"There's the Cashmere Cat" - A Very Sparkly Dec. 2021 TR! *NEW 4/23

Ha! That is so sweet! Again, CONGRATS!!!

Thank you!! :)

Jungle Cruise probably has the worst que in MK in my opinion. Blek. It moves slow and it so tight. I didn't like it before COVID.

I think it had just been a while since we had waited stand-by for it, so I had forgotten how bad it is!

I adore the photos from Space Mountain -- ugh you look so happy!!!

Sounds like an amazing day so far, you got a lot done considering what the crowds looked like during your trip!

Aww you're too sweet!! We really did get to do a lot, all things considered!

Hey, just tuning into your trip report. Can't wait to read all about your amazing trip! Congrats on the proposal. ::MickeyMo

Welcome and thank you so much! :)

What a fun day - one you'll always remember!

Yes, for sure!!

Day 1, Part 3
Tuesday December 14, 2021 - MK

After our pictures outside Haunted Mansion, we decided to head back toward the Hub in the hopes that the photographers on Main Street would have shorter lines than they did this morning, which they did!

Then, we crossed through the castle back to Fantasyland to go see Mickey’s Philharmagic, taking a couple more pictures along the way.

This has always been one of mine and my mom’s favorites, but we were so glad it had gotten some TLC recently. The quality was SO much better, and the new Coco scene was fantastic!!

After Philharmagic, we made a quick bathroom stop, and I took a moment to facetime two of my best friends to share my news. :D From there, we headed back to Under the Sea!

At this point, Wesley’s parents were getting hungry and decided to head to Cosmic Ray’s. The rest of us decided to go try to ride Space again, but when we got back there, the line had gotten a lot longer, and we decided not to wait. We placed a mobile order at Casey’s, and when we saw people already staking out spots in the Hub for the fireworks, we decided to do the same. We found a spot, and then Wesley and Dad went to pick up our food.

At some point while we were waiting, one of my friends who also happened to be in Disney this week called me as they were walking through the Hub, so she could find me and say hi! It was so fun to get to share my news with her in person!

Wesley’s parents finished eating and met back up with us, and then we all waited together for the fireworks, which started at 8. Now, I have to say, I was a little apprehensive about Disney Enchantment. I loved loved LOVED Happily Ever After in a big way, and I was pretty upset when I found out it was being replaced. Overall, I still think I liked HEa better, BUT, I had a much more emotional reaction to Disney Enchantment than I expected. The music is absolutely beautiful, and I actually told my mom that I felt like they had taken how I have always felt about Disney and managed to put it into a song. I ended up really enjoying the show!!

Once the fireworks were over, the park was closed, and we tried to make our way out of the park. This was one of the few moments where I really felt just how crowded it was.

It took us forever to get out of the park and down to the ferry launch—it was really kind of a nightmare. Then, when we got out to the parking lot, we got a little turned around but finally were getting in the car at about 9:45pm. We made our way back to the resort, and Mom and Dad came back with us to hang out for a little bit. Then they went back to their hotel, and we all took showers and got ready for bed. I think it was right around midnight when I finally crashed!

What a day - I'm sure it was very emotional. Nice you could share it with family and friends. We saw Mickey's Philharmagic last week. I agree - it was much improved and we loved the Coco scene. Nice addition! We didn't get to see the fireworks but definitely will next trip. It's nice to read a positive review.

This has always been one of mine and my mom’s favorites, but we were so glad it had gotten some TLC recently. The quality was SO much better, and the new Coco scene was fantastic!!

This is the ONE thing I regret not doing last week!!! I wanted to see the updated Philharmagic so bad-- I hear it's so good!!

Now, I have to say, I was a little apprehensive about Disney Enchantment. I loved loved LOVED Happily Ever After in a big way, and I was pretty upset when I found out it was being replaced. Overall, I still think I liked HEa better, BUT, I had a much more emotional reaction to Disney Enchantment than I expected.

MTE! Enchantment was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I wasn't too sad to see Happily Ever After go because I was so attached to Wishes before HEA, but Enchantment ended up being almost as good as Wishes IMO.

Once the fireworks were over, the park was closed, and we tried to make our way out of the park. This was one of the few moments where I really felt just how crowded it was.

YES. The post-fireworks mass exodus has been bad lately and really one of the only moments where the crowds make me anxious.

I'm so glad you had such a great day!

Sounded like a whirwin of a day! Little did you know when you woke up how BIG it was going to be!

It really was! I was so excited to be back in my favorite place, and it ended up being more magical than I could have ever dreamed! :flower:

What a day - I'm sure it was very emotional. Nice you could share it with family and friends. We saw Mickey's Philharmagic last week. I agree - it was much improved and we loved the Coco scene. Nice addition! We didn't get to see the fireworks but definitely will next trip. It's nice to read a positive review.

Having both of our parents there was the BEST! Philharmagic definitely needed the refurb, and I was so glad to see Coco getting some love in the parks! I ended up really enjoying Enchantment, and I would definitely recommend trying to see it once on your next trip!

This is the ONE thing I regret not doing last week!!! I wanted to see the updated Philharmagic so bad-- I hear it's so good!!

It was fabulous! I was really impressed with how seamlessly they incorporated the Coco scene into the existing film!

MTE! Enchantment was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I wasn't too sad to see Happily Ever After go because I was so attached to Wishes before HEA, but Enchantment ended up being almost as good as Wishes IMO.

I felt the same! I was really attached to Wishes, and the HEA blew me out of the water. Enchantment wasn't quite up to that level for me, but definitely Wishes-level. I ended up loving HEA more every time I saw it, so I'll be interested to see if that happens with Enchantment, too.

YES. The post-fireworks mass exodus has been bad lately and really one of the only moments where the crowds make me anxious.

I'm so glad you had such a great day!

I felt the same way! Most of the time I didn't notice the crowds, other than some slightly elevated wait times, but that was brutal. And people using scooters and strollers as battering rams does not help! :sad2:

It really was the best day!!:lovestruc

Day 2
Wednesday December 15, 2021 - DHS

This morning I got up around 7:00am, giving me enough time to get ready and drink some coffee before we left the resort at right around 8:00. We were off to Hollywood Studios! Today, we remembered to actually write down which parking lot we were in (can you tell it had been a while since I had driven to a park? ;P), and, spoiler alert, we found the car MUCH more easily tonight haha. We made our way through bag check and then had to wait at the tapstiles since it was still pre-park opening and only resort guests were being let inside.

It was right around 9:00am when we got through the tapstiles, and we decided to head straight back to Toy Story Land and get in line for Slinky Dog. It was posted at 50 minutes, but neither Mom nor I thought it actually looked that long. Wesley’s parents decided not to ride, so the rest of us hopped in line with plans to meet back up with them at the ride entrance. We ended up only waiting about 30 minutes, which we were thrilled with for a standby wait.
Slinky was so much fun, as always! This was Wesley’s first time riding it, and he absolutely loved it!

We met back up with Wesley’s parents and decided to go ahead and wait for TSMM. The posted wait time was 65 minutes, and we probably waited about 45.

Wesley had been trash-talking the entire time in line, but then I beat him and even got best in car!

After TSMM, the boys decided they wanted to go try the line for Rise, and the girls decided to go find a snack instead. While the boys went off to Galaxy’s Edge, we made our way over to Woody’s Lunchbox.

Wesley sent me this pic when they got over to SWGE:

Mom and I shared an order of totchos and a holiday tart (which I forgot to take pictures of), and I also got a Grown Up Lemonade.

Wesley’s mom ended up getting a smoked turkey sandwich, which she said wasn’t too bad. The totchos definitely lived up to the hype in my opinion (and we’ve even made them at home since!) and the Grown-Up Lemonade was DIVINE and right up my alley! The flavor of the holiday tart was good, but it was definitely a little on the dry side, IMO.

After we finished eating, we decided to head over to One Man’s Dream, which is one of my favorites in DHS (but I apparently didn't take any pictures inside today).

We still hadn’t heard from the boys at this point, so we started wandering through some shops. I finally heard an update from Wesley that they thought they were close to getting on, so we decided to find a spot to wait for them. Of course, the sky decided to open up right at that moment, so we moved over to the covered area outside VotLM to wait it out.

Day 2, Part 2 - DHS
Wednesday December 15, 2021

We waited out the worst of the rain, which thankfully didn’t last very long, and about the time the rain let up, we finally heard from the boys that they had just gotten off RoR. We made our way back to SWGE to meet up with them. They all said they really enjoyed RoR, but they wouldn’t wait in that kind of line again for it! After being in line for so long, they were pretty hungry, so we headed back over to Woody’s Lunchbox, so the boys could get something to eat.

I was really bad about taking food notes/pictures this trip, so I have no idea what any of them got, but I do know that we managed to snag a table while we waited for them to order. :confused3

Once the boys were done eating, we considered getting in line for another round of TSMM, but the line had gotten pretty long, so we decided to head to the 3:30 Frozen Sing Along instead.

The historians were hysterical, as always, and we all really enjoyed the show!

From there we decided to get in line for Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway. The wait was posted 80 minutes, but it had been like that pretty much all day, so we decided to bite the bullet and hope that it wasn’t actually that long. Thankfully, we only ended up waiting about 40 minutes, which we were pretty happy with! This was the first time any of us had ridden it, and we all thought it was super cute and a lot of fun!

After MMRR, we did head back to Toy Story Land for one more ride on TSMM. Wesley was thrilled when he beat me this time around!

I think it was at this point that Mom tried to stop at Joffreys for a spiked coffee, and we took some pictures while we waited for her.

Mom came back empty handed, though, and said that she had waited for a while and the line never moved, so she gave up.
We were getting kind of hungry at this point, so we went over the ABC Commissary to get something to eat. I got the buffalo chicken grilled cheese that was actually pretty yummy!

After we finished eating, we went over to Muppet Vision 3D (which really needs some TLC in my opinion!).
After the show, everything else had a pretty long wait, and we didn’t feel like we had enough time to wait for anything without potentially missing the nighttime shows that I really wanted to see. So, we decided to go ahead and find somewhere to be for the projection shows!
We took some pics on Hollywood Blvd. first – I really love how they came out!

We found a spot along one of the fences to wait. After finding our spots, Wesley and I went around the corner to get Mickey ice cream sandwiches and bring them back to our spots.
Disney Movie Magic started at 8:40 – I really loved this! I loved that they included movies like Bedknobs and Broomsticks that don’t always get a lot of love.

Wonderful World of Animation started at 9:00, and I absolutely LOVED it! It reminded me so much of Celebrate the Magic, and it was just fantastic! :lovestruc

We hung out where we were for a few minutes after the shows were over to try and let the crowds dissipate, and then we made our way out of the park. It was a little before 9:30 when we were in the car headed back to the resort, so not nearly as bad as the night before! Mom and Dad came back to the resort to hang out with us for a little bit since they were headed home tomorrow. It was around 10:40 or so when they headed back to their hotel, and we all started to get ready for bed.

Last edited:
Day 3 - Epcot
Thursday December 16, 2021

We had a little bit of a slower start this morning since we were headed to Epcot, which didn’t open until 11:00. It was around 8:30 or so when I got up and drank my coffee before getting ready for the day. We left the resort around 10:15 and drove over to TTC to park since we were going to be hopping from Epcot to MK later in the day. Then we took the monorail yellow over to Epcot!
1648838485175.jpeg
We got there just a few minutes after park opening, and we decided to go straight to Test Track. We waited probably about 45 minutes, which wasn’t too bad all things considered.
1648838501445.jpeg
Mine & Wesley’s car scored a 214 (which I think is the best I have ever done!), and Wesley’s parents got a 201.

1648838649330.png

From Test Track we walked over to the Land and got in line for Living with the Land. I love all the Christmas decorations inside the greenhouses!
1648838546396.jpeg
1648838554950.jpeg

1648838575188.jpeg
1648838587053.jpeg

After LwtL, Wesley’s parents wanted Sunshine Seasons for lunch, so we made our way over there. I got the Land Crusher, which was pretty good but kind of challenging to eat.
1648838604408.jpeg
After we ate, it was just after 2:00pm, and Wesley, his dad, and I went to get in line for Soarin. We waited about 45 minutes for it, as well, but Wesley and his dad had never done it, and I was determined to change that!

After Soarin, we headed over to Nemo, which was basically a walk-on. We decided to do Spaceship Earth next, and we stopped for some pictures on our way back to the front.
1648838680505.png

1648838696566.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter