Theme Park hours in January

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi All

Well Finally it is under 90 days and I am planning our trip at WDW and I can't wait.

Here is the question, What are the park hours like in January and how late does the MK have to close so they still have Spectro Magic and Wishes. I want to make sure I see those.

Also Is Fantasmic everynight? or only nights that the Studio stays open late.

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave
We go every January and love it at that time of year! Park hours are rather short, but we like it like that. Magic Kingdom's hours vary. On days they show Spectromagic ( which was Saturdays and Tuesdays this past January) the park is open a bit later. This past January Wishes was at 7 everynight. When they showed Spectro, it was at 6:30 with Wishes at 7:30. The afternoon parade is at 3 everyday.

Epcot is always open 9-9 with Illuminations every night at 9.

They do show fantasmic everynight as well. Mgm closes at 7 with Fantasmic at 7. They also show the afternoon parade at 3:30 everyday.

Animal Kingdom usually closes at 5 in January. The afternoon parade there is at 4

We lilke January hours! We stay at the parks all day, and still have time on most nights to let the kids jump in the pool while we relax with drinks from the pool bar!! A lot of nights we just get a late dinner in the food courts. Its nice to get the kids in bed earlier so we can start by 9 the next day!

AimeeM

When do you go in Jan? We will be there from 20th - 29th. What are the crowds like? I am excited about going the off time of year the past 2 trips were Kids school vaca in Feb (crowded) and Thanksgiving(Never again)

Thanks Dave

My birthday is in January and we've been there a few times at that time of the year. The park hours are shorter, but if I remember correctly, there are longer hours around the Martin Luther King holiday (which falls on 1/17 this year). I know it became much more crowded as that weekend approached....it is a three-day holiday for so many folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter