Tiggerific04's Planning Journal (WP/Gardenview Lounge/Chef Mickey's) *UPDATE 8/6

but DF insists that they look nicer and we'll eat it all :rotfl:

::yes:: I would have eaten the entire vanilla/white chocolate/passionfruit layer myself if given the opportunity...roflmao

I was disappointed that they served everyone the chocolate layer (did we really have THAT much cake???) b/c the passionfruit one was so so so much better...I wish they would have given us the rest of the uneaten cake... There were a whole bunch of passionfruit slices sitting around towards the end of the reception...you know I went and got myself a plate! lol

I've been panicking more and more about what to do with everyone after the ceremony/reception and before dinner. We're going to have like 4.5 hours to kill. DF and I will be having pictures taken with Randy until 3pm, but everyone else will just be milling around between 1:30 and 5pm.

I was thinking of going to one of the restaurants and having a mini-"cocktail hour" -- ordering appetizers and drinks. That way everyone would be inside in the A/C and they'd get something light to eat and would be able to relax a little before dinner.

Sooo, that leads us to the choices. Here's what I came up: (PLEASE give me opinions!)

Garden View Lounge - Afternoon Tea -- I think this would be perfect, but I'm not sure if DF's family would go for the English "frou-frou" food.

Grand Floridian Cafe -- appetizers and desserts

Outer Rim - Contemporary -- anyone know what time this place opens??

Concourse Steakhouse -- appetizers and desserts

Contemporary Grounds -- has anyone been here? Are there tables and somewhere to sit?

Kona Cafe -- appetizers and desserts

Hi

Another poster told me this on the restaurant board, I don't know if it's the case but it's worth asking about.

"Did you realise that the GF Cafe will be hosting the 1900 Park Fair meals as 1900 is closed from 9th July to 1st October? I read that somewhere else will be having a similar menu to GDC but can't remember where sorry "

I sure hope this isn't true, we were planning on having our wedding lunch there and if they are hosting these meals, it's not what I'm after at all. Guess we're going to Kona then!

Ok, we decided on Afternoon Tea at the GF. We'll have tea and drinks and little sandwiches... a nice classy way to start off our reception before heading over for Chef Mickey's :lmao:

I just emailed Rosie to ask about bouquets. I really like the variety of flowers in the Tussy Mussy, but I was hoping it could be hand-tied instead. And I absolutely love these roses I found on the Martha Stewart weddings site:

MSOpinkrose25_l.jpg

I sent her this picture as well, as I would prefer roses that were open like that.

DF and I decided against spending the extra money on a custom cake. I like these two Intimate cakes with the pink flowers:

77497cake.jpg

cake_pinkflowers.jpg

And now for hair. I really want my hair half-up half-down, but I'm concerned about the humidity and the heat. The middle of August is going to be steaming hot and maybe an updo would make more sense. These are some styles I've been looking at:

half-updo2.jpg

bride-ang2.jpg

010_primary.jpg

Bob-20Old20Shoot.jpg

Brianna2.jpg

Any opinions? Here's a pic of me in my dress again (making the stupidest face ever):

IMG_1436.jpg

I haven't bought a veil yet, but I know for sure that I don't want it over my head like it is in that photo. I want it just at the back of my head like in the sample hairstyle photos.

This would be really pretty! :thumbsup2 Hey! I used Hair Comes the Bride... :) My hairstyle ended up being half up half down, too...

Are you going to buy or make your veil?

I may have gotten the link to that site from you then :rotfl: I was doing lots of searches on the DIS last night for hair pics and ideas.

I was going to attempt to make my veil to save some money, but I'm not crafty at ALL so it will probably be more trouble than it's worth (although I am going to make my MOH's bouquet). I've been scouring eBay looking for a veil I really liked at David's Bridal -- it was $175 :scared1:

I like dress 1 but I cant see dress 2.. Maybe b/c I am at work and the computers arent that great.. I will check when I get home:cool1:

Brianna2.jpg

I like this one, I love the little clips in her hair. I'm not normally one for updos as I don't think I can handle having my hair completely back, but this one is beautiful. I hear what you're saying about the heat playing havoc with your hair, I was intending having my hair down but I'm worried about the humidity. Have you tried any virtual makeover sites? That's what I've been doing, they are great and you can try on loads of different hairstyles.

Have you checked with The GFC? I was told yesterday that they won't be serving little sandwiches and tea, but Citricos will be doing something similar to The GFC menu.

Have you checked with The GFC? I was told yesterday that they won't be serving little sandwiches and tea, but Citricos will be doing something similar to The GFC menu.

We actually decided on the Garden View Lounge instead of GFC. If I can't get a seating at GVL, then I guess I'll look into Citricos as well.

Brianna2.jpg

I like this one, I love the little clips in her hair. I'm not normally one for updos as I don't think I can handle having my hair completely back, but this one is beautiful. I hear what you're saying about the heat playing havoc with your hair, I was intending having my hair down but I'm worried about the humidity. Have you tried any virtual makeover sites? That's what I've been doing, they are great and you can try on loads of different hairstyles.

Thats my favorite hairstyle as well-- in fact that was similar to what I wanted on my wedding day-- but ended up with less than that...

DF and I are in the process of choosing our wedding bands, but I'm having a hard time finding something that will match my engagement ring:

ring.jpg

Here are some I'm considering:

AB55505300_zoom.jpg

AB59500100_zoom.jpg

AB15500500_zoom.jpg

And this is the one DF picked out for himself:

AB24500100_zoom.jpg

Since we're on a pretty tight budget, I wasn't going to decorate the Wedding Pavilion at all, but now I'm thinking that the altar might be too plain with nothing on it. I was thinking something simple like this with maybe some rose petals scattered around?

P1032_wlA.jpg

I think I like the third ring the best and I love what your DF has picked out for himself.

I love that centrepiece for the altar, can that be used in place of a Unity Candle arrangement? I think that looks much nicer. How much was it?

I have a question about your cake. You originally wanted to upgrade and I have sent in a pic to Tanis and she has sent it on to the Boardwalk Bakery to get a price quote. Was your upgrade going to be really expensive? I haven't asked for much of an upgrade, but I'm now worried that it will be really overpriced. If so I guess I'll just have to go back to the Intimate cake and steal a pic of Maggies and send that into Tanis.

Don't you just find there are loads of extra costs just sneaking in....?

DF and I decided against spending the extra money on a custom cake. I like these two Intimate cakes with the pink flowers:

77497cake.jpg

just realised that this is my cake! good choice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter