this is such a sad sick world

I was more talking about these topics being posted under "just for fun". It doesn't seem very fun IMO, and it always has seemed a bit odd overall that so many people argue social issues, politics etc on a site that's dedicated to the happiest place on earth.
You appear to be fairly new :)

:welcome:

In any case the best advice I can give you is if you run into a topic you don't think you'll want to engage it, is to scroll past and join a different topic. There's new ones popping up all the time. The DISboards is not exclusive to Disney. There's so many different topics out there and for different parks as well if that catches your fancy. If you want to peruse the Forums just click here-- https://www.disboards.com/ there's a bunch to offer.

The Happiest Place on Earth is actually Disneyland. Pete, the owner of the site, is based in Orlando and Disney World is the predominate of the Disney parks discussed here. Now Pete doesn't discriminate, he's got podcasts, and other shows for Universal Orlando and for Disneyland, forums for international Disney Parks, Sea World/Discovery Cove, Royal Caribbean, even the UK, etc. If we're going to use a slogan the more apt one would be the Most Magical Place on Earth for WDW rather than Disneyland's :) But it's a site for many topics out there. Have fun perusing I know I do :) :)

This is obviously a BS thing to argue over in a DISNEY forum (which makes it kind of funny) not to add this was posted under "just for fun" (which is even more funny). I can only imagine waking up to these things as a DISNEY moderator with a cup of coffee thinking "***" to yourself (lol).

Secondly my stomach is STUFFED with popcorn.

The Coping and Compassion sub forum is also under "Just For Fun" and there's ZERO fun going on over there.

This particular board is for whatever people want to talk about, minus politics.
And, during this pandemic, the mods have relaxed posting guidelines considerably to allow for political discussion as long as people mind their manners. Not surprisingly, everybody has been generally civil despite many having strong feelings on various topics.

But as Searc correctly said -- If you don't like a particular topic, just don't read it. Easy fix.

And, during this pandemic, the mods have relaxed posting guidelines considerably to allow for political discussion as long as people mind their manners. Not surprisingly, everybody has been generally civil despite many having strong feelings on various topics.

But as Searc correctly said -- If you don't like a particular topic, just don't read it. Easy fix.
Yes politics are allowed but religion is still taboo.

Yep. And ironically, one of the most prominent Confederate Generals agrees that this was the right course of action to take in regard to the U.S. Civil War:

"I think it wiser not to keep open the sores of war, but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavoured to obliterate the marks of civil strife and to commit to oblivion the feelings it has engendered."
~ Robert E. Lee

Isn't this in line with maybe why the complete history of the Civil War wasn’t taught in schools? As not to keep “the wounds open”? But I’m reading accounts of how people want the whole ugly truth out there.

This is obviously a BS thing to argue over in a DISNEY forum (which makes it kind of funny) not to add this was posted under "just for fun" (which is even more funny). I can only imagine waking up to these things as a DISNEY moderator with a cup of coffee thinking "***" to yourself (lol).

Secondly my stomach is STUFFED with popcorn.

This is a non disney specific board within a Disney forum. Pretty easy to figure out that some people might want to just talk about things other than Dole Whips and how to cheat the system. Don't hang here if it's not for you.

What about the little 8 year old killed by protestors near Wendy's blm supporters raised a hell of a lot of money for Floyd's family how about some for her family

I would, but today marks 3 weeks, 4 days sober. That is a BIG thing for me :)
Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
Isn't this in line with maybe why the complete history of the Civil War wasn’t taught in schools? As not to keep “the wounds open”? But I’m reading accounts of how people want the whole ugly truth out there.
LOL No, I don’t think that’s it. The whole ugly truth NEEDS to be out there.

On topic: We’re having wings for dinner because of this thread.

This is a non disney specific board within a Disney forum. Pretty easy to figure out that some people might want to just talk about things other than Dole Whips and how to cheat the system. Don't hang here if it's not for you.

Not sure if your taking it the wrong way or not. I don't care what people talk about here. Although WHY anyone would want to talk about anything other than Dole Whips is beyond me. :teeth:

We were fortunate to view this exhibit in New Orleans in 1977. I just aged myself.

Sydney has a major renovation in place to accommodate a Tutankamen exhibit in 2021 and Saachi gallery in London had one in 2019 and here is a comment about the London exhibit-
“Just returned from visit to London to see the Tutankhamun exhibition. All I can say is that it was fantastic, better than our visit to Cairo in 1997. If you’re thinking of going please do not hesitate it’s worth every minute waiting to see the artefacts. Well done London for a fantastic display.“

Boston has one scheduled but not sure if 2021 or 2022.

We were fortunate to view this exhibit in New Orleans in 1977. I just aged myself.

I'll age myself too. We tried to see this exhibit when it came to Washington DC. The line was so long and not moving, we ended up leaving.

Tut storms America. When the exhibition opened at the National Gallery on November 17, 1976, the line wrapped around the three-block-long building.

Not sure if your taking it the wrong way or not. I don't care what people talk about here. Although WHY anyone would want to talk about anything other than Dole Whips is beyond me. :teeth:
Honestly, sometimes it's boredom. But I have to admit that I have learned so much from posters on this board, especially the last 4-5 months. I may not always agree with them, but for the most part, people are full of useful, well researched, and timely information that I may not get from my little section of the world. And unlike most social media, it tends to stay civil and engaging. I am always up for learning something new. Or at least a different view point even if in the end, I don't agree.

So while I would love to live in a world of Disney snacks, there is a big, real world out there. And right now is a time to be as educated on matters as you can.

Last edited:
someone early on posted about what I was trying to get across about this virus it was posted that back in 2019 sciencetists were pridecting a pandemic and were doing research and stopped

if they felt that strongly about it why did they stop

still cant figure out how in this day and age how they could shut the world down
The Emerging Pandemic Threats program, started in 2009, was cancelled in September, 2019.
Simple, those in charge at the top made them stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter