Things to do in Tokyo

My go to spots for Tokyo Disney merchandise is Nakano Broadway, a slightly rundown geek mall west of Tokyo. To go, take the train to Shinjuku station and transfer to one that stops at Nakano. Take the north exit and walk toward the covered alley. At the end is the mall. Last march, 3 stores had Disney items: Cube Style on the 2nd floor, Mandarake Special 8 on the 3rd floor and Robot Robot on the 3rd store in a corner. They buy Disney merchandise from people and resell them at decent prices often. Like, in 2019, I got a 2001 Journey to the Center of the Earth camera bag from Robot Robot.

Does anyone have experience with booking a concert at Blue Note Tokyo (jazz)? Even with Google translate the website is difficult for me to understand. Should I just go there and try to book a ticket??

Does anyone have experience with booking a concert at Blue Note Tokyo (jazz)? Even with Google translate the website is difficult for me to understand. Should I just go there and try to book a ticket??

No experience with this particular site but I've used a lot of different Japanese concert booking sites.

On the account registration page, you enter you name in full-width Roman characters or kanji, then in full-width kana. It looks like you can select to receive communications via email which implies to me that there's no SMS verification required. If you don't have your own Japanese address and phone number, you can just put the information of your Japanese package forwarding company or a hotel.

Then you select the event you want to attend and enter your credit card details. Assuming the site doesn't block foreign credit cards, you should get some type of confirmation that you can present on the day of the event.

Sky tree and the Aquarium, its all in one building... The aquarium is really special its not to big or overwhelming, its all inside so a rainy day kinda thing or if its hot out, plus McDonalds is also located there, and a toy store with all kinda of gaming, like Mario, lots of different things and such.

Ueno Zoo and Park is another great option

My friends just got back from a almost 3 week trip to Japan. Their grandkiddo's the range from 3 to 8 or 9, her thoughts.

Nara deer park was a huge hit with kids and grownups alike

Universal Studios - . They spent 2 full days at Universal and the Osaka Aquarium both got high scores from them

On Odaiba - Legoland Discovery Center, Gundam Robot, Joypolis, along with Madame Tussaud's wax museum. She said that they bought some type of pass through Klook. She she they rode the trains, and visited over a couple of days. She did say there was alot of construction going on at ODaiba, and something where closed.

They also did a cooking tour, which she said was really fun, which everyone got to help prepare the meal. She said it was a highlight of the trip.

They also went on some type of Train tour, she called it the romantic train, and then came back on the river by boat. She said it was really beautiful. I'm really not sure on what this is called she kept calling it the romantic train. The photos are really beautiful.

They spent 5 nights( Hilton Tokyo Bay) and 4 full days at Tokyo Disneyland. 2 days in each park.

Sky tree and the Aquarium, its all in one building... The aquarium is really special its not to big or overwhelming, its all inside so a rainy day kinda thing or if its hot out, plus McDonalds is also located there, and a toy store with all kinda of gaming, like Mario, lots of different things and such.

Ueno Zoo and Park is another great option

My friends just got back from a almost 3 week trip to Japan. Their grandkiddo's the range from 3 to 8 or 9, her thoughts.

Universal Studios - . They spent 2 full days at Universal and the Osaka Aquarium both got high scores from them

On Odaiba - Legoland Discovery Center, Gundam Robot, Joypolis, along with Madame Tussaud's wax museum. She said that they bought some type of pass through Klook. She she they rode the trains, and visited over a couple of days. She did say there was alot of construction going on at ODaiba, and something where closed.

They also did a cooking tour, which she said was really fun, which everyone got to help prepare the meal. She said it was a highlight of the trip.

They also went on some type of Train tour, she called it the romantic train, and then came back on the river by boat. She said it was really beautiful. I'm really not sure on what this is called she kept calling it the romantic train. The photos are really beautiful.

They spent 5 nights( Hilton Tokyo Bay) and 4 full days at Tokyo Disneyland. 2 days in each park.
Are you able to ask her what cooking tour and train tour they did?

But, be careful of allergies! My nose has never run as much as it did when I spent a couple of days in Nara.

I don't know about the cooking tour, but the train and boat were almost certainly the ones from Arashiyama in Kyoto to Kameoka.

Train:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3965.html

Boat:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3966.html

But, be careful of allergies! My nose has never run as much as it did when I spent a couple of days in Nara.

I don't know about the cooking tour, but the train and boat were almost certainly the ones from Arashiyama in Kyoto to Kameoka.

Train:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3965.html

Boat:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3966.html
Ah okay. We did the Arashiyama scenic railway when dh and I went in 2019. We won’t be in that area this time so won’t be doing Nara or Arashiyama

I asked her yesterday, and she just got back to me, she said she could not remember which company, either Klook, Get your guide or Tours by locals, these are the 3 companies she used. I have used all 3 and been really happy with all the bookings and tours with them.

They were able to book just for their family due to the number of people, she said most times you are sharing with other people. As well there are people who offering a cooking lesson in their homes, the concierge at the hotel was going to help us book someone, but looking at what we had already planned we ran out of time.

I’m starting to plan our trip out a little more now. Does anyone know where we could watch a taiko drumming performance? I’m having a hard time finding anything besides lessons. I’m not sure ds would have the patience for a lesson but he would love to watch someone playing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter