THEY CANCELLED MY VIATOR TARGET CIRCLE TICKET PURCHASE AND MY DISNEY TICKET ARE GONE!!!!

Glad to hear you now have tickets! I think the hardest parts are over. Once you put them in your MDE account they’ll be just like the ones directly from WDW. They’ll work the same way.
The original ones were in MDE and disappeared the night I received the email canceling the original transactions.

Did I you received the repurchased tickets?Everything good with them?
I received mine. Still a little anxious about all this. Will feel much better when we enter a park and I know they work! Previously, always purchased directly from Disney.
I received them, I haven't tried to link them yet because everyone who is going in January already has tickets because the annual passes are still linked.

I think the tickets are legit, you shouldn't have any issues with that.

The original ones were in MDE and disappeared the night I received the email canceling the original transactions.
I don't remember reading that happened to you. That is very interesting for my circumstance. I already had the tickets upgraded to annual passes before I got the cancelled emails. I am wondering if I will just get lucky or when I go to activate them I will be told they aren't valid at that point

Over a week later and my annual passes are still listed on the site and the gift card hasn't gotten a refund

Called today because they accidently gave us a Florida Resident annual pass when I upgraded and they can still see the passes so they haven't been cancelled on Disney's end at all. I don't want to get my hopes up but I think we might get very lucky

Called today because they accidently gave us a Florida Resident annual pass when I upgraded and they can still see the passes so they haven't been cancelled on Disney's end at all. I don't want to get my hopes up but I think we might get very lucky
Did you get a refund? I also see two tickets two tickets thay were cancelled and not charged to my cc. Tried to make park reservations and both are working so far

Did you get a refund? I also see two tickets two tickets thay were cancelled and not charged to my cc. Tried to make park reservations and both are working so far
I received a refund from Tripadvisor initially after I had already upgraded the tickets to annual passes (for our kids).
I used a gift card to pay the difference when upgrading and haven't received anything back on it. No email from Disney, no mention of anything when I was on the phone with them making sure everything looks okay with the passes. I don't want to flat out tell them what happened at this point just in case I get lucky.

I already rebought 7 day tickets I originally bought so I am safe if we get there and told the annual passes aren't good. And if for some reason we get lucky and they do work we will use those to renew the current ones we have for us

Wanted to report back—
After all the drama with purchase, cancellation and “repurchase”, I am pleased to report that the tickets purchased with Target Circle 20% off deal thru Tripadvisor
Worked just like any I’ve purchased directly from Disney.
After finally receiving voucher, we loaded tickets to MDE accounts for son and family.
Then I spent about a month worrying they would not work. But I am happy to report, they worked with no problem. We were at DisneyWorld all last week and saved $400+ using my Target Circle code and
daughter-in-law’s code.
Many thanks to original poster. I would never have thought to use the Target offer.
Additional thanks to all who responded to my questions and concerns.

arich35—Are your annual passes still good?

Wanted to report back—
After all the drama with purchase, cancellation and “repurchase”, I am pleased to report that the tickets purchased with Target Circle 20% off deal thru Tripadvisor
Worked just like any I’ve purchased directly from Disney.
After finally receiving voucher, we loaded tickets to MDE accounts for son and family.
Then I spent about a month worrying they would not work. But I am happy to report, they worked with no problem. We were at DisneyWorld all last week and saved $400+ using my Target Circle code and
daughter-in-law’s code.
Many thanks to original poster. I would never have thought to use the Target offer.
Additional thanks to all who responded to my questions and concerns.

arich35—Are your annual passes still good?
They are still listed on my account. We go in a couple months so we will see what happens! I bought new passes anyways to be safe

Just an update on this
We arrived on Monday, went to the ticket booth and asked if we needed to activate our kids annual passes and they said no they are good to go.

So to recap, I upgraded two 7 days passes I bought through Viator with this discount and upgraded them through Disney to annual passes for my kids. A couple days later Viator cancelled the purchase and refunded my money but the annual passes I already upgraded to worked.

After they cancelled I contacted them and was able to purchase them again just in case the annual passes didn't work on our trip We will now use the value of those to renew our annual passes in May. So we basically got annual passes for my wife and I for $200-$300 total, not sure yet on the price.

Just an update on this
We arrived on Monday, went to the ticket booth and asked if we needed to activate our kids annual passes and they said no they are good to go.

So to recap, I upgraded two 7 days passes I bought through Viator with this discount and upgraded them through Disney to annual passes for my kids. A couple days later Viator cancelled the purchase and refunded my money but the annual passes I already upgraded to worked.

After they cancelled I contacted them and was able to purchase them again just in case the annual passes didn't work on our trip We will now use the value of those to renew our annual passes in May. So we basically got annual passes for my wife and I for $200-$300 total, not sure yet on the price.
EPIC

Just an update on this

The most epic loophole ever! Now if you had been trying to do this it of course would never have worked.

I'm glad it worked out this way for you. From your posts last fall, I know you had a lot of anxiety about how it was going to play out, and you definitely did the right (and honest) thing by going ahead and re-purchasing.

The most epic loophole ever! Now if you had been trying to do this it of course would never have worked.

I'm glad it worked out this way for you. From your posts last fall, I know you had a lot of anxiety about how it was going to play out, and you definitely did the right (and honest) thing by going ahead and re-purchasing.
I could have been really honest and told Disney what happened but I figured we have given this company a lot of money in the last 4 years alone plus becoming a travel agent trying to sell more vacations that I figured I would let it play out on its own. I can't believe Disney let it happen to be honest, I was fully expecting an email or something saying it was cancelled. We got extremely lucky!

I could have been really honest and told Disney what happened but I figured we have given this company a lot of money in the last 4 years alone plus becoming a travel agent trying to sell more vacations that I figured I would let it play out on its own. I can't believe Disney let it happen to be honest, I was fully expecting an email or something saying it was cancelled. We got extremely lucky!
I’d bet money Disney got their money, Viator took the hit. Disney would not have refunded Viator for the ticket they sold if it had no value in their system (like yours would have after being redeemed toward the AP).

I’d bet money Disney got their money, Viator took the hit. Disney would not have refunded Viator for the ticket they sold if it had no value in their system (like yours would have after being redeemed toward the AP).
You are probably right. Just surprised they didn't communicate better, maybe Disney just doesn't care enough. Wonder if I am the only one this happened to or if there are others out there

Just read your update. So glad it all worked out for you, too.
Still happy for the deal I got.
Your’s—-Awesome!!!!

Just an update on this

Wow! That's amazing!

I was wondering what happened and looks like I checked back at the right time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter