You can do it the TTC. That's where all the ticket booths are, it's why "ticket" is in the name. ;)
I know the ticket booths are there but there is a separate guest relations window too at the MK. Didn't know if I needed a specific person! We are staying at the Poly so I thought it might be easier to walk over to TTC :)

I know the ticket booths are there but there is a separate guest relations window too at the MK. Didn't know if I needed a specific person! We are staying at the Poly so I thought it might be easier to walk over to TTC :)

Ticket booths and Guest Relations can handle ticket sales and upgrades.
Choose whichever seems to have the shortest/fastest-moving line.

I have a somewhat specific question. My mom and sister are coming on our next Disney trip. They have no-expiration tickets from 2005, but my mom can't find the actual ticket anywhere. They will arrive about 11 pm with a rental car. My mom called and they told her they could issue new tickets, but my mom would have to be the one to get the tickets because the tickets were purchased in her name.

We are planning on doing rope drop at MK or AK the first day with my sister (next day after their arrival) but my mother will not be coming to the parks with us that day, although knows she will have to go somewhere to get the tickets. The complicated part is that my mom is disabled and can't walk far distances, and when she does walk it is very slow- she uses a scooter at home for anything that requires significant walking, but will be renting one at Disney, however not until her first park day.

So where is the best place to go (with the least amount of walking) to get these tickets re-issued?

I have a somewhat specific question. My mom and sister are coming on our next Disney trip. They have no-expiration tickets from 2005, but my mom can't find the actual ticket anywhere. They will arrive about 11 pm with a rental car. My mom called and they told her they could issue new tickets, but

1. my mom would have to be the one to get the tickets because the tickets were purchased in her name.
We are planning on doing rope drop at MK or AK the first day with my sister (next day after their arrival) but my mother will not be coming to the parks with us that day, although knows she will have to go somewhere to get the tickets. The complicated part is that my mom is disabled and can't walk far distances, and when she does walk it is very slow- she uses a scooter at home for anything that requires significant walking, but will be renting one at Disney, however not until her first park day.
2. So where is the best place to go (with the least amount of walking) to get these tickets re-issued?

1. Sounds right.
2. Any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside the first park that she DOES go to.
Arrive 40-60 minutes before you plan on going into that park, and stop at the booth.

An alternative is to go to the "Welcome Center" at Disney Springs, if you all plan on going there before she will be visiting a theme park.

Last edited:
1. Sounds right.
2. Any ticket booth or Guest Relations outside the first park that she DOES go to.
Arrive 40-60 minutes before you plan on going into that park, and stop at the booth.

An alternative is to go to the "Welcome Center" at Disney Springs, if you all plan on going there before she will be visiting a theme park.

How far of a walk is it from where she can park to the Welcome Center? Or is there anywhere closer to drop her off?

How far of a walk is it from where she can park to the Welcome Center? Or is there anywhere closer to drop her off?
Its a relatively long walk.
But, if she’s at WDW... everything can end up requiring a long walk.
That’s sorta the nature of the beast. :)

Sorry if there is an answer somewhere to this because I did try searching and reading:

If I purchase two DVC Gold Pass vouchers before the price hike this weekend, but I won't be using them for a few years, will I
  • be able to make fp selections prior to my trip(s)? If so, how, since they won't be activated?
  • will the vouchers be good until 2030 with no increase in price?
  • need to know anything else about them besides the black-out dates?
I figure that, with the discount and the way ticket prices are going up, DH and I might benefit from a purchase of (at least) 2. I'm not buying more than 2...but I wish :)

Thanks!

If I purchase two DVC Gold Pass vouchers before the price hike this weekend, but I won't be using them for a few years, will I
  • 1. be able to make fp selections prior to my trip(s)? If so, how, since they won't be activated?
  • 2. will the vouchers be good until 2030 with no increase in price?
  • 3. need to know anything else about them besides the black-out dates?

1. Yes.
2. As far as I know. But, YOU can simply sign in to the DVC AP page and read the disclaimers at the bottom of the page. (I don't have access to that site.)
3. Not particularly.

Last edited:
I just saw some of the preliminary rumors regarding the upcoming price increases for the WDW tickets and it looks like the cost of the Disney Platinum Plus Annual Passes could be jumping from $869 all the way up to $949. Based on this I'm considering making a couple moves but wanted to run it by you here, Robo, to see if my thinking is sound.

My wife and I have already purchased our Annual Passes and will activate them this June when we go on our summer WDW vacation. We also have trips planned in September 2018, December 2018 and June 2019 so AP's for us obviously made sense.

For our summer trip this year, we also have our three sons (26, 18, 10) coming along, as well as the 18 year-old's girlfriend so I purchased 4 7-Day Park Hopper Plus tickets for them. These were purchased through ParkSavers and have not yet been linked to anyone via my My Disney Experience account. I had also planned to upgrade the ticket for our 10-year-old to a Platinum Plus AP while we were in Orlando this June as it has since been decided that he will be coming along for both our December 2018 and June 2019 vacations. However, given the significant price increase which is thought to be happening this weekend, I am now considering just buying the 10-year-old his AP now at the lower price and holding the 7-Day Park Hopper Plus ticket to have its value applied towards our AP renewal next year. Since the renewal increases are typically lower than the initial AP increases this seems like the best use of that ticket value.

To further complicate things, for our September 2018 trip, we may purchase a package at POP Century to get free dining (if available) which would mean I would have tickets for the minimum required days as part of that package. The plan with those tickets was to use their value towards the cost of our AP renewal in 2019 as well.

Based on all of the above, here are my questions:

1) Assuming that only my wife and I renew our AP's in 2019, would the value of all three tickets (the 7-Day Park Hopper Plus purchased through ParkSavers as well as the 2 tickets purchased through Disney as part of the free dining package) be able to have their value applied to our AP renewal?

2) Am I missing any other, obvious options for how to structure things to make best use of the tickets I already have?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

1) Assuming that only my wife and I renew our AP's in 2019, would the value of all three tickets (the 7-Day Park Hopper Plus purchased through ParkSavers as well as the 2 tickets purchased through Disney as part of the free dining package) be able to have their value applied to our AP renewal?
They will only apply the value of one ticket towards the purchase/renewal of an Annual Pass.

They will only apply the value of one ticket towards the purchase/renewal of an Annual Pass.

This is what I suspected but figured I'd check. Even if that's the case, I can still use the 7-Day PHP ticket and one of the tickets from our September 2018 trip for renewal in 2019...and who knows, it might make sense to renew our youngest son's as well depending on how many trips we plan in 2019 - 2020. I just feel like not locking in his 2018 - 2019 AP now at the significantly lower price would be a mistake.

I think I know the answer to this but I just want to double check.

I bought my tickets via an authorized dealer today and had them shipped to will call. I received my link with the confirmation code and added them to my MDE account. Do I still have to go to will call and "pick up" my tickets when I arrive?

I bought my tickets via an authorized dealer today and had them shipped to will call. I received my link with the confirmation code and added them to my MDE account.
Do I still have to go to will call and "pick up" my tickets when I arrive?

Not if you will be using a MagicBand at the parks.

What are the odds I can upgrade a MYW ticket to an AP and have the expiration date of the AP be 1 year from the last day of use of the MYW ticket?
I know the policy would be the AP would expire 1 year from the first date of use of the MYW ticket, but has anyone had any luck convincing Disney to use the last date??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter