Tiggerific04's Planning Journal (WP/Gardenview Lounge/Chef Mickey's) *UPDATE 8/6

I bought mine in August/ September and exchanged it in Jan/ Feb for my May wedding. Don't wait too long b/c you want to make sure that all of your alterations are done in a timely manner. Make sure you pad your alteration finish time by 2-3 weeks so that way if something happens you still have some cushion.

Due to some family/financial issues, we had to cut the wedding back to immediate family only. Instead of a MOH and two bridesmaids, I'm only going to have my MOH there. Luckily my friends are very understanding and not easily offended since I know it's totally rude and against all wedding etiquette to "disinvite" people from your wedding party. We'll be having a ceremony at home at some point to get married in the church, so I'm hoping they can at least attend that.

I purchased my dress from DB and I know so long as your dress doesn't have any alterations and you still have your receipt, you can swap to any size of your dress style. There is no time limit for the swap.

I had a friend who was also looking for bridal gowns with me who was hoping to lose a ton of weight before her wedding, so we made sure to get the scoop on DB's dress size swap.

So no worries! And just like someone else said, make sure you allow plenty of time for alterations.

And btw, you look beautiful in your dress! I hope it all works out. :goodvibes

afinter1 said:
I purchased my dress from DB and I know so long as your dress doesn't have any alterations and you still have your receipt, you can swap to any size of your dress style. There is no time limit for the swap.

I had a friend who was also looking for bridal gowns with me who was hoping to lose a ton of weight before her wedding, so we made sure to get the scoop on DB's dress size swap.

So no worries! And just like someone else said, make sure you allow plenty of time for alterations.

And btw, you look beautiful in your dress! I hope it all works out. :goodvibes

Thanks! I went back to DB a couple weeks ago and exchanged the dress for one size larger. They looked at me like I was nuts! :crazy: I guess most brides come back looking for a smaller size.

Sent back my contract yesterday... so excited that things are finally moving forward! :woohoo:

I was disappointed that they didn't have 2:30pm available, so I took noon instead. Not sure what to do with everyone between the ceremony and dinner, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I love your dress! It looks really great on you...

I'll bet having the extra time between the ceremony and dinner will be a nice downtime for you and your new husband, lol. Are you planning on wearing your dress to the dinner?

I'll bet having the extra time between the ceremony and dinner will be a nice downtime for you and your new husband, lol. Are you planning on wearing your dress to the dinner?

One of the reasons we chose Chef Mickey's is because I want pics of me in my dress with the characters :bride: Having them at the Intimate reception just wasn't in our budget, so this is the next best thing we could think of.

I received my planning kit from Tanis yesterday and she went ahead and booked the MK photo shoot for me: 5:30am on 8/16 :banana:

Quick (silly) question: How does she pronounce her name? Does it rhyme with Janice? If I ever have to call her, I don't want to get it wrong!

Yes.. Like Janice but Tanis....(Tan-- like sunTAN and is... like a snake hiIS)

hehe..

Congrats on your date:hug:

I thought planning an Intimate would be easy since there really isn't that much to pick out... I was SO wrong.

DF doesn't think the standard cake looks wedding-ish enough, so we're thinking of upgrading to a custom cake. I sent a couple pics to Tanis and am patiently waiting for price quotes. I'm scared it's going to be expensive, but DF is willing to sacrifice his Christmas bonus, so I guess I can't complain :thumbsup2

These are the ones we like:

castlecake.jpg

zzc.jpg

The music is giving me a hard time, too. I spent all Saturday night scouring the trusty internet for audio clips of all the recommended songs that come in the planning kit. It's so hard to decide! (But I'm loving every single second of it!)

Great PJ!! I love the dress that you got, it's very princessy! Love it :) Also, yay for getting your planning kit..thats when the real fun begins!

i've been reading these boards for a while, but never posted (please don't get mad lol!) i just wanted to say that you are getting married on my birthday!! yay!! lol. also all you brides look amazing. i read the trip reports and dream of my someday (hopefully) disney wedding!! hmm anyone know where i can find my prince charming?!?! :confused3 congrats again!!

i've been reading these boards for a while, but never posted (please don't get mad lol!) i just wanted to say that you are getting married on my birthday!! yay!! lol. also all you brides look amazing. i read the trip reports and dream of my someday (hopefully) disney wedding!! hmm anyone know where i can find my prince charming?!?! :confused3 congrats again!!

Yay!! It's my dad's step-father's b-day too. :banana:

We even have the same Wedding Co-ordinator, YAY!!

How are you getting on with your choice of songs? I haven't decided on what songs we are having playing in the ceremony. To be honest I haven't even looked that closely at my planning kit *note to self, must look at kit* Do you know how many songs you should request? Also do you know if you can swap the violinist for the guitarist or something else? I noticed that guitar and flute are the same price, not even sure if I want to, but just curious.

I never thought about going to Chef Mickey's to get pics in your wedding dress, that is very smart, damn I wish I had though of that. Are you going there for lunch or dinner?

Hmmm, I love your choice of cakes, has Tanis said how much it would cost to upgrade? I think we are sticking with the intimate as their are only 3 of us, even though I love the look of those cakes....

You are way ahead of me buying your dress, I haven't even thought about buying yet, still losing weight you see. I'm thinking closer to April:scared1:

Well, DF chose "Someday My Prince Will Come" as the song for when he enters. I picked the rest: Canon in D for the bridal party, the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" for me, and the traditional recessional song. I haven't even thought about reception songs yet, except that I know I want them to play "Be Our Guest" :)

I don't know about swapping the violinist and guitarist, but ask Tanis and see what she says. As we all know, Disney will do anything for a price.

We're doing Chef Mickey's for dinner (they're not open for lunch), which poses a problem of what to do with everyone in between the ceremony/reception and dinner time. DF and I will be having pictures taken and I guess everyone else is on their own!

I'm still waiting for an estimate from the bakery for the cakes. I really think 3 layers is too much, but DF insists that they look nicer and we'll eat it all :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter