This is Us- Season 5

Screamed at the tv for Tess & her dress. It's not about you Tess! Beth should have told her that the day is for the couple and that we don't always like the bridesmaids dresses but we smile & be happy for the couple as we love them. Livid they added the black to the top.

Shocked with Kate & the music teacher. Have to rewatch again for the if Kevin & Madison together later hints. Agree with her though he's not in love with her but maybe he could.

Screamed at the tv for Tess & her dress. It's not about you Tess! Beth should have told her that the day is for the couple and that we don't always like the bridesmaids dresses but we smile & be happy for the couple as we love them. Livid they added the black to the top.

Shocked with Kate & the music teacher. Have to rewatch again for the if Kevin & Madison together later hints. Agree with her though he's not in love with her but maybe he could.

I agree with you about Tess and that dress. She was being a spoiled brat and Beth is just playing into it because she is so afraid of giving the appearance of not being supportive of Tess. Geez, you‘re only going to wear that dress for a few hours. I can’t tell you how many unattractive bridesmaids dresses I’ve worn, and I kept my trap shut.

I had a strange vibe about that music teacher from the beginning, but I thought she’d have an almost-affair with him. I didn’t guess a future marriage.

I was surprised that Madison told Kevin that she had fallen in love with him. I really thought that she was going to tell him that she wasn’t in love with him and didn’t want to marry him. I hope they are able to work it out in the future. I think she’s good for Kevin.

I am going to have to re-watch it tonight. I took an allergy pill before it came on and I dozed off! Just woke up in time for the ending and thought the allergy pill must have made me really out of it! hahaa

Based upon the comments I have read online, season 6 is going to be interesting to watch and figure out how this will be tied up in a nice package in the end.

I love this episode. And even though some things hurt to watch, I do like that not everything is a happy ending. Couples we know and love split up all the time.

LOVED Rebecca's apology to Randall. Cried through it all. I also loved the Big 3 and her at the end.

As sad as I am for Kevin & Madison, I'm glad she found her self worth and didn't settle for less. The flash forward makes it appear it was the right decision for both of them.

I'm also sad about Kate & Toby, mostly because I love Toby so much, but I'm not entirely shocked by it. They have a lot of underlying issues that I don't think they ever truly worked through. I imagine the distance amplifies a lot of them.

But I'm good with both of those splits as long as they leave Beth & Randall together. She is my favorite character and they are my favorite couple! I am one who loved the way she handled the situation with Tess. She DID ask Kevin before changing the dress. And as a bride, even if I was going for a "look", if I found out somebody was truly uncomfortable in the dress because of how they identified, I would be upset they didn't feel they could speak up. But then I very much put the people above a picture of perfection. If you've never had a child who has felt that way, I imagine it's hard to understand. But if you have, you get it.

I don't want to wait so long for season 6. But I also don't want it to rush by!

Last edited:

I thought it was a great episode. I love quiet episodes. And then the end was brilliantly done in my opinion. I have said this over and over, the trajectory of people's lives is fascinating to me. And this episode was all that.

No issue with rapid changes. I have had changes in my own life that no one could have ever have convinced me of beforehand.

No issue with the aging. Forty-five to Fifty-five is aging central. And they had to keep it subtle to carry the surprise.

Loved seeing both Kevin and Madison happy. She did say I told you ____ times this morning. So if they are not together, they are at least making family work.

I have seen the music teacher storyline coming. Once I saw Kate in the wedding dress, it was not a huge surprise. I knew Toby and Kate were not together. He had never seen Kevin's house - imagine that in Pearson land. And Randall thanked him for coming in the fast forward like it was a big deal and something he had no obligation whatsoever to do.
Great catch on the Madison telling Kevin she had told him this morning...so maybe they do end up together.

The ending totally blew my mind. 5 years doesn't seem like enough time for Toby and Kate to split and her to be super happy to be married again.

I wonder if Madison and Kevin do end up together. Their interaction could be seen in different ways, a great friendship or actually made it work as a couple.

I'm starting to think Rebecca and Nicky are a couple. He is the one sitting by her side at the end of her life in that flash forward. Just wonder what happens in 5 years to lead to that!

I was also irritated that Beth altered the dress. It wasn't just a little alteration either, it was totally different. I think she should have left it alone, it's all about the bride, and it's her pictures to look at for years to come. Heck, part of being a bridesmaid is hating the dress! LOL!

I think Madison and Kevin are good together too. He just doesn’t know it yet. With Jerry being the favorite movie, they will complete each other! I think that mentor in the movie will have some choice tie it together words next season. “It’s all about relationships.”
Also, still didn’t watch the episode yet but based on what has been shared above, I think T and K are done done. He has a pattern of hiding things from her. Maybe he will emotionally stray via online flirtation. Let’s see.

I heard a theory that maybe Kevin is marrying the British guy's sister (would explain him calling him his future brother-in-law) and Kate and Toby are renewing their vows.

I heard a theory that maybe Kevin is marrying the British guy's sister (would explain him calling him his future brother-in-law) and Kate and Toby are renewing their vows.
Aha...that was one of my thoughts too when I was searching for any other way to make sense of it all.

I guess it could be a trick, but why would they do it on the same day? I would think Kevin and his bride would want their own special day and not share it with Toby and Kate. But I suppose it's possible.

Nope in an article someone posted earlier it says they are not together and the guy Phillip is in next season a lot. Plus in the flash forward Toby doesn’t have his wedding ring on and has never been to Kevin’s house.

I was wondering if Nicky and Rebecca get close , no Miguel in the flash forward .

It also said they will age a lot in the next season. Rebecca did say she didn’t put their dad in every situation anymore . So wonder if the younger kids will be flash backed either or just go back to the age they are now then older.

(writing before I read the articles)

I didn’t see that coming!

Me either!! I figured Madison was going to call off the wedding, but I absolutely did NOT see Kate and British guy.

Though I should have realized that they were pulling the parallel scenarios again, as Kevin was all dressed up already when he was practicing the movie quotes, and he wasn't dressed yet on their wedding day. - But Madison had already told him "no movie quotes" earlier in the episode (when Nicky was filming on the iPad.)

That wooooould be a "This is Us Twist" thing to do, but I don't really think that's it. It did seem like Toby was out of the picture in the big flash forward, and Kate said something like "the last time I'm going to do this".

I'm torn on the dress scene. On the immediate scale, you just wear the dress the bride wants in the pictures. - What's a couple of hours? Think of it like a costume for a play. But on the grander scale, I love that it was a healing moment for Tess and Beth! Beth's speech was funny, and it was so important that Tess admitted she'd been a brat lately and apologized.

Oh, and poor Deja! - I'm sure she wants to be happy for Malik, but is wicked nervous about him going to Boston.

(after reading articles)

Thanks to both posters who found those for us!

Now I'm really sure it isn't a vow renewal for Kate and Toby. - But she does seem truly happy, and we know baby Jack turns out great, so I'm going to trust that the new guy is a positive for both her and the kids.

I'm saddened by the hints that things might go wrong between Rebecca and Miguel...But I don't think she dumps him and marries Nicky. I'm actually afraid she goes deeper into the Alzheimer's, forgets she ever married Miguel, and thinks Nicky is Jack. :(

I don't think Kevin and Madison get back together, just that they continue to get along well and successfully raise their kids in two households. (I already suspected the kids bounced back and forth based on what Kevin's son said the big flash-forward.)

This all going to be a lot to tie up in only more season!

I assume that Nicky gets back together with the high school flame - last week, the episode ends with him Googling her, so I'm going to guess that he finds her in Season 6.

Oh, and I'm glad that Tess and Beth worked things out, but I couldn't help but wonder when Tess was going to apologize to her - she's been pretty crappy to her all season.

Nope in an article someone posted earlier it says they are not together and the guy Phillip is in next season a lot. Plus in the flash forward Toby doesn’t have his wedding ring on and has never been to Kevin’s house.

I was wondering if Nicky and Rebecca get close , no Miguel in the flash forward .

It also said they will age a lot in the next season. Rebecca did say she didn’t put their dad in every situation anymore . So wonder if the younger kids will be flash backed either or just go back to the age they are now then older.
That would be gross actually. He’s definitely one of my least favourite characters.

I assume that Nicky gets back together with the high school flame - last week, the episode ends with him Googling her, so I'm going to guess that he finds her in Season 6.

Oh, and I'm glad that Tess and Beth worked things out, but I couldn't help but wonder when Tess was going to apologize to her - she's been pretty crappy to her all season.
She did apologize in that scene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter