THEY CANCELLED MY VIATOR TARGET CIRCLE TICKET PURCHASE AND MY DISNEY TICKET ARE GONE!!!!

NC State Tigger

'cause we all love State and I luv Tigger
I received an email that my transaction was cancelled and my tickets are no longer in my MDE.
I removed the names and reference numbers, but below is what the email said.

I used my credit card to make 2 purchases—
One with my code and another with DIL’s code. The 2nd transaction was questioned by Disney Visa as possible fraud, but I talked to them and authorized transaction. (Not sure if this triggered something and is why it was cancelled). I am so disappointed.
Hope the large numbers of transactions thru Target did not cause others to have their cancelled as well.

See email below—

Due to inconsistencies found regarding this booking, it has been cancelled and the funds refunded to the original payment method used.

This may take 3 to 5 working days, depending on your individual bank.

In some circumstances, you may see a pending charge on your payment account. This has been cancelled and will not result in the account being debited.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but this does mean that we have cancelled the transaction and the voucher for this tour is now null and void. The supplier has also been notified.

Kind regards,

Trust and Safety team

I received an email that my transaction was cancelled and my tickets are no longer in my MDE.
I removed the names and reference numbers, but below is what the email said.

I used my credit card to make 2 purchases—
One with my code and another with DIL’s code. The 2nd transaction was questioned by Disney Visa as possible fraud, but I talked to them and authorized transaction. (Not sure if this triggered something and is why it was cancelled). I am so disappointed.
Hope the large numbers of transactions thru Target did not cause others to have their cancelled as well.

See email below—

Due to inconsistencies found regarding this booking, it has been cancelled and the funds refunded to the original payment method used.

This may take 3 to 5 working days, depending on your individual bank.

In some circumstances, you may see a pending charge on your payment account. This has been cancelled and will not result in the account being debited.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but this does mean that we have cancelled the transaction and the voucher for this tour is now null and void. The supplier has also been notified.

Kind regards,

Trust and Safety team
ADDITION TO ABOVE—

My daughter-in-law got the same email and tickets she bought were cancelled as well.
Hope this was a result of the “suspected fraud” from credit card and only a problem for me.
Hate to think they would cancel all orders thru Target Circle.

This happened to me late last night/early this morning.
I made two transactions, both using Paypal with my credit card. I wonder if it is because I used two codes on one Tripadvisor account.
I already converted the tickets to annual passes and paid the difference. I have no idea what is going to happen with Disney now and if they end up canceling the annual passes and sending a refund on the gift card, I will be out of the luck with the savings

Called Tripadvisor and they said it was card related. I used American Express through Paypal and was never contacted by my card company

Disney still says the annual passes are on my account so I have no idea how long it would take for them to cancel the passes or what will happen. This sucks

I started this thread. I had 2 transactions cancelled and Disney tickets cancelled. They were separate transactions; one Tuesday night; one Wednesday night. Two codes but used the same credit card to pay.
No issue Tuesday night but Wednesday when entering payment info I got a message on screen saying it couldn’t be processed. Thought perhaps had entered numbers wrong so tried again. Another message that not processed.
Chase Disney Visa sent me a fraud alert text and I called them to ok the purchase. Thought everything was good till this morning when I got email advising BOTH had been cancelled and that I would get a refund.
I’m soooooo disappointed!!

I’m not sure but maybe with the ‘limit 1’ wording they might be catching anything that was more than one code used through a single related account, whether that be the same paypal account, credit card, or any other thing attached to more than one purchase.

I’ve done one transaction on DH’s account. Thinking about doing another on my own Circle account and will try using unique tripadvisor account and payment.

I've only made one purchase, and so far no cancellation... I'm sorry this happened!

Mine were cancelled. 2 transactions. One by me with my code, my Target Circle, and my credit card. The 2nd was my DILs code , Target Circle and MY credit card. So the card in some way was the issue. Chase insists they authorized both transactions. Not sure I’m up to worrying about it anymore. So disappointed. Probably just use UT.

Mine were cancelled. 2 transactions. One by me with my code, my Target Circle, and my credit card. The 2nd was my DILs code , Target Circle and MY credit card. So the card in some way was the issue. Chase insists they authorized both transactions. Not sure I’m up to worrying about it anymore. So disappointed. Probably just use UT.
Sorry. That stinks :(

If you’re buying WDW tickets boardwalk ticketing usually has better prices than UT, especially hoppers.

I gotta say, if Target is actually tracking and considering use of the same credit card as evidence one is trying to get two offers, I applaud this. Even better, I read that once the code is used on an account, it cannot be used again even if the transaction is cancelled. So anyone trying to game the system faces a penalty in which they ultimately get no discount at all.

Why can't people just be happy with the rules as-is? It's a nice unexpected discount even if you can only use it once.

Keep us posted on this situation.

The fine print only says once per code.

No household restrictions. No one per person warning etc.

Many people in the same family have multiple accounts & the fine print only said one use per account. some people can easily generate 2+ codes with multiple family members.

🤷‍♀️ my guess is the credit card company actually thought it was fraud on those select accounts.

I gotta say, if Target is actually tracking and considering use of the same credit card as evidence one is trying to get two offers, I applaud this. Even better, I read that once the code is used on an account, it cannot be used again even if the transaction is cancelled. So anyone trying to game the system faces a penalty in which they ultimately get no discount at all.

Why can't people just be happy with the rules as-is? It's a nice unexpected discount even if you can only use it once.
It isn't Target cancelling the order, it is Tripadvisor that did it and then emailed later saying the transactions were fine. I have an email saying I can call back and rebook both for the discounted price.

I have not. My annual passes are still listed on my account
I know we are not the only ones who got cancelled. Just wish I could feel good about rebooking. Credit from original refund just cleared on my credit card.

I know we are not the only ones who got cancelled. Just wish I could feel good about rebooking. Credit from original refund just cleared on my credit card.
I think you would be fine to rebook. Just make sure they give you the discount, worse that can happen is the same thing that already happened to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter