The WOnDeRs - Welcome to the Club -W/C 7th April

Okay -- Here's the biggest tip I can give you (and most of you have already figured it out!):

INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING !!!

Yep, even if it's twice the price...buy anything you can in individual packs so your portion is already controlled. For instance, I love, love, love potato chips (I am a true carbaholic!) and switched to the Baked Lays when we started this last year. The problem was, I could still sit there and eat an entire bag. So I noticed they now have a variety pack of Baked Lays that are 1 oz servings. I have been buying them ever since I found them. And the best part is now that they last a long longer, I buy them less often so even though they cost more to start with -- I'm actually saving money.

This applies to cookies and ice cream too. I can honestly say that I have not eliminated these things from my diet -- I've just modified them. I knew I had to make a lifestyle change that I could truly live with and I couldn't picture myself never eating sweets again (they are so near and dear to me -- LOL). So you just have to educate yourself on what the better choice is.

I hope everyone has an excellent week!!!

Okay -- Here's the biggest tip I can give you (and most of you have already figured it out!):

INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING !!!

Yep, even if it's twice the price...buy anything you can in individual packs so your portion is already controlled. For instance, I love, love, love potato chips (I am a true carbaholic!) and switched to the Baked Lays when we started this last year. The problem was, I could still sit there and eat an entire bag. So I noticed they now have a variety pack of Baked Lays that are 1 oz servings. I have been buying them ever since I found them. And the best part is now that they last a long longer, I buy them less often so even though they cost more to start with -- I'm actually saving money.

This applies to cookies and ice cream too. I can honestly say that I have not eliminated these things from my diet -- I've just modified them. I knew I had to make a lifestyle change that I could truly live with and I couldn't picture myself never eating sweets again (they are so near and dear to me -- LOL). So you just have to educate yourself on what the better choice is.

That is great advise :hug:

INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING !!!

Excellent tip!!!!

INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING !!!

This is how I fit snacks into my lunch bag! Then I don't feel the need to finish someting before it goes stale too!

I looked at your response to food texture too - most people I know who have food texture issues - it is the fruit. Some can do it in a smoothie with yogurt if they like the flavour. I am still trying to get DH past apples and oranges though.

You have had such inspiring stories to share - thanks!

INDIVIDUAL PACKAGING !!!

Great tip! I'm going to have to put my own portions in baggies because I'm also trying to keep my food budget under $90/wk for my family of 5. I am not going to be able to buy a lot of diet things, but I think that's for the best in the end because that's what I'll have to work with after the weight is off anyway. I did find some Meijer brand lean cuisine knock-offs for $1.62 that are pretty good and I'm sticking with those for lunch. I have been watching calories and portions and counting out pretzels and stuff, but having them in baggies will help me not to say screw it and eat out of the bag. ;) Thanks for the great idea.

Ugh, ever feel like you are constantly hungry? I always get hungry this time of night because I'm on night shift and I just want to eat everything. Talk me down people!

Quick -- eat an apple! I remember reading once that you burn more calories eating an apple than the amount of calories in the apple.

Quick -- eat an apple! I remember reading once that you burn more calories eating an apple than the amount of calories in the apple.

I heard that about celery, but not apples....too bad...apples taste better....

Great tip! I'm going to have to put my own portions in baggies because I'm also trying to keep my food budget under $90/wk for my family of 5. I am not going to be able to buy a lot of diet things, but I think that's for the best in the end because that's what I'll have to work with after the weight is off anyway. I did find some Meijer brand lean cuisine knock-offs for $1.62 that are pretty good and I'm sticking with those for lunch. I have been watching calories and portions and counting out pretzels and stuff, but having them in baggies will help me not to say screw it and eat out of the bag. ;) Thanks for the great idea.

I use baggies too. I always have Rold Gold mini pretzels in them. 17 pretzels = 2 points. I also have pistachio nuts right now. If I don't measure and bag them as soon as I open the bag, I'm in big trouble. I tried it with M&Ms once but that didn't work very well. There's too much binge potential there. I haven't tried chips, as I'm afraid that wouldn't work either.

With ice cream I *have* to have individual servings. No will power, no portion control, no accountability. Skinny Cow, Healthy Choice, and Weight Watchers all make good, low point, treats.

Hang in there, everybody!

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter