Tell me how to do this. I want to change my whole vacation and not lose my FPs. I currently have the Sun and Fun package with 6 day park tickets and memory maker. This is what I want to do. I want to get an AP for myself, a 6 day ticket for DD (adult), and an AP room rate at WL.

I know I need to call to get the AP room rate, but how do I handle the tickets?

Also, will they just apply my paid off package amount to the AP and Ticket? Or will it be refunded and I need to re-buy?

Thanks for all the help.

According to my records, I have two separate 1-day Ep/HS/AK tickets. This is also what MDE shows. I successfully booked (fake booking) FP+ for one day/ticket. However, when trying to book the 2nd day/ticket, MDE tells me that I have used all of my tickets. Glitch? Call IT? Thanks for all of your help with the many questions. You're a life saver!
Glitch. Call.

Tell me how to do this. I want to change my whole vacation and not lose my FPs. I currently have the Sun and Fun package with 6 day park tickets and memory maker. This is what I want to do. I want to get an AP for myself, a 6 day ticket for DD (adult), and an AP room rate at WL.

I know I need to call to get the AP room rate, but how do I handle the tickets?

Also, will they just apply my paid off package amount to the AP and Ticket? Or will it be refunded and I need to re-buy?

Thanks for all the help.
I’d do this...
Call and see IF you can get an AP room, first.
If so, book it imediately.
You don’t need to have an AP to book an AP room.
After that, we can discuss what to do with your current reservations.

I’d do this...
Call and change only the room.
Keep the tickets.
Upgrade one ticket to AP after you arrive.

When I call to change the room do I also tell them to cancel the memory maker?

Ok thinking about your answer, I am a little confused. I currently have a package, not a room and separate tickets. Can they change the room portion of a package to an AP room only, and separate tickets? I'm sure they can since you said they can but just double checking.

Thank you very much. On phone with IT now.:rolleyes1
so after a nice long wait on the phone.... was told that I had in fact used all 8 days (???) that didn't happen it was 7,and ALSO that one of those 8 days had been used twice to get admission and I shouldn't have been allowed to use the 7 that I did use last year.....clear as mud but thanks...thinking of HUCA to one of the other numbers provided just to double check that answer. I'm not going to lose sleep over this one but it would be nice to know

6- I didn't know that was ever a feature on MDE.

GlitchCitySign-500_zpsf50fe154.jpg
HAHA Love the picture..... anyway in the past(like last spring) I could see on the right side drop down menu of MDE page tickets attached to my acct. Now it just shows option like view fastpass etc. NO way to look and see ticket entitlements listed. On the page now it's like a round icon below my name I can choose tickets to add etc. But nothing that shows what's n there,like 3 days etc. And yet it will allow me to make 10 days worht of FP+ if I want..... so call for this too?

So I called 407 W-Disney and she said I cannot make an AP reservation unless I actually currently have an AP. So I asked before I even proceed are there any discounts for WL available. Yes, $3,099 for room and dining. I did a calculation of rack rate $416*5 and get $2080, add on DDP of $754 for a total of $2,834. How was what she quoted me a Discount?

I was excited about staying at WL. Guess ASMo will have to do, and not get an AP.

1- So I called 407 W-Disney and she said I cannot make an AP reservation unless I actually currently have an AP. 2- Guess ASMo will have to do, and not get an AP.
1- She was wrong.
2- Yup. AP rates may not always be available to fit your needs.

----------------------------------
And, my amended answer above was to NOT cancel anything,
but to FIRST secure an AP room (if one was available to your liking...)

AFTER THAT, we would start working on disassembling your first reservation while keeping your FPs.

I’d do this...
Call and see IF you can get an AP room, first.
If so, book it immediately.
You don’t need to have an AP to book an AP room.
After that, we can discuss what to do with your current reservations.

NO worries. I wasn't going to cancel ANYTHING unless I got an AP room. I may try again later and see if I get a different result or possibly look at another resort.

HAHA Love the picture..... anyway in the past(like last spring) I could see on the right side drop down menu of MDE page tickets attached to my acct. Now it just shows option like view fastpass etc. NO way to look and see ticket entitlements listed. On the page now it's like a round icon below my name I can choose tickets to add etc. But nothing that shows what's n there,like 3 days etc. And yet it will allow me to make 10 days worht of FP+ if I want..... so call for this too?
I'm still not sure what it is you are seeing or not seeing in MDX, but you can certainly call and ask
for the info you want.
Some things the system is designed to reveal, other things, not so much.
But, if the system won't (or can't) reveal the info, Disney I.T. can tell you the info directly, OR what you need to do to find out.

Here is something new for me. I'm local to Disneyland so have never thought about upgrading to an AP to World, but now that I want to, I'm not sure if I can do so in a way that makes financial sense. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I bought park tickets from an authorized reseller for a trip in December of this year with my husband. However, my sister and I want to go on an additional trip this June. If I understood the FAQ correctly, I have only one (likely not very good) option if I want to upgrade to an AP:
  • contact Park Savers and see if they'd be willing to exchange my December tickets that were 5 day + waterpark, for 4 day + waterpark tickets in June, THEN visit WDW to upgrade one of these tickets to an AP. *Even if Park Savers did agree to exchange, there would not be a refund of the difference.
Am I correct in thinking this is my only option for upgrading to an AP?

Here is something new for me. I'm local to Disneyland so have never thought about upgrading to an AP to World, but now that I want to, I'm not sure if I can do so in a way that makes financial sense. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I bought park tickets from an authorized reseller for a trip in December of this year with my husband. However, my sister and I want to go on an additional trip this June. If I understood the FAQ correctly, I have only one (likely not very good) option if I want to upgrade to an AP:
  • contact Park Savers and see if they'd be willing to exchange my December tickets that were 5 day + waterpark, for 4 day + waterpark tickets in June, THEN visit WDW to upgrade one of these tickets to an AP. *Even if Park Savers did agree to exchange, there would not be a refund of the difference.
Am I correct in thinking this is my only option for upgrading to an AP?

Nope.
I don't see why you'd need to change the number of days on your Dec. tickets at all.
Just upgrade whatever tickets that you bought from ParkSavers to AP after you arrive at WDW.

Read Posts #5 & #6 in the thread on which we are now posting for more info.

(It is possible that that upgrade option will "appear" in your MDX account right after you enter the first park on your trip.)

Last edited:
Nope.
I don't see why you'd need to change the number of days on your Dec. tickets at all.
Just upgrade whatever tickets that you bought from ParkSavers to AP after you arrive at WDW.

Read Posts #5 & #6 in the thread on which we are now posting for more info.

(It is possible that that upgrade option will "appear" in your MDX account right after you enter the first park on your trip.)
the first park

Wow, thank you! I read the posts - I promise I did - I just wasn't clear on if the dates mattered. I understand now. Thank you so much!

I have one question...
It is my understanding that the credits for the DDP are all put on our account, to be used how you wish...not specific to each guest in your party...
Is this the same with your park entries?

I ask because my girlfriend and I are going with our kids but will have 2 days in WDW by ourselves (woo hoo!!!)
This also means we have 4 “extra” park entries.
We had not planned on hitting a park the day we arrive...but if the tickets are not guest specific, we could probably use 2 of those 4 “extras” that first day...even if it’s just a few hours.
Thoughts?

I have one question...
It is my understanding that the credits for the DDP are all put on our account, to be used how you wish...not specific to each guest in your party...
Is this the same with your park entries?

I ask because my girlfriend and I are going with our kids but will have 2 days in WDW by ourselves (woo hoo!!!)
This also means we have 4 “extra” park entries.
We had not planned on hitting a park the day we arrive...but if the tickets are not guest specific, we could probably use 2 of those 4 “extras” that first day...even if it’s just a few hours.
Thoughts?
Tickets are specific to each person. But you don't all have to have the same number of days on your tickets. You can add a couple of days onto you and your girlfriend's tickets.

I have a child's 7 day ticket that expired December 2018 from a 3rd party. From what I understand, that ticket retains it's value that I can use towards another ticket, but I have to do it in person at WDW.
Can I use it for an Annual Pass Voucher for an adult to be used for a different trip? If I know someone that is going to WDW before me, can they upgrade it on my behalf to an AP voucher or different kind of adult ticket? Thanks!

I have a child's 7 day ticket that expired December 2018 from a 3rd party. From what I understand, that ticket retains it's value that I can use towards another ticket,
1. but I have to do it in person at WDW.
2. Can I use it for an Annual Pass Voucher for an adult to be used for a different trip?
If I know someone that is going to WDW before me,
3. can they upgrade it on my behalf to an AP voucher or different kind of adult ticket? Thanks!

As far as I know...
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Adult ticket, yes. AP voucher, I'm not sure.

As far as I know...
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Adult ticket, yes. AP voucher, I'm not sure.
Thanks - If they are able to get me an adult flex ticket, I could still book my FP and get an AP room discount and upgrade to an AP myself in person when I arrive, right?

I am looking to purchase a 7day flex ticket through a reseller (airmiles) for the purpose of upgrading to an AP. The company just listed the tickets yesterday but they expire December 2019 and I see on Disney's website they expire 2020. Is there any way to determine the value of the ticket ahead of time (physically looking at it, MDE, calling Disney etc.)? I know it would be worth $521 (pre March increase) or $627 current price but that's a big difference.

Question part 2:
If I upgrade a ticket, say the above 7Day Flex ticket expiring December 2019 to a 7Day hopper at guest services, would it still expire in 2019 or would it get the current available expiry date of December 2020?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter