Thursday Riddle

alabamaalan said:
One learns a lot about turtles while scouring the 'Net.

Did y'all know the leatherback turtle has a nesting season that runs from June until December?
So OT of the riddle, but we got to see a Loggerhead nesting this summer at Disney Vero Beach. The kids got to help inventory a hatched nest with scientist from AK. Super cool experience!

347%3A28%3B87%7Ffp6%3Enu%3D3238%3E%3A82%3E%3A7%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32325669%3A7334nu0mrj

That is so cool!!!!! They must have been over the moon!

It was super cool. We got to do the last turtle walk of the season and got lucky enough to see a 400 pound mama lay more than 100 eggs! For my kids they liked that they got to stay up till 1am. Turtles like to do it late at night! ;) No rushing for them! :rolleyes1

lewdyan1 said:
It was super cool. We got to do the last turtle walk of the season and got lucky enough to see a 400 pound mama lay more than 100 eggs! For my kids they liked that they got to stay up till 1am. Turtles like to do it late at night! ;) No rushing for them! :rolleyes1

I am starting to admire turtles :thumbsup2

You know those huge Galapagos turtles? We have some at our zoo. When DH and I were dating, we went to the zoo with another couple. As we were walking through the exhibit, we heard a really strange noise. Kind of a cross between a groan and a wooo hooty. :rotfl: Two of the turtles were being uh . . . friendly. It sort of went on and on. We honestly didn't know if we should laugh or turn away. It sort of felt like we were peeping toms or something. I've never forgotten that.

And here I thought they were shy. It must be something to see them coming out of their shells. :rolleyes1

Metaphorically, of course.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The things you learn here!! Wait, I think a thread is calling my name :teeth:

L107ANGEL said:
I am starting to admire turtles :thumbsup2

yeah but how do ya still feel about these?????? :lmao:

bigfrog.jpg

pic courtesy of Sweetangel :teeth:

I'm in a crummy mood, but maybe a Woo Hooty will help. So here, I'll give an assist :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter