Thread for anyone and everyone who is excited the CP!

Oh gosh, I was just coming here to say I've been so sick and that's why I haven't been posting! So sorry to hear you were sick as well! I got mono and had the most awful fever for two and a half weeks, and then got strep throat on top of that. x___x I missed my first week of classes!

Hope you're feeling better! :)

Question Time!!! :dance3:

1. Depending on when you do your CP, there's a pretty big chance you aren't going to be home for a holiday (Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, New Year, family birthdays, etc) How are you going to cope with that? Is it a big deal to you and do you think you'll be homesick?

2. Are you concerned at all about the fact that some guests can get very rude and argumentative with workers at Disney? Are you worried at all about losing your patience or do you think it will be no problem with you?

3. What do YOU think would be the hardest job to do there?

Thanks to everyone who is writing on here! :cool1:

1. I'm gonna do the spring CP, so I won't have to worry about missing Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc., BUT my birthday is in March, so I would be away from my friends/family for that, PLUS I would be away from my boyfriend on our anniversary, and I will probably miss his birthday, too. I guess as long as I get in touch with friends/family on the important dates, and celebrate with my CP friends down in Florida, I should be alright. I know for a fact that I will be homesick, but I think as long as I keep myself busy I should be able to cope:goodvibes

2. From what I've heard from people that I know did the CP, the great days vastly outweigh the bad days. Yes, you will be yelled at for something that you have nothing to do with (ride breaking down, no spots available for the parade, etc), but you just gotta put that person behind you and move on with your day. And then when you get back to your apartment that night you can bash all the rude guests with your roommates!

3. I'm not sure what would be the HARDEST, but to me, the job with the most pressure I feel are the character performers. For a lot of guests, the characters are the main reason they go to Disney World in the first place, so you have to DELIVER for each and every guest. You always have to be on your A-game, always have a smile on your face (even if you're a fur character!!) and act like each guest is the first one you've seen all day.

Oh gosh, I was just coming here to say I've been so sick and that's why I haven't been posting! So sorry to hear you were sick as well! I got mono and had the most awful fever for two and a half weeks, and then got strep throat on top of that. x___x I missed my first week of classes!

Hope you're feeling better! :)

That's awful! I can't believe you got strep throat on top of that!! And yes.. a huge bug came around my county. Everyone has been getting miserably sick! It sucks! I hope you're feeling better too!

1. I'm gonna do the spring CP, so I won't have to worry about missing Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc., BUT my birthday is in March, so I would be away from my friends/family for that, PLUS I would be away from my boyfriend on our anniversary, and I will probably miss his birthday, too. I guess as long as I get in touch with friends/family on the important dates, and celebrate with my CP friends down in Florida, I should be alright. I know for a fact that I will be homesick, but I think as long as I keep myself busy I should be able to cope:goodvibes

2. From what I've heard from people that I know did the CP, the great days vastly outweigh the bad days. Yes, you will be yelled at for something that you have nothing to do with (ride breaking down, no spots available for the parade, etc), but you just gotta put that person behind you and move on with your day. And then when you get back to your apartment that night you can bash all the rude guests with your roommates!

3. I'm not sure what would be the HARDEST, but to me, the job with the most pressure I feel are the character performers. For a lot of guests, the characters are the main reason they go to Disney World in the first place, so you have to DELIVER for each and every guest. You always have to be on your A-game, always have a smile on your face (even if you're a fur character!!) and act like each guest is the first one you've seen all day.

I'm probably going to have to do spring CP when I do mine, because I really think I would be toooo homesick if I was away from my family on Christmas. I'm gonna have a hard time with being homesick! It's good that you wont be away for anything too major, although the anniversary thing sucks!

I can only imagine how many nights would be spent talking about all the rude guests! Haha :laughing:

I completely agree with your last answer.. So many people really would be so downcast if one of the characters was not giving it their all. It's a really important job and one that many of those guests came all the way there to experience..

I want to do at least one (spring 2012), and then again Fall 2014 (after graduation).

Same here! I want to do Spring 2012, plus the semester after I graduate (as of right now that's fall 2014) and hopefully do a PI after that!

Same here! I want to do Spring 2012, plus the semester after I graduate (as of right now that's fall 2014) and hopefully do a PI after that!

Ahhh, that's awesome! Sounds like we have the same plan! I also want to do a PI eventually as well.

Do you want to eventually end up fulltime with the company?

Ahhh, that's awesome! Sounds like we have the same plan! I also want to do a PI eventually as well.

I think so!!! I think doing the CP in spring 2012 will kinda confirm whether or not I want to work fulltime with the company, but so far it's looking like that's the direction I want to go in :goodvibes

I also have the same plan as you guys to do the Spring 2012 CP, the Fall 2014 after I graduate, and then hopefully the PI!

But I don't know if I want to end up full-time. I mean, I do, but I don't know what kind of jobs are available, and what I'd be good at and love. I need to figure that out... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter