The WOnDeRs - Welcome to the Club -W/C 7th April

Another thing, do you think it's worth me cranking out the ye olde (Playstation One) dance mat if I still have it?

Charlotte -- That's an excellent idea! Get that baby out and dance the pounds away. :dancer:
(Sorry...just had to use the creepy dancer guy! LOL)

In the break area are snacks like chips and candy bars. I also bake cookies (Otis Spunkmeyer!) each afternoon for a 2pm cookie break for the classes. That's the hardest time of day for me...it's not that I want the cookies, because truth be told, I'm sick to death of them (been doing this daily now for 6 1/2 years), but the aroma coupled with the fact that i'm getting drowsy...the cookies are screaming at me! And I always think to myself, just one...that will wake me up! AAAAAAAAAAAACK! I've tried bringing in other things for my 2pm snacking, but nothing else satisfies that craving. Maybe I need to go and get some of those 100 calorie packs of something...

OMG I could never resist that it must be so hard!!!!! Cookies and sweets are my downfall.

I am doing good. I have managed to get sugar out of my system I think. It is always the first hurdle. Went grocery shopping and I live in a place where you always bump into someone you know. I got chastized because my basket was too healthy!!
Added incentive was a trip to the dentist. My teeth feel so clean I am thinking before I eat.

Everyone is doing so good. Good Work :cheer2:

A member of my ww group gave us a recipe for a mock banana split for the summer months.

1/2 banana cut into slices
1 ww 2 point chocolate ice cream cup
2 tsp sugar free strawberry preserves
1 dollop of ff cool whip

Only 3 points and counts as a fruit. It tasted pretty good too!!!

I am gonna stock my house with good stuff today. Hopefully that will help.

I haven't yet braved the scale yet...it scares me! :scared1: Although, I do know about what I weigh and when I discovered what my recommended BMI was...:scared: I realized that my goal needs to be a little higher in order to reach a healthier weight! So my goal is now...65 pounds. It's not going to be easy, but I can do it! I want to be healthy when we go to China so that I can chase our daughter around without having to rest every few minutes! :)

Oh and our Sam's Club delivery just arrived. Since i'm the one who does all of the ordering, I was able to stop ordering Sun Chips (blech...won't eat them) and got a variety pack of Baked Lay's! Not super good for you either, but they're better than regular chips! That should help...

Oh and not only do I struggle at work, I struggle at home too. I'm a cake decorator too! I don't do it very often (yet), but there is almost always cake in our house! :headache:

A member of my ww group gave us a recipe for a mock banana split for the summer months.

1 dollop of ff cool whip

YUM! I'm a sucker for ice cream too...i'll have to try that out! :yay:

I wanted to say that everyone seems to be doing well.

Thank goodness I don't have that cookie baking job. I would weigh at least an extra 100 pounds over what I am now.

I did want to reccomend a book to everyone. "Eat this, Not That". If anyone hasn't seen this yet, it's not a diet book. It's a reference for making better decisions. It actually tells you that you can have hot fudge sundaes, because they are the better choice. I love it. I found it at Target.

So everyone keep it up. We can all do this together.

Well today was WI day for me. I am now at 180.6 so that means.....

I'm down 2.2!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Melissa

I am a emergency dispatcher for local fire departments. We need the internet for everything from accurate weather to on line phone listings. I can be DISsing when there isn't much going on. I work 2 days (10 hours), 2 nights (14 hours) every week with 4 days off in between.

I am glad I don't have the temptation is saw in that other post!!! I am limited to what I bring with me as once at work, we don't leave until we are done. Of course that means that I brought those cookies with me. :rolleyes1 BUT I still brought one home uneaten too!

Sometimes I have to choose a brief sugar high over weight issues if I am really tired but I have strengthened my will power by taking more of the fruit n gel and applesauce kind of snacks and I only keep a few sweets on hand in case I get really sleepy. Then I am afraid to dig in in case it is worse later on....My lunch bag has a separate snack section which is notorious with my co-workers. It is always stocked, usually snack bag or snack cup portions of things. And with Plastic spoons in case someone is on break & I can't get to the kitchen. I like my Fruit n gel & applesauce.

Ok I didn't get a work out in yet today but the day is not over. DD had to spend the night at Grandma's last night as DH was in Dallas. I want to go pick her up first (one hour one way!) I enjoy evening workouts so I am going to get in one round of Yoga Booty Ballet! (minus the yoga - it hurts my wrists!)

I appreciate hearing how everyone is doing. It helps to know I am not alone!
:grouphug:

i think i deserve extra credit tonight..

we had a really yummy looking chocolate cake tonight for DS's birthday and i didn't have any at all..
even after everyone said how very delicious it is..
i still didn't have any...

so don't i deserve extra credit?.....maybe a gold star?

21P0702.jpg

Well done Beth​

1 dollop of ff cool whip

That sounds so good. I am going to do this as a reward when I go to the gym. Thanks for posting that.

Becky

So, what is everyone's plan for being healthier? About five years ago I lost 40 pounds. It required me to give up a lot of my favorite foods. And, I really like those favorite foods. That's why they fit in my favorites category. So, I've decided that I just need to eat healthier. When I want a snack, I'll eat cheese, yogurt, fiber one bars, etc. And, I need to drink more water and less pop. And, I need to work out. So, far they're going great. But, next week our soccer team is eating at Pizza Ranch. If I sit there and eat salad, I'll not be happy. I'll just eat less. I've got to make changes that I can live with.

Wow.. sounds like everyone is doing a GREAT job:banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :grouphug: I've done "ok" this week... ran (read run 3 mins walk 2 mins:rotfl: ) 3 miles 3 days this week in the morning (this morning i got up at 4am to go running :scared1: ) haven't eaten the best I should... but I'm trying to do better (darn Taco Bell and that cheesy beefy melt) It was harder this week being out of town for work every day... but there's always next week. I want to see 160 by May.. sick of seeing 164 on the scale since Feb... the funny thing: when I DON'T work out the #'s start dropping, when I start working out again they go right back up:rolleyes1 Oh well... tonight will be a challenge again as we are going out to eat dinner... we've GOTTA get to the grocery store... of course, i'm getting ready to run there, but just for ingrediants to make cookies:scared1: for my family (I WILL NOT have any!!) Keeping my fingers crossed they take all the cookies back home with them tomorrow:rotfl:

I wanted to say that everyone seems to be doing well.

Thank goodness I don't have that cookie baking job. I would weigh at least an extra 100 pounds over what I am now.

I did want to reccomend a book to everyone. "Eat this, Not That". If anyone hasn't seen this yet, it's not a diet book. It's a reference for making better decisions. It actually tells you that you can have hot fudge sundaes, because they are the better choice. I love it. I found it at Target.

So everyone keep it up. We can all do this together.

I have been wanting to get that book. I will have to make a trip to Target.

Well, I don't know how I did with the eating this week, but I did go to th gym 3 times. Today I did a class called Power Sculpt. I am hoping the pain will make me think twice about eating lots of cookies this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter