• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Grand Cayman Itinerary Change?

BAIC03

Mouseketeer
I really want to go, but I don’t know if DCL can or will comply with these requirements by our 2/2/22 sailing.

1. Must be the first stop of the itinerary
2. Must have less than 1,600 total people on board (crew and pax)
3. All must be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to arrival.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribb...ands-to-welcome-a-cruise-ship-with-conditions

I’m thinking we stop at Costa Maya or Falmouth if we are lucky…

So my question: how has Disney handled port itinerary changes up to now? Sea day and a refund? A new port?

I’m wondering the same. I’m on the 2/8 sailing and Cozumel is our first stop. I’m really hoping for Costa Maya. I wish it could be Castaway Cay.

We sail 1/22/22 on the Magic with a stop at Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. I do not think we will go. I recently read that a DCL out Galveston which had stops at Key West and Castaway Cay was changed to Grand Cayman and Costa Maya I think. Each cabin was given a $400 onboard credit.

Now I just saw this so pretty sure we are not going there

First Cruise Ship Visit to Grand Cayman in Over 21 Months is Cancelled (cruisehive.com)

On December 17, 2021, however, the Cayman Islands changed its pre-arrival testing protocols. Previously, travelers had to demonstrate a negative test result within 72 hours of their arrival into the country, but now the requirement has been tightened to producing a negative test result within 24 hours. This change was implemented in response to the rapid spread of the highly contagious Omicron variant.

MJ

Our Grand Cayman ended up as Costa Maya. They announced it October 13th for a Nov 21st cruise… so about 5 weeks before.

With only two ports for a six night cruise to begin with, you really think another sea day? No other port options? Fwiw, we had planned to just walk around and have lunch anyway. I’ll take six sea days if it’s not packed.

We sail 1/22/22 on the Magic with a stop at Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. I do not think we will go. I recently read that a DCL out Galveston which had stops at Key West and Castaway Cay was changed to Grand Cayman and Costa Maya I think. Each cabin was given a $400 onboard credit.

First Cruise Ship Visit to Grand Cayman in Over 21 Months is Cancelled (cruisehive.com)

On December 17, 2021, however, the Cayman Islands changed its pre-arrival testing protocols. Previously, travelers had to demonstrate a negative test result within 72 hours of their arrival into the country, but now the requirement has been tightened to producing a negative test result within 24 hours. This change was implemented in response to the rapid spread of the highly contagious Omicron variant.

MJ

Key West is out due to their vote to ban large ships.

We sail out in less than a week, and they haven't bothered to change our Cayman day yet. So it's looking like a sea day for us. That leaves only Costa Maya, Castaway Cay, and a whole lot of sea days. Boo hiss.

MJ
We are on this sailing and I keep waiting for the itinerary change

First this is an "old" article. I believe GC has already denied entry to a ship recently (HAL?, don't remember). I am SO upset about this. We're on the 2/8 from NOLA and we only had 2 ports as it was. To end up with another sea day - ugh, B-O-R-I-N-G. Nothing is going to change between then and now. Why is Disney still letting us book GC excursions?

First this is an "old" article. I believe GC has already denied entry to a ship recently (HAL?, don't remember). I am SO upset about this. We're on the 2/8 from NOLA and we only had 2 ports as it was. To end up with another sea day - ugh, B-O-R-I-N-G. Nothing is going to change between then and now. Why is Disney still letting us book GC excursions?

I love sea days over all, but with the restrictions and limited offerings more sea days really don't add as much as they could. DCL has really dragged their feet every step of the way.

I love sea days over all, but with the restrictions and limited offerings more sea days really don't add as much as they could. DCL has really dragged their feet every step of the way.
I would think they would have Castaway Cay booked every single day but i understand that's not the only factor. I just looked at port schedule and our cruise may turn into a double dip since there is no one scheduled at cc on our gc day. And who knows if we will even get to cruise since we have an unvaxxed 3yo

MJ

We are also on this cruise, I am waiting for the email canceling GC, hoping they will be able to give us another CC day. Since we will then have 3 sea days, maybe one of those days CC will be available for us.
We were suppose to stop at KW in November and then it was switched to a double dip and it was great.

We sail out in less than a week, and they haven't bothered to change our Cayman day yet. So it's looking like a sea day for us. That leaves only Costa Maya, Castaway Cay, and a whole lot of sea days. Boo hiss.

I can't believe they haven't told you anything yet, some people book excursions on their own and this is a pain to cancel once you're onboard and sailing.

I can't believe they haven't told you anything yet, some people book excursions on their own and this is a pain to cancel once you're onboard and sailing.
Anyone booked on a cruise these days just has to come to expect that the cruise line often is only reacting to unpredictable last minute changes made by the ports. Lord, how many ships in the past two weeks have been denied docking the day of or the day before docking by nations? No way they can give you specific advance notice.
Been cruising almost 42 years, used to be the big risks in cruising were cruising during Hurricane Season in the Caribbean, or have a norovirus outbreak. Now you are also dealing with nations deciding with no notice that your tourist dollars aren't worth the risk to the health of their population.

Anyone booked on a cruise these days just has to come to expect that the cruise line often is only reacting to unpredictable last minute changes made by the ports. Lord, how many ships in the past two weeks have been denied docking the day of or the day before docking by nations? No way they can give you specific advance notice.
Been cruising almost 42 years, used to be the big risks in cruising were cruising during Hurricane Season in the Caribbean, or have a norovirus outbreak. Now you are also dealing with nations deciding with no notice that your tourist dollars aren't worth the risk to the health of their population.

a whole new world ‼️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter