The "Why I didn't speak to my sister for a week" trip report *** Now Complete :)

My husband and I have been talking about buying a time share. I am really pulling for it but he is unsure....congrats on yours though!

We just took our first DVC trip and it was fantastic. Vero Beach was fabulous and having the 2BR villa at SSR was great. I've never stayed deluxe before SSR, so this was a huge step up for us. My kids are teenagers, so having the extra room allowed my eldest to bring a friend. We also invited our friends from Daytona to stay the weekend with us. We had 7 in the villa for 2nights of our stay and it never felt crowded. The customer service from member services has also been great. We are burning up the points like crazy. We are even taking a short, adults only trip in December. I definately recommend taking the DVC tour the next time you visit. It did take us awhile to make a final decision, but so far I have no regrets!

I interrupt this TR for a few moments as I must relay this invaluable information.

WE WON !!!!!!!!
We Frenchies finally won something !

Now, granted, it's the title of most obnoxious tourist, but still.

Would it surprise you to know that Jessi & Alex turned out to be Frenchie magnets ? :eek:

Please, please tell us what happens next! I need a few more :laughing:

Please, please tell us what happens next! I need a few more :laughing:

Me too....this is the first trip report that I actually check on several times a day to see if you posted more!!!!!

This is an entertaining report, to say the least. Wish I had as much patience waiting for the next installment as you had with your sister. I think what makes it most frustrating is that you paid for her. If she wanted to sleep on her own dime, then fine. I'd have pulled all funding - cancelled her flight back home and her room for the rest of the trip and thrown her out on the street. Family or not.

The CM took pity on me, I think, because my margarita was very tequila-ish while Grumpy & Alex's were not strong at all. So I switched mine with Alex's, since I can't handle my liquor anyway. The last time I drank alcohol at a party, I ended up sprawled on the kitchen floor, talking to the floor, and having a mini meltdown because it wouldn't answer back. :tilt:

We stayed and ate at Cantina, grabbing a better table at the last minute. Grumpy was in line for another plato combinacion, and Alex & I were chatting when we realized Jessi was nowhere to be seen. I thought maybe she'd gone to check out the Mexico pavilion so I went there to look for her, telling Alex she was not to move from the table and guard it with her life.
No sister of mine in Mexico. She had no cell. I went back to Cantina, found Grumpy in line and asked her if she'd seen Jess. Nope.
Where the heck is she ?? Epcot is so huge, and very crowded that night. I was worried that she'd left because she was upset Alex & I were chatting and sort of ignoring her. She's pulled that kind of stunt before.
It was 20mns before Illuminations was due to start and now we may have to leave the place we'd been waiting at for the past 2 hours because she'd left without telling anyone where she was going.

Then all of a sudden she was there, big smile on her face. She'd gone to get us all churros for dessert. It was a nice thing to do and so I didn't lash out at her, but I did remind her that Epcot-is-twice-as-big-as-Magic-Kingdom and can she pleaaaaaaaase let someone know before she leaves so we don't freak out ?

Since they'd never seen Illuminations, we let Jessi & Alex sit closer to the water.
We heard no complaining. The show was a hit with both of them.

I was confused when Jess thanked me for planning the trip so that we could be there on the "special night". She was impressed when I told her that Illuminations happens every night.
It's Disney, soeur chérie, they go all out all the time.

Could she be getting it ???? I dared to hope.

Everyone was rushing to the buses. We took our time, and walked to MouseGear. Jessi was now complaining that her feet ached, and she had a headache so the first thing we did was buy her Tylenol.

Then we all went our separate ways and browsed the shop. Grumpy & I were done soon - nothing new since our last trip so we didn't feel like buying anything. We told the girls they could take their time and we'd wait for them outside.

Again they took pics of stuff they couldn't buy (Grumpy told them if there was something they really wanted she'd buy it for them, like clothes, but no silly stuff). As expected Jessi was in love with the Mr Potato parts so she took pics of that, and of course the candy :)

DSC00599.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

Grumpy & I waited about an hour for them. I guess Jess's feet weren't hurting anymore. :rolleyes: then they joined us and we went to the buses.
I'd never seen such a short line for the POP bus, there must have been 10 persons altogether, at most.

Bye, Epcot !!! I didn't know it then, but we wouldn't see it at night again this trip.

IMG_5255.jpg

Back at POP, we stopped by Everything POP for a snack. It was closing in less than 20mns and there wasn't much to choose from. We grabbed some cereal and rice crispie treats for the next morning.
There'd be no time for breakfast, we were going to Seaworld and wanted to be there early.

I outright lied to Jessi & Alex and told them we HAD to leave by 8.30 at the very latest, because of the special Polar Expedition tour I had booked. I told them we needed to check in for that by 9am or we wouldn't be able to take the tour at all. I knew Jess was really looking forward to that and hoped it'd be enough to ensure we'd be at the park by 10am.

Coming up : SeaWorld, and I'm called the b word, guess by who ??

Aw, c'mon! That's not a good teaser cause we all KNOW the answer!!!! ;)

Great installment, sounds like maybe Jess can't fight the pixie dust anymore? pixiedust:

I haven't been to SeaWorld in years so I'm looking forward to it!

I just read through your whole report-----all I have to say is HOLY COW!!!!!
I know can't complain about ny less than stellar trip with my slow poke brother 2 summers ago!!! I can only pray your trip gets better:confused3

Yeah... an update :yay: !!! Now MORE please!!! More NOW please!! Ooops, for got to day I want MORE.......PLEASE!!!! popcorn::

Thanks so much for the update. :thumbsup2 Just when I'd about given up hope for Jess she goes & does something nice for everyone & buys churros. It's good to know shes not all selfish even though she didn't tell anyone where she was but it's the thought that counts.
Anxiously awaiting your next post.popcorn::

My plan backfired on us. At 8am Jessi & Alex were both dressed and ready to go. Jess was even in a good mood.

I wasn't. Sorry if there's any guy reading this, it'll probably scar you emotionally for the rest of your life.
Let's just say I'd gotten a surprise that morning, the kind of surprise you don't want to get when you're on vacation. Especially on the day you're going to Seaworld. Especially if what you like best at Seaworld is getting soaked by a whale.

Grumpy asked me if I wanted to send Jess & Alex over and she'd stay with me at POP.

"Sorry, I think you're talking to the wrong offspring here. Let's go see us some dolphins!"

AS IF I'm going to let this ruin a day of my vacation. Come on !!!

We got a cab right away and managed to be at Seaworld right at 9am when they were opening. It definitely is very different from opening time at Magic Kingdom !!!

DSC00615.jpg

IMG_5256.jpg

The first thing we did after we got inside was check for our tour. We were told our tour would be at 1pm, given our tickets, and a free cute tote bag. Grumpy uses it for school now :)

I wanted us to head straight to the dolphin cove so Jess could feed a dolphin but we stopped to look at the turtles first.

IMG_5265.jpg

Grumpy spotted a cute tank top at the Key West shop but didn't want to carry it around all day so she didn't buy it then. There'd be plenty of time to shop. We took our time walking to Dolphin Cove, enjoying the quietness of the park.

What I didn't know is that they have set times now where you can buy fish to feed the dolphins. The area is roped off - if you don't buy you can't get to that part of the cove, and obviously all the dolphins hang around the people who have food. I guess there were too many people pushing and shoving so they had to do that.

DSC00620.jpg

We'd just missed the first feeding time and the next one was an hour away.

I tried to explain that to Jessica.

"We have to wait an hour for the next feeding."
"I don't need to feed it, all I want to do is touch one."
"Well you can't do that without feeding them, look how the area is roped off you can't even walk in there. So if you want to feed and touch one we wait for an hour, no big deal, but we'll probably have to miss a show. So what do you want to do ??"

Jess then sighed heavily, then turned to Alex and said loud enough to make sure I'd hear "She's such an annoying b....!"

:furious:

I think I stood there for a minute trying to digest what I'd just heard. The only thing I could think of was, are you '$£ù%;# kidding me here ???

Grumpy heard and was too stunned to say anything. Now Jess & I have called each other wayyyyyyyy worse things through the years so it wasn't the word that shocked us both, but the timing.

It was Alex who spoke up.

"She didn't say anything bad. She's just explaining to you why we can't go see the dolphins upclose right now."

"FINE ! I'm SORRY then." And she proceeded to sulk.

That's right she was the one sulking.

I decided to just ignore her and went to the underwater viewing area to see me some dolphins. I have a friend who works in an aquarium and I have seen, touched, and fed dolphins there many times. So it doesn't really wow me anymore but I still like to look and take pics to show my DIS buddies :)

IMG_5268.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

We left the dolphin area and started walking towards the stadium where the Blue Horizons show takes place. Jess & Alex were looking at manatees and I was sitting with Grumpy, who was taking a cigarette break, when we saw a dozen of flamingos walking towards us. They were so cute !!!!

IMG_5277.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

We asked one of the girls minding the birds if they were moving to another area and she explained to us that they walk the flamingos every morning.
They were walking around as if they owned the place and we were the attractions. Those flamingos must have plenty of shrimp to eat, because they were almost bright orange instead of pink.

The first show we saw was Blue Horizons. The last time we'd seen it was a couple years ago, before we discovered Disney World. This show is amazing.
In the story, the girl is named Marina like me. When she first appeared, I leaned over to Grumpy and said "Hey, that's me!!! Darn I've really lost a lot of weight."

These pics don't come close to showing how great Blue Horizons is. If you've never been to Seaworld, you've got to try it.

IMG_5281.jpg

That's me !!!!!!

IMG_5284.jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5344.jpg

Jess really loved this show. I was starting to worry that it simply was DISNEY she didn't like. What would we do if that was the case ??

Worry about that later. For now let's go to the Seymoure & Clyde show, Grumpy's favorite. We're a bit early -how about we go feed us some sea lions ? Jess is far behind but I go in and buy trays of fish for all of us.

Feeding the sea lions is a lot of fun, they yell at you and even gesture to you to move this way or that way so they can catch the fish.

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00647.jpg

This is fun and we're all more relaxed. We decide to go have lunch at the "healthy" place that's close by. I remind them that we need to eat rather fast because the show is in 40mns. Jess gets mad.

"Stop rushing us all the time. So we'll miss the show, big deal. I like to take my time to eat, okay!"

Grumpy nods. She agrees. I didn't see that one coming.

What if she was right ?? Maybe the problem this whole time has been me, and I really AM an annoying b.... ???????????

errr I don't think so! I think your sister is a spoiled little madam!!!!! I think you have the patience of a saint not to have told her where to stick it and fend for herself for the rest of the trip!

Loving your report though!!!

Lx

I will be hiding a body if my sister act's like that next week...I have made reservations for meals...I even told her if there is someplace she wants to try go to the list and I will handle the times etc....she says just plan it...I dare her...

should I take plastic and tape?:lmao:

im loving this report,and you are a saint... if it was my sister i would have gone to the lost and found, and asked them "if i leave my sister here can you act like shes lost and keep her, pretty please......"

I just read finished reading through everything so far and all I can say is, "Oy Vey!" I hope this has a happy Disney ending!

~Beka~

Just catching up, you have more patience than me,i would have lost it by now,love your seaworld piccies :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter