There's Always Too Much Sauce - A July 2022 TR *Updated 3/23

April 19th:

The dreaded departure day. :sad1:

We all know it has to happen.

We all hate it when it arrives.

But man oh man if the WL didn’t put on a show for me that morning:

0233.JPG

Can’t more days begin with a sunrise over the FL treetops?

If only...

Fortunately for me, I was flying back to England, which meant I didn’t have to be at the airport until 4 p.m.!

Unfortunately for my mom, she was driving and needed to head out as soon as the sun rose.

While my mom and I packed our belongings, I had a breakfast of champions:

0232.JPG

The last of my Gideon’s cake.:rotfl:

I saved the peanut butter cup for last. I needed some extra sugar on this somber morning.

At seven o’clock, my mom wanted to get on the road. So we had to say our goodbyes and try not to be too sad at parting once more. The two of us were grateful for the time together. It felt like the hours flew by. Whether we were riding on the wildest ride in the wilderness or picking at a salad at the Wilderness Lodge, my mom and I made every minute a good time.

There are a few people in life you can be around all the time and never get irritated by them.

I’ve got about three.:rotfl2:

And my mom is one of them.

I think the only thing that kept us from being too sad was the fact that we knew we were going to be seeing each other again in three months. That was no time at all in comparison to some of our other separations!

After my mom departed, I was left with 8 hours to myself.

At Walt Disney World.

This was going to be fun!

I could do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

As it turned out, the problem wasn’t being on my own, it was trying to narrow down what I wanted to do!

For awhile I thought I’d head back to DHS for some more thrill riding. But then I wanted to go back to DAK. I’d have the opportunity to visit my favorite park without worrying about taking too long for other people.

It sounded amazing.

I had my park pass reserved for Animal Kingdom and was ready to end my trip on a high note.

But…

I kept thinking about a joke Alex made a few days prior. After I had gotten my Gideon’s order, he had made a crack about getting some cookies to bring back home. I know he was not serious, but the idea lodged itself in my brain and wouldn’t shake.

Alex had done a lot to make sure I could go to WDW for a week. The kids were being very flexible. Heck, my friends were helping by watching the kids for me a few times. People had come together in order for me to make these lasting memories, and while yes, that’s what communities and families do, I still wanted to thank them in some way.

Gideon’s though.

That’s a feat!

I knew if I didn’t want to get caught in another long virtual queue, I needed to arrive at the bakehouse shortly before opening.

10 o’clock.

Well, if I went to DAK that plan would go out the window. I’d get lost on a trail or entranced by the Tree of Life animal carvings and lose my cookie window.

I needed to go somewhere I could knock out several things in a short amount of time.

I see you, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with your early entry hours beginning at 8:30.

Seemed to be the most fitting destination.

I gathered my belongings and went down to the lobby to drop my bags with Bell Services. This was the first time I’ve ever used them, and I was impressed with how quick and efficient the process was.

Aside from me periodically digging around my bag for my ticket, going, “I HAVE IT STILL, RIGHT?!?!” it was a smooth system.:rolleyes::laughing:

I caught the first bus of the day to DHS and made it right around 8 a.m.

And where did I head to first?

0235.JPG

I love TSMM, and I wanted to see how I’d do solo.

Pretty well, apparently.

One of my higher scores and a decent accuracy.

I should go to Disney solo more often.:rotfl:

SDD was sitting at a 60 minute wait, and while I adore the coaster, I decided there was somewhere cooler I wanted to spend my time.

And it seemed not many others shared my sentiment.

I was looking at this sight within 30 minutes:

0236.JPG

Getting another go on Rise of the Resistance was a fantastic way to end my time in the parks. It felt larger than life, the stakes on that attraction are so high, and the energy is top notch the entire time. It’s Disney running on all cylnders, getting everything right.

Just like my trip. Everything turned out exactly as I hoped it would. Like a jigsaw without any missing pieces, April was peak Disney touring skills.

I took my time strolling back towards the front of the park after I finished with Rise. I was hoping Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway would have a short wait. It was my last ride the summer prior, with Alex, and I feel like it’s the best way to end a trip.

Saying goodbye to Mickey and Minnie. Kind of like giving them a farewell salute, thanking them for another magical trip.

When I got to the entrance, the wait was posted at 45 minutes. It didn’t look that long, but I didn’t want to take any chances.

Better to bid adieu to the parks and scurry over to Disney Springs.

I walked over to the bus stops and realized Disney transportation doesn’t run buses to DS from the parks.

Wha-?!

Why not?

Has this changed?
I sincerely hope so.

A bus for the WL and Contemporary showed up, and I hopped on board.

Surprise, surprise, I was the only person heading back to a resort.:laughing:

I decided to get off at the Contemporary and ended up hanging out at the bus stop until the first bus of the day for DS showed up.

Defintiely missed having my own car on this day.

I was dropped off around 9:40 and made it to Gideon’s without the line being too outrageous yet.

Soon, I procured my gifts.

And coffee, of course.

I mean, I was there...

Might as well get a little midmorning pick me up, right?

Walking over to Sprinkles, marveling at the absolute magnificent weather, I sat down in their outdoor area and pulled out my ereader.

Time to sip some coffee and relax with a book:

0238.JPG

I stayed there for almost an hour, reading and listening to the activity surrounding me.

Poor Alex.

He’s always trying to get me to spend more time at Epcot and Disney Springs. And here I was, rounding out a trip where I spent the most time at those two locations.:rotfl2:

Pretty sure he hasn’t stopped rolling his eyes over this.

Perhaps that’s why he agreed to do the challenge with me this year.

On the hope and prayer he’d get more time in these places.

We’ll see, honey.

We’ll see.

Eventually, I packed up and headed back to the bus stop:

0240.JPG

And made it back to the Wilderness Lodge.

I wasn’t very hungry, but I new I needed a little something in my stomach before my long flight.

It seemed like as good a time as any to try Geyser Point.

There wasn’t any table seating available, but lucky for me, I was solo!

A seat at the end of the bar was good enough for me.

I ordered a beer and the brisket appetizer, which is no longer on the menu:

0241.JPG

This is a travesty, if you ask me.

It was so, so good!

I worked at a barbecue restaurant in high school, and the sauce in the dip is the closest I’ve ever come to tasting a similar flavor. It actually made me choke up a little bit, bringing back the memories of a time long past. Funny how foods can do that to you.

It’s why I can never eat French Onion Soup without bawling like a baby, because my late father in-law used to make it special for me every time I visited.

Or why my mom and I always go to Via Napoli when we’re together at WDW.

I’m sure you all can relate. What’s the dish that instantly transports you somewhere else?

Share your Ratataouille Anton Ego moment!

It was while I was snacking on my food that I checked my airline app and noticed Virgin had moved my seat.

No! I liked where I selected. I had used miles to give myself extra legroom. Why mess with my plans?

I clicked the seat map.

19K.

Where was that?

Oh.

Okay.
::yes::

Remember when I said I had the best luck flying solo?

The trend continued.

I had been upgraded to premium!

I had never flown in that category before.

What a perfect ending to an unbelievable trip.

Finishing my meal, I went back to Bell Services and retrieved my bags, then sat and waited for my Mears ride.

0242.JPG

The DVC CM working came over, and we had a lovely chat. He talked about how he used to live in Japan and that Tokyo Disney is his favorite park, hands down. We talked about Disney Loungefly bags, and he shared that the bags are his “traditional” gift to his wife every birthday.

It was the nicest conversation, and reaffirmed that Disney fans are some of the best humans around.

I mean, it’s why we’re all here, right? Because we all love the parks and we’re all awesome.

The journey to airport and the flight home was uneventful. Sitting in premium felt very luxurious, and it was an experience I won’t soon forget.

Near the end of flight breakfast was served, and when the attendant got to me, they were out of one of the options. So rather than make me eat the other selection, the attendant went and got the first class breakfast for me!

0244.JPG

Nuts!

I wanted to pinch myself. What a way to round out the trip.

Alex picked me up from the airport, and when we got home I surprised everyone with the cookies. They traveled well, and it was a great snack to enjoy for the few days following my return.

Overall, the Springtime Surprise Race Weekend trip was better than I could have dreamed. So many aspects of it were unique and special. Participating in the races, getting a week at Disney with my mom, staying at the Wilderness Lodge, it all came together to be this positive experience.

I’m not going to lie, the luster of Disney had begun to fade for me. I still enjoyed the parks, and I liked watching the kids have fun on the rides and watching the shows, but I wasn’t reaching the level of joy and happiness I used to.

I was ready to take a break and move on from Disney.

But this trip reminded me why I fell in love with Walt Disney World. The Cast Members were kind and friendly, the races brought fans from all over together, the walks around the resort grounds showcased the intricate details and imagineering that give the property the Disney touch.

This trip was the reason why I return to Disney over and over again.

The memories and occasions my mom and I created are the reason people roll their eyes and say to me,
“You’re going to Disney again? Why?”

Hearing my mom forget my age by 6 years and me yell at her, “How dare you?!” and everyone around us start laughing so hard a group of six strangers began crying, is the reason I endure, “You know there are other places to vacation than Disney” from family members.

Getting into a deep analysis with friends I’ve made over Disney at a bar over the best month to visit WDW is the reason Alex listens to, “Isn’t Disney a kid place?” from coworkers.

The hassle is worth it. It’s worth seeing my mom tell a Cast Member, “I’m at Disney with my daughter, of course I’m having a good day.”

It’s worth it to interact with a legacy Cast Member working at Roaring Forks who retrieved decaf coffee for me and said, “No need to thank me, I love my job.”

It’s worth it to pass a couple running the 10-Miler and hear one say to another, “I’m doing this to be healthy, right? We want to have a long time together.”

We all have the people in our lives who look at us like we’re crazy for being Disney fans. They
JUST. DON’T. GET. IT.

And that’s all right.

Because us DISers do.

We see the worth.

We understand the value.

And we’ll keep taking as many trips as we can.

Because we never know what is coming for us in the future.

You could be like me and go to Disney with your mom and have an amazing time, and then five months later learn she’s sick.

One afternoon when I was sitting with my mom after her surgery, we were talking about our morning in Galaxy’s Edge, laughing at something mundane that occurred.

A completely crappy time, and we used Disney to relieve the stress.

The Disney trips are worth it.

You can’t change my mind.

And with that, thank you again, DIS friends, for reading and following along. It’s been so much fun reliving this trip. I hope I’ll see you over on my next report, where I recount the madness of a spontaneous summer trip with the kids and Alex.

I can assure you, there’s no relaxing when you take a 10 and 7 year old to Walt Disney World!:rotfl2:

Between your goodbye with your mom and your lovely words about why we all love Disney so much, you had me sniffling a bit during this update!! So nice you had some fun upgrades to end your trip. Thanks for sharing - always enjoy your TRs and so excited to hear about your next adults only trip!

Pretty well, apparently.

That’s a great solo score! Way to go!

Has this changed?
I sincerely hope so.

I don’t believe they’ve ever run busses between Disney Springs and the theme parks. Disney is onto the people that park for free at DS and then get their way to a theme park using Disney transportation - they don’t want to make it any easier to negate the parking fee.

And coffee, of course.

I mean, I was there...

Might as well get a little midmorning pick me up, right?

Absolutely! I would’ve been disappointed in you if you’d skipped it. ;)

Perhaps that’s why he agreed to do the challenge with me this year.

On the hope and prayer he’d get more time in these places.

We’ll see, honey.

We’ll see.

:rotfl:

It isn’t?! What a shame! I always thought that appetizer sounded so tasty (and it seemed pretty popular, too).

I’m sure you all can relate. What’s the dish that instantly transports you somewhere else?

Share your Ratataouille Anton Ego moment!

What a great question! Hmmm…

Honestly, two things come to mind. The first is any time I eat a peanut butter and margarine sandwich I think of my grandma - she used to make those and cut them into fun shapes with a cookie cutter.

The second is are a two dishes from a childhood restaurant. Before my sister was born my parents and I went out for dinner there every Friday night. My favorite things from that menu were breadsticks with whipped honey butter (I’ve never found another breadstick like them!) and my favorite dessert there, a chocolate caramel poke cake. I always think of that restaurant whenever I have a bread basket with whipped honey butter or that cake!

I wanted to pinch myself. What a way to round out the trip.

Wow, what great luck! I’m glad you had a wonderful trip home - that relieves some of the sting of leaving in the first place.

Yes, 100%. I’m so glad you enjoyed such a wonderful trip with your mom filled with magical Disney moments. Thank you for sharing your trip with us! :goodvibes

What a wonderful wrap up of your trip and your thoughts about Disney!
Disney is so special to me with all the mother and daughter memories and moments we have captured along the way! ❤️🥰
I’m so glad you had this special trip with your mom and made lasting memories and score on the premium seat on your flight back home! Pixie dusted even outside of Disney!

I think you’ve done a wonderful job of summing up exactly why we all love WDW so much and why we all endure the “you’re going again” comments.
What an amazing sunrise to start your last day. Absolutely stunning!
We got caught out by the bus situation to DS so caught one to SSR and just walked from there. It worked out well.
I’m glad you were able to bring a few cookies home to surprise everyone. Great that you got upgraded on your flight home too. Premium economy is lovely. So good to get spoiled on the journey home. VA crew are the best!
Hope your mum continues to get stronger every day. Glad that happy Disney memories were able to lighten the load a little ❤️

I can still remember the first time I ever ate at a proper restaurant and exactly what I had. It was to celebrate my parent’s wedding anniversary and I was almost 12. I had Chicken Maryland for my main and fresh fruit pavlova for dessert and I was in food heaven. This was no small thing for a girl who thought it was a waste of time eating dinner when you could be playing with friends 😂
I loved it so much that a couple of weeks later for my 12th birthday I asked my mum if I could have money to go to a small local place called the Cosy Grill with my best friend Anne-Marie for tea. I knew they did the same dishes because I’d looked at the menu pasted to the front door when I’d called to Anne-Marie’s new house which was just across the street. Mum said yes and two wee girls got to feel like grown ups having the best time eating out all in their own. Happy memories of both those days 🥰

I just popped into this last page out of curiosity, thinking that a trip report with 37 pages must be a fun read! Well, now I'm in tears after reading your heartfelt sentiments about Disney magic as you describe exactly how I feel. So many don't get it, but it's an extraordinary feeling for those who do. My DD9 and I are headed to WDW today to make more magical memories, just like my mom and I did (and still do!). It's worth it! Thank you for sharing, and I love that your last day was fantastic!
I look forward to reading the rest of your trip report at the airport later today and in the future the next one where you post about going back with the family. A totally different touring style, LOL!

0233.JPG

Beautiful!

While my mom and I packed our belongings, I had a breakfast of champions:

Looks like a great Disney Breakfast to me.

There are a few people in life you can be around all the time and never get irritated by them.

I’ve got about three.:rotfl2:

And my mom is one of them.

That's a huge compliment!

I think the only thing that kept us from being too sad was the fact that we knew we were going to be seeing each other again in three months. That was no time at all in comparison to some of our other separations!

It really does help a lot when you know when you'll see a loved one that lives far away again.

As it turned out, the problem wasn’t being on my own, it was trying to narrow down what I wanted to do!

That's a great problem to have.

Pretty well, apparently.

Excellent!

Getting another go on Rise of the Resistance was a fantastic way to end my time in the parks. It felt larger than life, the stakes on that attraction are so high, and the energy is top notch the entire time. It’s Disney running on all cylnders, getting everything right.

ROTR is a fabulous adventure when everything is working on point.

Time to sip some coffee and relax with a book:

This is Heaven.

I'm still salty I never got to try this.

Remember when I said I had the best luck flying solo?

The trend continued.

I had been upgraded to premium!

:cheer2: Wow your travel luck really is the best.

It was the nicest conversation, and reaffirmed that Disney fans are some of the best humans around.

Absolutely!

But this trip reminded me why I fell in love with Walt Disney World. The Cast Members were kind and friendly, the races brought fans from all over together, the walks around the resort grounds showcased the intricate details and imagineering that give the property the Disney touch.

You really have a way with words!

One afternoon when I was sitting with my mom after her surgery, we were talking about our morning in Galaxy’s Edge, laughing at something mundane that occurred.

Reliving Disney Memories is the best way to pass a difficult time.

I'm so glad you had such a great visit with your mom and made those memories. And everything you said about Disney applies to so many of us (although minus the kids for me.) I'm sitting here right now with the final countdown to my trip for my friend's wedding and my birthday. And I'm hearing from many coworkers - Why are you so excited? Don't you go there a lot? Isn't if for kids? NO. NO it's not. And I'm giddy and packing in my head and ready to go. So, hang on to that love, hang on to those memories, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your summer trip!

That's good to hear. I think we'll probably be trying to visit Baseline around that same timeframe. I just hope it won't be too bad since it'll be a weekend.
We were there on Good Friday last year. The park was still pretty busy so you might still be ok.
“You know there are other places to vacation than Disney” from family members.
My mom tells me this all the time. Funny part is we went to Myrtle Beach for all of our vacations but 1 when we went to Niagara Falls. I tell her that she needs to come with us to Disney one time and I will change her mind on it. We had that trip planned and I was so excited for it and covid killed that trip. We will have to get one put together again. I will change her mind. She even rolled her eyes at me when I said we were taking a Disney Cruise. I had to remind her that I was taking the kids to other countries on that vacation so I was doing what she wanted but just with Disney.

I am only two updates in here and everything is terrible and chaotic...I love it. I can't wait to read more.

I mean terrible in a good way...if that makes sense.

But man oh man if the WL didn’t put on a show for me that morning:
Stunning!
We all have the people in our lives who look at us like we’re crazy for being Disney fans. They JUST. DON’T. GET. IT.

And that’s all right.

Because us DISers do.

We see the worth.

We understand the value.

And we’ll keep taking as many trips as we can.

Because we never know what is coming for us in the future.
I read this and started crying.....it's exactly how I feel. I think about all the things I carry in my mind, the worries that are a constant. Then I think about how I feel in the bubble; free from stress, immersed in the magic and my happiest self.
You could be like me and go to Disney with your mom and have an amazing time, and then five months later learn she’s sick.

So worth it!! Those trips are the thing that keeps me going through some tough times.

I loved your report so much over all these months. Exactly six months ago, my hubby and i were leaving on the auto train in a week to go down to celebrate my 65th bday. I met him the day after my 22nd birthday, and he turned 34 a few days later. The 12 years seemed exotic and not a big deal. But now, my 65th meant his 77th. I had gone out to the Sketchers outlet to look for black shoes for our MNSSHP night , and suddenly my phone started ringing and ringing. Kent was in an ambulance, having gotten tangled in the bedspread. Major hip break. No trip. And big blood pressure issues and some cognitive decline I hope is temporary.

We leave again a week for. Tomorrow on the autotrain. 3 nights at the hard rock, 2 nights at AKL, and 2 weeks at the Vistana. Our first trip without kids, although I will sorely miss my 28 year old daughter, whom I have hauled on every Disney trip, including when I was pregnant, and sick enough to spend most of my time in the baby care center lying on the lovely bed innthe darkened room. But it will be such a different trip. Kent still can’t walk more than a mile, but is adamant he won’t use a wheelchair. We just got the handicap tag renewed. Had to up the BP meds this week. And I really need some coasters in my life. Your report has been a solace in very hard times. Thank you.

Between your goodbye with your mom and your lovely words about why we all love Disney so much, you had me sniffling a bit during this update!! So nice you had some fun upgrades to end your trip. Thanks for sharing - always enjoy your TRs and so excited to hear about your next adults only trip!

Thank you for reading! It was so much fun reliving the race weekend and the time with my mom. It's made me so excited for this year's Springtime Surprise weekend.

I don’t believe they’ve ever run busses between Disney Springs and the theme parks. Disney is onto the people that park for free at DS and then get their way to a theme park using Disney transportation - they don’t want to make it any easier to negate the parking fee.

That's a good point. Too many people would be doing that if it were an option.

I always thought that appetizer sounded so tasty (and it seemed pretty popular, too).

I don't understand why it was taken off the menu, either. I guess they weren't making enough profit off it. :confused3

The first is any time I eat a peanut butter and margarine sandwich I think of my grandma - she used to make those and cut them into fun shapes with a cookie cutter.

The second is are a two dishes from a childhood restaurant. Before my sister was born my parents and I went out for dinner there every Friday night. My favorite things from that menu were breadsticks with whipped honey butter (I’ve never found another breadstick like them!) and my favorite dessert there, a chocolate caramel poke cake. I always think of that restaurant whenever I have a bread basket with whipped honey butter or that cake!

Love the stories! I've never heard of a peanut butter and margarine sandwich before. I could see how it would be delightful to a kid, though! :laughing:

Whipped honey butter sounds delicious. It's great that you have those memories from the time before your sister came along. As the middle sibling, I can tell my older brother has fond memories of the time when he was an only child. :rotfl:

Disney is so special to me with all the mother and daughter memories and moments we have captured along the way!

It's so fun having all these memories of visiting the parks with my mom. And reading your reports with Andi definitely solidifies that this is something I want to do with Evie as she grows up.

We got caught out by the bus situation to DS so caught one to SSR and just walked from there.

That would have been a good solution. Especially in nicer weather.

VA crew are the best!

I miss flying VA. The domestic airlines here are NOT the same. :rotfl:

a couple of weeks later for my 12th birthday I asked my mum if I could have money to go to a small local place called the Cosy Grill with my best friend Anne-Marie for tea. I knew they did the same dishes because I’d looked at the menu pasted to the front door when I’d called to Anne-Marie’s new house which was just across the street. Mum said yes and two wee girls got to feel like grown ups having the best time eating out all in their own.

Oh goodness, how special you must have felt! At that age, you just want to break away from feeling like a kid, and what better way to do that than going out for a nice meal with your friend. :goodvibes And a pavlolva is delicious.

I just popped into this last page out of curiosity, thinking that a trip report with 37 pages must be a fun read! Well, now I'm in tears after reading your heartfelt sentiments about Disney magic as you describe exactly how I feel. So many don't get it, but it's an extraordinary feeling for those who do.

Thank you for reading! I knew my fellow DIS friends would understand the feeling of justification we feel at the end of a trip. Who cares if we have to catch grief about it back home? So long as we continue to feel happy and immersed in the magic, that's all that matters.

My DD9 and I are headed to WDW today

I hope you had/are having a wonderful trip!

It really does help a lot when you know when you'll see a loved one that lives far away again.

I'm sure you like knowing when you'll see Danielle again when you go to Orlando or she goes home to you.

Wow your travel luck really is the best.

I'm sure since we'll have the kids when we travel to DL in July, all kinds of madness will break loose. :rotfl2:

I'm sitting here right now with the final countdown to my trip for my friend's wedding and my birthday. And I'm hearing from many coworkers - Why are you so excited? Don't you go there a lot? Isn't if for kids? NO. NO it's not. And I'm giddy and packing in my head and ready to go. So, hang on to that love, hang on to those memories, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your summer trip!

Absolutely!
You can't let the non-Disney people bring you down.
As long as you're excited for your trip, that's all that matters. Speaking of, your trip is getting so close!

My mom tells me this all the time. Funny part is we went to Myrtle Beach for all of our vacations but 1 when we went to Niagara Falls. I tell her that she needs to come with us to Disney one time and I will change her mind on it. We had that trip planned and I was so excited for it and covid killed that trip. We will have to get one put together again. I will change her mind. She even rolled her eyes at me when I said we were taking a Disney Cruise. I had to remind her that I was taking the kids to other countries on that vacation so I was doing what she wanted but just with Disney.

Precisely. I think people just hear "Disney" associate it with kids and don't stop to think that a lot of people go to a "summer destination" without the same kind of judgement. Alex's side of the family is bad about that.
When is your cruise? What itinerary? That's so exciting! I am waiting until the kids are teens to go on a DCL, because I think it's a vacation that allows them to have a lot of independence but still gives occasional time with them.

I am only two updates in here and everything is terrible and chaotic...I love it. I can't wait to read more.

Thanks for reading! I try to be honest and show that traveling, especially with kids, can be a whirlwind. While obviously it's fun and worth it, it's not without its hitches!

I read this and started crying.....it's exactly how I feel. I think about all the things I carry in my mind, the worries that are a constant. Then I think about how I feel in the bubble; free from stress, immersed in the magic and my happiest self.

Absolutely. :goodvibes For as much as the world seems to realize how much stress everyone is facing now, you would think more people would be more kind to those of us who crave vacation time. I mean, who doesn't yearn for those few days when you feel well and truly relaxed and happy?

Major hip break. No trip. And big blood pressure issues and some cognitive decline I hope is temporary.

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I've heard hip breaks are a tough road to recover from.
I can't even imagine the whirlwind of emotions you went through at the time. From complete excitement over an upcoming trip, to worry, to trying to figure out this new normal. It's been a hard six months for you, and I hope you're doing well. :hug:

3 nights at the hard rock, 2 nights at AKL, and 2 weeks at the Vistana.

Those are beautiful resorts. Just the thing you need! I mean, waking up to giraffes out of your window doesn't make up for the trip you missed, but it sure does ease the blow.

including when I was pregnant, and sick enough to spend most of my time in the baby care center lying on the lovely bed innthe darkened room.

I feel like you have to start their love of Disney in utero. :rotfl:
Although, it's not the best of trips, like you said. (I went when I was 11 weeks pregnant with my oldest and was, like you, so sick one night. And then at 26 weeks with my second and felt like I was running a marathon, making it down Main St.)

We just got the handicap tag renewed. Had to up the BP meds this week. And I really need some coasters in my life. Your report has been a solace in very hard times. Thank you.

I am sure this will be a different type of trip than you're used to. There will definitely be some trial and error on what you'll do, but hopefully you'll be able to find a new way to enjoy the happiness. I'll keep my fingers crossed you can ride some coasters, and that the time in Orlando is the distraction you need from some past stressful months. :goodvibes

Absolutely loved this TR! Happy for you and your Mom that you could take this trip before her health issue came around. We never know what tomorrow will bring so it's important to make those memories when we can. You perfectly summed up why Disney is a place to do that. Thank you for sharing!

When is your cruise? What itinerary? That's so exciting! I am waiting until the kids are teens to go on a DCL, because I think it's a vacation that allows them to have a lot of independence but still gives occasional time with them.
We went in 2018. The kids were 10 (only a few weeks before she turned 11) and 12.It was a great time. Kids loved being in Edge. They gave Elizabeth a pass to go to Edge. She was allowed to go to both (I can't remember what the kids one is called). Kids one was a little too babyish for her. There were phones that are in the state room that we used. They are kind of like a cordless phone. The kids had one and we would take one. We let them have their free time and they would just need to call and let us know when they left and then we would meet them to eat and stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter