long to sort it out!) :laughing:. The shameful thing is I work in arts & crafts so should be a bit more enthusiastic/inventive :lmao:.

When do you leave? Is it Sunday?

I am super excited - can't think of anything but the trip now - shame I have to work in between :lmao:. I think the fact that we haven't told the girls is making me more excited - I just can't wait to see their little faces :love:.

DH has designed a treasure hunt to beat all hunts for Sunday morning! I'm hoping they'll be able to understand it as he got a bit carried away :lmao:!

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your packing. Looks like we might need the raincoats but hopefully it will still be warm - warm rain, how nice! :lmao:

Thanks jo. They all look soooo good. You've inspired me to have a go at designing the pages myself. Last year I did my own autograph book but used the pages from the Disney disigners. I might be asking you for the pages if it goes disastrously wrong!! :rolleyes1

Oh & I'd love to know when you come back how many of those characters you saw or any ones you saw but weren't in the book. Am hoping there will be lots of characters in Dlh so we can avoid the scrums!

Jo the books are truly amazing - the best I've seen, honestly! :cloud9:

Your girls will love them - have they seen them or are you keeping them a surprise?

I've customised the ones I got the girls (shamefully from the Disney Store online!), with pink glitter stickers with their names and the dates on them but that's it!!

I think I need to have a try with one like yours for our November trip! I shall be sending you a pm when we return from this trip to get some guidance (it will take me that long to sort it out!) :laughing:. The shameful thing is I work in arts & crafts so should be a bit more enthusiastic/inventive :lmao:.

When do you leave? Is it Sunday?

I am super excited - can't think of anything but the trip now - shame I have to work in between :lmao:. I think the fact that we haven't told the girls is making me more excited - I just can't wait to see their little faces :love:.

DH has designed a treasure hunt to beat all hunts for Sunday morning! I'm hoping they'll be able to understand it as he got a bit carried away :lmao:!

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your packing. Looks like we might need the raincoats but hopefully it will still be warm - warm rain, how nice! :lmao:

thankyou both for your kind comments, you should both give it a go. It really was very easy, I managed it and I certainly wouldn't say art is my talent! I don't have the right software to make these as individual images to put into a book so each page has 3 overlapping parts. The background image is just a disney wallpaper I found on the internet. I added it as a full page photo and made it partially transparent. I then added another smaller picture on top with the character clip art in and then added a text box to the page for the writing. Feel free to ask for advice if you get stuck.

Mummy Minnie - I will happily let you know how many of them I see. :goodvibes

DLP Dreams - we leave Monday afternoon, I've nearly finished the packing and the raincoats are certainly in there! There seems to be rain around but every time I look at the forecast they seemed to have changed their minds which day. The treasure hunt sounds very exciting - I bet your girls will be so pleased when they find out. :goodvibes

Not long to go now. Just DD2's birthday and a gymnastics competition to get through now and we will be off :banana::cool1::yay::dance3:

oh jo its getting closer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the books r brill - almost a shame to write in them!!!!!
my best photobooks i did r one each for first yr of the boys..... but they r nothin like urs!!!

agree on the weather, i keep gettin rain, then next day its changed - wish theyd decide n stick with it :lmao:

Can't stop smiling today - it is getting close. Latest weather says showers most days which would be ok, we can dodge showers and hopefully not get too wet. :goodvibes Going to wash and hoover my car today in honour of the mouse :rotfl2: Packing is just about done apart from the last minute bits. DD2's birthday can be ticked off and now just a gymnastics comp tomorrow for the big two then Monday we will be off. :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Just read this in one go - I'm so impressed with those autograph books, they are so lovely :thumbsup2

Hope you have a fantastic time :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Just read this in one go - I'm so impressed with those autograph books, they are so lovely :thumbsup2

Hope you have a fantastic time :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Thank you so much. As I said I'm really pleased with how well they came out. I just can't wait to start using them - I did them for the kids honest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter