Think Happy Thoughts

rihannalexis

Mouseketeer
Hello Dis-ers. My name is Heather and I am starting up my PTR for my upcoming December Disney World trip. I will be going to Disney World, Universal Studios and Medieval Times from December 26, 2022 to January 3, 2023 (I am hoping to get one more day and extend my trip until January 4).

Who am I?

As I said, my name is Heather. I am from Louisiana and have had a life-long love of Disney. From watching so many Disney movies as a kid (Lion King, Aladdin, The LIttle Mermaid, Snow White, Cinderella, just to name a few) to playing Disney games on our SNES (ahh the memories). The first time I was lucky enough to go to the parks, my parents surprised my brother and I with a trip when I was 12 and he was 8. We went with extended family and some family friends and stayed at Wilderness Lodge in a cabin. I have been lucky enough to go 2 other times and this will make my 4th trip to WDW. It has been over 15 years since the last time I went and more than long enough I say. I was also lucky enough to participate in Disney's College Program Spring Advantage, 20 years ago next year (my the time really does fly 😄😁).

Favorite Disney Movie: Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Favorite Disney Character: Alice, the Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat, Belle
Favorite Ride: Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, Tower Of Tower, Rocking Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith, Splash Mountain, Spaceship Earth, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, the Great Movie Ride (which I am very sad they got rid of) [it's hard to have just 1 favorite, haha]

I will be going on this trip with some extended family as I mentioned. These are my uncle E (my dad's brother), his wife T, their middle daughter, Me, and her boyfriend, J, their youngest daughter, Mal, and her family (husband, A, daughter, Em, son, G, and husband's daughter/her stepdaughter, G2), Uncle E's grandson, N, and granddaughter, MB, from his oldest daughter, as well as N's girlfriend, R. All of them have rooms at Pop for this trip, while I got a room King Standard View at CSR.

Where?

I have 4-day Disney theme park tickets with Park Hopper option, we are planning at least another day or possibly two to go to Universal Studios and we will be dining 1 night (January 1) at Medieval Times. So far I have park reservations on 12/28 for EPCOT, 12/30 for AK and 1/2 for HS. I am still attempting to get a park reservation for MK on 12/27, but so far it is booked full for that date and I haven't seen any cancellations. I wanted to match up my park reservations to the other members of my party, but it is looking like I will either have to reserve another park that day and then hop to MK at 2:00 or rearrange my reservations to get a full day at MK.

Why?

I will be going on this trip for a lot of little personal reasons. I will be celebrating the holidays of course, as well as my 1st vacation in 3 years and my 1st Disney vacation in over 15 years. I am also celebrating my birthday, even though my actual birthday is in July, because I was not able to celebrate or go anywhere at that time. Overall, this promises to be a very exciting and fun-filled time.

How?

I will be leaving from my home at 6:00 AM on 12/26 to drive to Orlando. It is approximately a 10 and 1/2 hour trip. However, with stretch and restroom breaks, stops for food and gas, etc., not to mention the traffic I will go through driving down there on the Monday after Christmas, I figure it will take me at least 11 and 1/2 to 12 hours to get there.

So far, the only other thing I am looking at is applying for DAS. Due to four car accidents and a slip and fall in the last 4 and a half years, it makes it very difficult for me to stand for any real length of time. However, I still have a little while to go before I can apply for that.

planning-a-40th-birthday-party-s600x600.jpg DAYS TO GO!!! :rainbow:

I'm here and excited to see you get started.

We're going to be driving down about a month before you head down. Good luck on your drive.

Keep checking for a MK reservation, you never know they map open up more.

We haven't stayed at CSR in the regular area but loved our short stay in the tower. The overall resort is lovely and lots of food options.

I'm here and excited to see you get started.

We're going to be driving down about a month before you head down. Good luck on your drive.

Keep checking for a MK reservation, you never know they map open up more.

We haven't stayed at CSR in the regular area but loved our short stay in the tower. The overall resort is lovely and lots of food options.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to this trip. I hope you guys have an easy and safe drive on your trip as well.

I keep checking multiple times a day, hoping I get lucky and snag a ressie for MK. I figure I will give it some more time, but I don't want it to get too close only for all of the parks to fill up. So far, AK and EPCOT are still open for that date, I'll just have to keep an eye out.

I am hoping since CSR is more known for executive functions and stuff, that it might be quieter than some of the other resorts. I definitely look forward to the food choices.

Thanks. I am really looking forward to this trip. I hope you guys have an easy and safe drive on your trip as well.

Thank you!

I keep checking multiple times a day, hoping I get lucky and snag a ressie for MK. I figure I will give it some more time, but I don't want it to get too close only for all of the parks to fill up. So far, AK and EPCOT are still open for that date, I'll just have to keep an eye out.

Do you have a backup booked just in case? I think you'll see reservations move around that week. People are always changing their plans.

I am hoping since CSR is more known for executive functions and stuff, that it might be quieter than some of the other resorts. I definitely look forward to the food choices.

It should be quieter than the values.

Do you have a backup booked just in case? I think you'll see reservations move around that week. People are always changing their plans.
So far I am thinking to go to EPCOT in the morning and then park hop to MK at 2:00. I could also possibly take one of the other days I am down there when MK is not booked up yet and go then, but we still have to decide on how may and what days we will be going to Universal. Plans haven't quite been finalized on that front, so I will have a better idea once we do.

So far I am thinking to go to EPCOT in the morning and then park hop to MK at 2:00. I could also possibly take one of the other days I am down there when MK is not booked up yet and go then, but we still have to decide on how may and what days we will be going to Universal. Plans haven't quite been finalized on that front, so I will have a better idea once we do.

Sounds like you still have lots of planning. I've never been to Universal but Danielle loves it. She has an annual pass.

Sounds like you still have lots of planning. I've never been to Universal but Danielle loves it. She has an annual pass.
Yeah there is definitely still some finalizing to be done. I have to bug my Uncle about geting plans finalized, as a lot fo real life takes up his attention and I don't think he would realize how quickly the time comes up when tickets need to be gotten and things set up, so we don't miss out, lol. But I guess that is what I am here for.

Just made my first ADR yesterday for Liberty Tree Tavern at 8:40 PM on 12/27. Still looking around at my other park days to see if there is anything still available that I want to try.

Just made my first ADR yesterday for Liberty Tree Tavern at 8:40 PM on 12/27. Still looking around at my other park days to see if there is anything still available that I want to try.

Good snag. We're eating there too on this trip. DH, DD and I have eaten there but it will be new for other DD, her husband and kids.

Good snag. We're eating there too on this trip. DH, DD and I have eaten there but it will be new for other DD, her husband and kids.
I am excited to try it. I was looking over the menu and it looks really tasty for a decent price.

So I was able to snag two more ADRs last Friday. I am currently scheduled on 12/28 at Whispering Canyon Cafe at 12:25 PM. I haven't decided whether I will be keeping this one or not yet, as it will require leaving EPCOT that day to go to lunch and then coming back. I am also scheduled on 01/02 for dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS for 7:40 PM. I am also excited about that because I think (though I am not a hundred percent certain) that it includes VIP seating to Fantasmic!.

In other news we just ordered our MagicBands+ for delivery. I got the red one and I am super excited. Each day that passes and each plan I make (and execute) just makes it feel that much more real. It is getting so close now,

keep-calm-only-32-days-left-549x640.png

So I currently have a nice full Amazon cart with a bunch of items I want/need to bring with me on the trip. I actually picked up some ideas from one of the threads on this forum about unusual items you might bring with you when you stay at Disney or go into the parks.

I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of my American Dis-ers. I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family, friends and laughter. For all of the other Dis-ers around the world, I hope you also have a wonderful day and may the time pass swiftly to your next Disney trip!

Reactions: DLo
Just registered for and was able to get DAS for my trip. I was also able to set up my advanced selections for 3 of my 4 park days. I am currently still trying to get a reservation for Magic Kingdom on 12/27/22 and then make the advanced selections at that time, so we will see how that goes.

It was a fairly uneventful process. I was waiting in the chat for about half an hour when it kicked me off. By the time I figured out how to get it to log back in (turns out I just needed to close the chat window and reopen it), the Cast Member was on and let me know they were with another guest and would be with me shortly. They sent some questions in the chat box asking who would need the DAS, if that person was there, what other members of your party would be with you and the date of my first theme park visit. It was only another few minutes before the CM was there with me and we were chatting. She then got me on a video call and asked me about why I had trouble with the lines, approved me, then sent me over to another CM to handle the Advanced Selections. I let that CM know what days I would be at which parks and what rides I wanted to preselect and that was that. The only issue that popped up with preselection was my EPCOT day. The times they gave me were close to my Whispering Canyon reservation, so I let them know what was going on and they were able to move them to one earlier in the day and one later, so they didn't clash with my current dining reservation.

Overall, both CMs were wonderful and very helpful. I sent compliments to guest.services@disneyworld.com for both of them as I was impressed with how helpful and nice they were. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience registering for DAS.

In other news, the MBs+ are supposed to be arriving tomorrow in the mail, so I am super excited for that. UPDATE: I just received my MagicBand+ in today's mail! I am super stoked. It feels so close to the trip, yet so far away.

Last edited:
Pause for a life update:

Unfortunately I woke up this morning around 1:30 to getting splashed in the face. After turning on the lights, I realized there was water coming through a crack in ceiling, that was splashing off my dresser and that was hitting me. Within about 20-30 minutes, a portion of the ceiling (a hole about 5 or 6 feet by 1.5 feet) collapsed on top of me as I was putting totes into place to catch the drips. I am physically okay, but my fiance and I are scrambling right now to get tarps to put on the roof to cover the area from more damage while we figure out what we need to fix it and how much. I think I need this relaxation trip more than ever now, haha.

In trip related news, I picked up an ADR at Boatwright's Dinner for 12/26, the day I arrive. It looks like they are opening up more ADRs for restaurants that previously showed as full before, as well.

Happy Monday to everyone. I hope everyone has been having a good day so far.

LIFE UPDATE NO. 2:

In good news, the roof on our house has been fixed and no more water can come through. We still have a big hole in the ceiling that will need to be patched. We currently have a big piece of, what I think is called, backer board up over the hole until we can get what we need in to fix the ceiling. Still going to have to do a lot of cleaning and rearranging in the room, but overall it cost a lot less than what we thought we would have to spend out to fix everything. Thank goodness for our next door neighbor. He is an older gentleman and we bought the property from him last year. He has also been doing contracting work for about 50 years now and was able to help us do the repairs. He is a really amazing man and I am so thankful to have him as a neighbor.

In trip news, I have ordered everything I needed from Amazon and my ears from Etsy, I have about 10 different packages coming between 12/7/22 and 12/23/22. I do think I have a problem. I ended up ordering more ears than I have park days, haha!!

Woohoo!! I have been holding on trying to get a park reservation for Magic Kingdom for 12/27/22 but its been booked up in the reservation system. Finally on Monday I ended up grabbing one for EPCOT and thinking that I would just have to park hop to MK later in the day. Well i decided to try a modify my reservation just now and managed to grab a Magic Kingdom park ressie!! I am so excited about this.

18-days-go-neon-signboards-600w-2223676161.jpg

EDIT: So I just made my DAS Adavanced Selections for Magic Kingdom. I managed to grab ones for BTMRR and HM. I am very happy about this.

Last edited:
Wow you’re going to have a fantastic visit.
Great planning !
Veryexcited for you and you deserve it !
Thank you so much. I am really looking forward to it. It is very exciting for me since, as I previously mentioned, it has been so long since the last time I went.

Well thanks to a user on this wonderful board, I was able to snag an 11:25 AM Fantasmic Dining Package reservation for 01/02/23 at HS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter