TikTok TAs Teasing big announcement on 1/5/23

Shrfleen

DIS Veteran
I am curious if anyone else as seen the teasing of a "big" announcement coming tomorrow 1/5/23? I've seen a couple TAs posting videos about it on TikTok but haven't seen it anywhere else. Anyone have an idea of what it could be!

I am curious if anyone else as seen the teasing of a "big" announcement coming tomorrow 1/5/23? I've seen a couple TAs posting videos about it on TikTok but haven't seen it anywhere else. Anyone have an idea of what it could be!
bet its the dining card thats been confirmed

Interesting that rack rates all increased from yesterday. You get a dining card, but pay more for the room. I still think there is a small savings, if they do not do room rate discounts later on. Especially since the dining card is per room, not per person. For 2 it could work out, for a family, maybe not. Disney is not losing money.

Interesting that rack rates all increased from yesterday. You get a dining card, but pay more for the room. I still think there is a small savings, if they do not do room rate discounts later on. Especially since the dining card is per room, not per person. For 2 it could work out, for a family, maybe not. Disney is not losing money.

There are rumors of a room discount being announced tomorrow too.

This tells me they are having issues filling rooms and bookings are not where they want them to be.
Would not surprise me - revenge travel has to slow down at some point - and now the constant talk of recession will cause many to pull back big expenditures, a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy in that case.

Would not surprise me - revenge travel has to slow down at some point - and now the constant talk of recession will cause many to pull back big expenditures, a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy in that case.
That being said, holy crap are the parks packed this week, it felt more like spring break than post holidays yesterday and today.

This was the first time I've noticed TAs on social "tease" such a "big" announcement. I was def disappointed when I saw people commenting it was the dining card. Looking forward to the room discount as it may actually help me. We'll see.

I wonder if the DDP will be replaced with dining GC's.
You would be able to use gc how you want to. Maybe?
As someone who doesn’t use the DDP, I would greatly prefer this rather than being stuck behind that person in line who is a DDP newbie and doesn’t realize they must order a salad and a dessert and then must track down the other members of their party to discuss and no one wants that much food because it’s hot outside, and I just want to buy a bottle of water.

That being said, holy crap are the parks packed this week, it felt more like spring break than post holidays yesterday and today.

Attendance numbers are actually down on the whole. That's a combination of Disney cutting offerings, as well as the myth that's no longer true for the "off peak" crowd levels.

Everyone has been conditioned to think that month A and month B are the best times to go and no one wants to spend $600 for a family of 4 to stand in those lines for a day, so they all now go during the "off" season.

It feels crowded partly due to many people waiting for their next return time. Also the reservation system is working to push people to all parks making every park equally crowded.

Sigh, still waiting for an announcement that benefits me in particular. I can’t get an AP because they aren’t being sold right now and with the gift card not applicable to merchandise not sure I would be able to spend it. And without a physical card option, another expectation that folks use their phone. I’d be happy if I had an AP right now! So, I am sure some folks are loving these options. I know I’m not their target audience right now.

It feels crowded partly due to many people waiting for their next return time. Also the reservation system is working to push people to all parks making every park equally crowded.
Agree with your second comment but the first was not at all true this week - the actual lines, standby and LL, were longer than I have ever seen in a couple of decades of park going, some were even longer than the one time we made the mistake of going during spring break. Even the A/B ticket rides were approaching an hour. And even with all those lines soaking up people, the walkways and shops were still packed. Just crazy.

I wonder if the DDP will be replaced with dining GC's.
You would be able to use gc how you want to. Maybe?
That was my thought, too. Maybe a test for a Dining Plan replacement. Buy a $500 card for $400 or such like, use it for any dining onsite. It would be a lot more flexible than the dining plans were, and people would feel like they got a “deal.”

The TA priced our original reservation with the Disney Visa offer that got us 10% off at POP against the new 15% offer and the original was better. He said Disney raised the rack rate on the room.

The TA priced our original reservation with the Disney Visa offer that got us 10% off at POP against the new 15% offer and the original was better. He said Disney raised the rack rate on the room.
I’ve seen several people on Twitter say that when they priced their value and moderate packages with the new deal it increased in price and the GC wasn’t enough of an incentive to make them rebook. I haven’t seen any deluxe people post the same. Maybe I just missed those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter