Time for a Disney Do-Over!! It's a GO!

:banana:on getting a non-stop flight! and getting to Disney earlier in the day. I usually plan on getting an early flight out too. We are planning to drive this trip, so I don't have worry about flights.

We always start out at the MK too on the first day and end there on the last day, although when we went in March we were only there for 4 days and there was not an opportunity to get back to the MK on the last day.

Sounds like a good trade off with your neighbors - kids and dogs for tools!!!!:love:

I'm really excited to get there non-stop and so early! And don't think I didn't try for coming a day earlier. Dan absolutely HAS to be at work on the 9th. Boo. But at least we'll get to hook up somewhere at some time.:cool1:

How have i NOT replied on this report?!?!

i swear i have?!? I know we were messaging back and forth but DANG IT i haven't posted here??? Geesh what a bad Dis'er! SORRY!!! :hug:

I cannot believe we will all be in Disney TOGETHER!!! I AM SO SO HAPPY!!!

Sorry D~ i know your upset about this...
Yet you did do Disney with Suzi... :thumbsup2

I think a Tuesday for the party is a great idea!!!

I thought you had too, but you've had just a few things going on in your life, so don't sweat it! I am over the moon excited to meet you and Tess!!! And I hate that D~ won't be there too. Looking more and more like I'll have to drive up there and stalk her!:lmao:

I hope life is getting back to normal for you. You've been through a lot. Thanks for stopping by.:hug:

********************************************************************************************************************************

Well, I'm sure everyone has heard by now that the EMH have been changed affecting trips from August through December. Fortunately, it only changed on two of our days and isn't a problem for us. I feel so badly for those whose plans are messed up due to the changes.

I've decided to do the MNSSHP on Tuesday. Dan still doesn't know we're going. He said he didn't want to go, but I think he just didn't want to spend the money, since he loved it last time. I have no idea what we'll wear for costumes. I'll have to think about that…soon!

Also, I found out today that Mickey's Philharmagic is down for referb while we're there. That's the only one I'm bummed about. I just love that show! I've never been on Astro Orbiter, which is also down. There's one more, but I can't think what it is. The big thing is that Splash will be up and running, since it was down in February. :woohoo:

The only new restaurant on our ADR list is Chef Mickey. I'm always torn between trying something new and going back to our favorites. I have one table service unspoken for, so I'm stalking the ADR site every day to see what I can snag. Here is our ADR list:

Arrival day: lunch at BOG, no ts (yet)

Day 2: Grand Floridian Cafe 6:35PM

Day 3: Chef's de France 6:20PM

Day 4: Chef Mickey's 6:20PM

Day 5: Hollywood & Vine 6:45PM

Day 6: Tony's Town Square 4:45PM (trying to get a later time)

Day 7: Teppan Edo 1:30PM

Day 8: no ts scheduled

What do you all think? Do you have any suggestions for me? We haven't been to H&V for years. I've heard they've changed their buffet menu, so I'm ready to try it again. We are not partial to buffets, but it's hard to avoid them at Disney.

I have a sore throat and cold, so have been sleeping my life away the past two days. Thinking of Terri when she was soooo sick and had two little ones to care for, I was grateful I could doze whenever I needed to. With age does come a few perks! I have a dr appt. for blood work tomorrow, so maybe she'll give me a zpack or something for this gunk while I'm there. I also have my last follow up appointment with the retina dr. I hope I don't start coughing while he's got those instruments in my eye!!!:scared1:

So, I hope everyone is having a great day and an even better tomorrow!:thumbsup2

Hi Lois! I'm finally here. Luckily I wasn't too far behind. I was going to suggest Tuesday for the MNSSHP but I see you already picked that day. I did a lot of research when Jim and I were going last October and it seems like the weekdays are better because a lot of the locals go on the weekends.

I think your ADRs look great! I always try to mix some old favorites with some new ones. I'm starting to run out of new ones though because I'm so picky. Most of the restaurants around world showcase and most of the signature ones are not an option for me.

I saw in your TR that you mentioned the FP for BOG. Did you know you can get one even if you don't get the e-mail? Here's the link:

Be Our Guest Lunch Fast Pass

Times don't open until about a month before so if you get "no availability" just keep trying. Of course in September you may not even it with the lower crowds. The Braised Pork for lunch looks wonderful but unfortunately I can't eat pork. :sad1: I had the turkey sandwich in May and it was wonderful!

Can't wait to read more.

HOLD THE PHONE!!!!

What the what!?!?!? How did I miss that you started a PTR!?!? Thank goodness someone commented on your last TR and I noticed today!! I feel so silly!!

Ok- FIRST off...

Who am I you might ask? Well, my name is Lois and I love all things Disney. My husband, Dan, is making this do-over possible and I'm so excited. As a good DIS friends would say: Squeeeeeee!!

I wonder who that is?!?! :rolleyes1 Tee-hee, this made me happy! :lovestruc

Okay, now, down to planning. I know I totally missed it, but SO glad you upgraded to regular dining! That's one of the best parts! Eating all that yummy food and not worrying about having to whip out your wallet after each meal and totally be a buzz kill! I think you will be happy with this decision!

Second, your plans and ADRs look great to me, I've not tried them all, like the GF Cafe, but I doubt you can too wrong at Disney! There seems to be very few meals to avoid! ;)

So is this trip just you and Dan, right? Wasn't sure if I read that correctly... if so, how FUN!! I can't wait for the day when the hubs and I go alone, I doubt that will be anytime in my near future... :rotfl:

Again, so glad you like those socks! Glad I mentioned them in my PTR and it's helped someone else! This is why the Dis is sooooo great!!

I still can't believe we are missing each other by only 10 measly days...and we are at the same resort. Would have bee so nice to meet you Lois! But so happy you get to meet Mo and Tess, how AWESOME is that! I can only imagine the fun you will encounter with those two... I still get sad when I think back to my last trip and how I was there the same time as D~ but it never worked out for us to meet up. I reckon' we will all be going many, many more times though so we are ALL bound to bump into each other eventually!

Anyway, I want to read more!! You must post on your FP+ ideas, because thats the stage I am planning now and I am wanting to see what everyone is doing! I am going to check out that link you posted to the thread with the 11 FP+ too!

popcorn::

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! I fell of the boards (for practically the whole month of June :lmao:), but now I'm back and you have a new ptr!!!!!! :cool1: Although, I am a little bummed that I will miss you!!! But you get to meet Mo!!! Awesome! She seems like so much fun!

Your little getaway looked great!!!! I love the patios, so nice!

I can't wait to see everyone's fp choices. mom and I have been working on ours, it's coming up so quick!!!!!!!! :banana:

Yay for flights being changed to better times... It's always nice to get to WDW early!

OK -someone please tell me about these Thorlo socks... I missed it in Terri's PTR and I can't seem to find it.

I hope you are feeling better soon - or by now, at least.

Love all of the meals you have planned!

Wish I could help you out with MNSSHP - back when we went - the last time was 6 years ago now - it was better to do week days an the closer you got to halloween, the more crowded it got...

Terri: I am also still bummed that we never got a chance to meet up... Someday!

I wish I could switch my trip dates for when you all are there... We will be missing eachother by a matter of days - it makes me so sad. Who knows, maybe I'll show up and crash your party. :thumbsup2

D~

I thought you had too, but you've had just a few things going on in your life, so don't sweat it! I am over the moon excited to meet you and Tess!!! And I hate that D~ won't be there too. Looking more and more like I'll have to drive up there and stalk her!:lmao:

I hope life is getting back to normal for you. You've been through a lot. Thanks for stopping by.:hug:

Thanks.. No excuse for not posting SOMETHING!!! Total bad friend.. :mad:
Yes.. I fully support stalking D~ If you need help let me know, my stalker tendencies are pretty awesome..

As for Tess.. (Again i have been a horrible friend)
She is one of a kind fabulous person inside and out. I am truly lucky to have met her and now call a friend!!! :hug:

Now let's see if i can get my dates with this...
Arrival day: lunch at BOG, no ts (yet)

We will be in HS.

Day 2: Grand Floridian Cafe 6:35PM

We will be in AK.. I think you need to change your plans if this isn't working out... :lmao:

Day 3: Chef's de France 6:20PM

FINALLY!!! We will be in Epcot!!!! YAY! a Lois day!!! Tess??? where will you be here???

Day 4: Chef Mickey's 6:20PM

we will be in MK!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO 2 days of stalking Lois!!! :cool1: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Day 5: Hollywood & Vine 6:45PM

ohhh What's this??? WE WILL BE IN HS!!!! 3 days of stalking Lois!!! aren't you a lucky gal!!!

I have a sore throat and cold, so have been sleeping my life away the past two days.

Hope your feeling better!!!

But you get to meet Mo!!! Awesome! She seems like so much fun!

I totally am...

We have ressies at Ragland Road on your arrival day.....just sayin'

OK OK.. HOLD DA PHONE... you both will be in DTD without me?!?!?!

I have to put a stop to this madness... at once...

Lois... Because I am missing all of my Dis buds in disney... I fully support you stalking D~. :)

Also... This is your ptr right? I've been here a few times, I think? If not, I dreamed I did. ;). Lol

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

D~

Hi Lois! I'm finally here. Luckily I wasn't too far behind. I was going to suggest Tuesday for the MNSSHP but I see you already picked that day. I did a lot of research when Jim and I were going last October and it seems like the weekdays are better because a lot of the locals go on the weekends.

Hi Ariana!! So glad you're here!
That makes perfect sense to me. I think it being a weekday and so early in the month, it will be pretty good crowd-wise. Here's hoping the weather will be good as well. That's the only thing that concerns me when buying so far ahead.

I think your ADRs look great! I always try to mix some old favorites with some new ones. I'm starting to run out of new ones though because I'm so picky. Most of the restaurants around world showcase and most of the signature ones are not an option for me.

We are fortunate that we do not have particularly sophisticated palates! :rotfl: We enjoy a wide range of tastes, which makes dining at Disney pretty easy for us, even though I can't have gluten or dairy. I feel for you!

I saw in your TR that you mentioned the FP for BOG. Did you know you can get one even if you don't get the e-mail? Here's the link:

Be Our Guest Lunch Fast Pass

Times don't open until about a month before so if you get "no availability" just keep trying. Of course in September you may not even it with the lower crowds. The Braised Pork for lunch looks wonderful but unfortunately I can't eat pork. I had the turkey sandwich in May and it was wonderful!

Can't wait to read more.

Ooooh, thanks for the link! I had a link last year, but have no clue where I jotted it down. It never did work for me last September. I will definitely give it a try. If it doesn't work, I'll stand in line. It goes really quickly. Dan usually gets the salad with the tuna and loves it. But he likes to snitch bites of mine too.:rolleyes1

HOLD THE PHONE!!!!

What the what!?!?!? How did I miss that you started a PTR!?!? Thank goodness someone commented on your last TR and I noticed today!! I feel so silly!!

No worries! I'm pretty sure I started it when you were so very sick. Glad you are here now!!

Ok- FIRST off...

I wonder who that is?!?! :rolleyes1 Tee-hee, this made me happy!

Yep, that's you kiddo! You always make me smile with your enthusiasm and excitement jumping off the page!:goodvibes

Okay, now, down to planning. I know I totally missed it, but SO glad you upgraded to regular dining! That's one of the best parts! Eating all that yummy food and not worrying about having to whip out your wallet after each meal and totally be a buzz kill! I think you will be happy with this decision!

Me too!!! Our thought was to try a different route this time and see how it went. But since we've had regular (free) dining every trip since they started it, I think we would have missed it. We're just so spoiled!

Second, your plans and ADRs look great to me, I've not tried them all, like the GF Cafe, but I doubt you can too wrong at Disney! There seems to be very few meals to avoid!

We first tried GF Cafe in 2011 and loved it. The food is really good, the service wonderful, and it's a little bit quieter atmosphere. I think it gets overlooked because of all the character meals at the other restaurants at the GF. Dan would be really disappointed if we didn't eat here.

So is this trip just you and Dan, right? Wasn't sure if I read that correctly... if so, how FUN!! I can't wait for the day when the hubs and I go alone, I doubt that will be anytime in my near future...

Yes, just the two of us. We absolutely love being there with family, but we have so much fun just the two of us. We like the same things and it's so easy to be flexible when we just have to consult each other. Dan defers to me on everything since I'm the planner, so it works really well.

Again, so glad you like those socks! Glad I mentioned them in my PTR and it's helped someone else! This is why the Dis is sooooo great!!

So true!:hug: I hope they work as well for you!

I still can't believe we are missing each other by only 10 measly days...and we are at the same resort. Would have bee so nice to meet you Lois! But so happy you get to meet Mo and Tess, how AWESOME is that! I can only imagine the fun you will encounter with those two... I still get sad when I think back to my last trip and how I was there the same time as D~ but it never worked out for us to meet up. I reckon' we will all be going many, many more times though so we are ALL bound to bump into each other eventually! [/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to be missing you too! And Raina and Trish. You guys are going to have a blast together! And yes, I'm so pumped to be meeting Mo and Tess and their families!!:cheer2: And I would be bummed to find that I was there the same time as a good DIS friend and didn't get to see them too! Yep, if we all keep going, we will eventually meet everyone. At least we need to keep trying, right??

Anyway, I want to read more!! You must post on your FP+ ideas, because thats the stage I am planning now and I am wanting to see what everyone is doing! I am going to check out that link you posted to the thread with the 11 FP+ too!

Yes! Check out that link. There's a lot of good information there. I found it very helpful. I will post my FP+ ideas as soon as I have any!:lmao: I am just now getting my plans in my head and will be working on them this coming week.

Hope you're having fun this weekend. Your shoes are still blowing me away! Maybe you'll be able to pay for your next trip by doing those shoes! Awesome!:yay:

Yaaaaayyyyy!!! I fell of the boards (for practically the whole month of June :lmao:), but now I'm back and you have a new ptr!!!!!! Although, I am a little bummed that I will miss you!!! But you get to meet Mo!!! Awesome! She seems like so much fun!

:wave: Hi Raina! So glad you're back on the DIS! I know you're working crazy extra hours. Hope you're taking good care of yourself while you're at it!

Yes, I was sorry to have to miss meeting you and all the family, also I'm missing Ruth (SEWMESS), which bums me. But I'm sooo excited to meet Tess and Mo and their families!! I just want to meet everyone!:grouphug:

Your little getaway looked great!!!! I love the patios, so nice!

I can't wait to see everyone's fp choices. mom and I have been working on ours, it's coming up so quick!!!!!!!!

Yes, the weekend was fantastic! Great place!

I will be working on my FP choices this week. Going in September, FP isn't as crucial as it is at more crowded times, but it helps a lot with the perpetually hard to get rides/greets. So I'm not as concerned about them. Also, since it's just the two of us, that makes things so much easier. When you have to factor in families and differences in what they can/want to ride, it could get confusing very quickly! I posted a link on the first page about someone getting and using a total of 11 Fps in one day. You may find it helpful. Although looking at your plans, you seem to have it firmly under control!:thumbsup2

We have ressies at Ragland Road on your arrival day.....just sayin'

I sent you a PM!:goodvibes

Yay for flights being changed to better times... It's always nice to get to WDW early!

We love getting there early and really taking advantage of that first day! The two hour trip to and from the airport isn't ideal, but worth it, we think!

OK -someone please tell me about these Thorlo socks... I missed it in Terri's PTR and I can't seem to find it.

These are socks that are padded. You cannot wear them with flip flops I don't think. Anyway, they wick away the moisture so your feet don't develop blisters or get too hot. The ones I got are specially made for distance walking. I've been wearing them to work out and then for the rest of the day and my feet are loving them! Here's a link:

https://www.thorlo.com

Now, they are expensive, but there are people who say they wear the and can't wear them out, so they last a long time.

I hope you are feeling better soon - or by now, at least.

I am feeling better today. Thanks!

Love all of the meals you have planned!

Thanks! I may switch out the Tony's for something else. Still trying to get BOG.

Wish I could help you out with MNSSHP - back when we went - the last time was 6 years ago now - it was better to do week days an the closer you got to halloween, the more crowded it got...

Terri: I am also still bummed that we never got a chance to meet up... Someday!

I wish I could switch my trip dates for when you all are there... We will be missing eachother by a matter of days - it makes me so sad. Who knows, maybe I'll show up and crash your party.

D~

Yes, I think it's still better to do MNSSHP on a weekday. At least I'm counting on that!

You just feel free to crash our party any time!! Ditch your nephew and his beautiful wife and baby and come back down! :rotfl2: We'll make it worth your while.

Thanks.. No excuse for not posting SOMETHING!!! Total bad friend..
Yes.. I fully support stalking D~ If you need help let me know, my stalker tendencies are pretty awesome..

:lmao::lmao:

As for Tess.. (Again i have been a horrible friend)
She is one of a kind fabulous person inside and out. I am truly lucky to have met her and now call a friend!!!

Awww, somewhere Tess is blushing! This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!

Now let's see if i can get my dates with this...

We will be in HS.

We will be in AK.. I think you need to change your plans if this isn't working out...

FINALLY!!! We will be in Epcot!!!! YAY! a Lois day!!! Tess??? where will you be here???

we will be in MK!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO 2 days of stalking Lois!!! :cool1:

ohhh What's this??? WE WILL BE IN HS!!!! 3 days of stalking Lois!!! aren't you a lucky gal!!!

Why, yes. Yes I am lucky!!:yay: We will have figure out when and where to meet up. I was totally willing to change plans if nothing worked out, but looks like that won't be a problem. Soooo happy!:cool1:

Hope your feeling better!!!

I am feeling better. Thanks!:flower3:

I totally am...

See…she totally is!! There is not doubt!:rotfl:

OK OK.. HOLD DA PHONE... you both will be in DTD without me?!?!?!

I have to put a stop to this madness... at once...

Things are in the works…:rolleyes1

I have to tell you a funny story. Dan has to work today but from home. He took his laptop outside on the patio and came in the house for something, saw me on the DIS and I was laughing. He said: "What? Is it Mo?" And it totally was! :lmao: See, even he "gets" you!:hug:

Lois... Because I am missing all of my Dis buds in disney... I fully support you stalking D~.

Also... This is your ptr right? I've been here a few times, I think? If not, I dreamed I did. . Lol

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

D~

Oh my gosh! I am sooo embarrassed!:blush: I think I am the one in lala land!

Thanks! Hope yours goes well and you get a lot of relaxation in. I know, not likely, but it could happen.

Well, I went to the doctor yesterday morning and she ordered a Z pack for me. I'm on my second day now and I think I'm a little better. I usually get bronchitis, so am hoping to get this early enough that it doesn't go there this time.

The visit to the Retina specialist went well too. He's so busy I'm never there less than 90 minutes, most of it waiting. But all looked fine, so that is the last visit I'll have to make, hopefully forever.

Nothing new on the Disney front yet. I was hoping to get to the store and get my gift cards to buy my MNSSHP tickets (so Dan won't see them on the CC). But with being sick, I didn't make it. Looks like it will have to wait until Monday now. I can't wait to surprise him! Still wondering what to do for costumes…

I haven't actually upgraded our dining yet. I'm stalking the website to see if a mod opens up that has a regular room and seeing what the difference would be to switch as opposed to just paying more for the dining.

Oh, I saw a photo of the new mugs they have now and think they're pretty cute. Has anyone else seen them? I like the color choices…there's a purple one with my name on it!

Ok, I need to go make lunch for Dan and I. I haven't been very hungry since being sick and I tend to forget meals. Good thing Dan is here to remind me! Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!!

I hope everyone had a fun or relaxing weekend, whichever you prefer.

I am feeling worse than I did yesterday. This cough is just beating me up! But, I have to get out and do some errands and get groceries or we'll starve. Not really, but sometimes I'm a drama queen…::yes::

I also hope to get to Walmart or Joann's to get some tulle to finish a skirt I started for Caroline. I need to get it in the mail TODAY! Emily and the girls are joining Josh and going to Italy! In a week! They are expediting the girls passports (ridiculous for a 21 month old and a 5 year old to need passports!), and getting people to tend to things like yard work and watering etc. The Army is sending Josh to Italy for 6 weeks and then to Germany for 4 weeks. And he just got back from Kuait a few weeks ago. There was no way Emily was going to be without him for another 2 1/2 months. He already missed so much of Caroline growing from baby to toddler. I'm excited for them to be able to go.

And I haven't updated about Jennifer in a while. She was sent by her doctor to a specialist in Baltimore and after a four hour wait (with their 10 month old) was finally seen. She got a splint to replace the brace she had been wearing and the doctor said her leg would be straight in 6 weeks!! I guess that was worth the wait! She's been using it for a week and already sees a difference. Others have even commented on how much better she's walking. She only wears it twice a day for 45 minutes. She has to sit in a recliner and lay back as much as possible. Needless to say, with 4 kids, she is having trouble carving out 45 minutes during the day. But she's doing as much as she can. She wants to walk right!:crutches:

Also, this new doctor told her when she has her surgery in a year to totally fix her leg, she will be out of commission for 6 weeks, meaning no weight bearing. Jennifer told her that was impossible. The doctor just said they would discuss it closer to the time of surgery. I know I could put in another 4 weeks, but beyond that, I don't think I could do it. No sense thinking too hard about it until the time comes, though.

I don't really have any Disney news to report. I sort of fell behind while I was sick and haven't been doing much in that arena. I just think about it all the time.

So, everyone have a great day and I hope to have some news on the Disney front to share soon. Some really exciting news. :cool1:

Oh, and I would like all of you to tell me why you like memory maker or why you don't. We only got it once and it just wasn't worth it to us since we didn't do many character meals and we hated stopping constantly for photos just to try to get a lot of them. It was before so many rides were available on them, so that may make a difference. I'd just like you all to give me your thought on it on way or the other. I want to want it!! Thanks!!

I hate that you are feeling worse!!! Maybe you have to get a little worse before you feel better!!!:thumbsup2

Yay!!! They get to go to Europe with him! That will be so cool!

Wow glad your family gets to go to Italy and spend some time together, what a blessing.

And great news on Jennifer! You're right don't stress about the surgery too much until it's time, it will all work out!

Memory maker! I loved it! My thought is you're going for 8 days, at $150 that's about $18 a day, one single ride photo costs $20 so if you do at least one ride it pays for itself! I looooove the ride photos soooo much fun! Even if you don't do a lot of characters you'll surely want to stop at the park icons at least once in each park for a good pic too. So for me it's way worth it :-)

Ohh I agree With Terry.. Salt water kicked the cough out of my kids last week! My Niece did it for them! worked like a charm.

ITALY! WOO HOO!!

Tell Dan he hasn't seen nothing yet.. :lmao:

HA! no changing dates yet, we have a couple of days int eh same parks. But you need to get your behind over to that Facebook page!

My Friend Nicole will be in the world her arrival day is my last day. hope we can all meet up?

Hi Lois! Sorry you are feeling crummy. Jim's been coughing too for about a week. No fun for him or me as he keeps waking me up at night. I'm struggling to stay awake here at work today.

So you asked about Memory Maker. I've gotten it every trip and love having it. Mainly because it's really the only way I can get photos of myself since I am the designated photographer. I know you can ask the PP photographers to take your picture with your camera but for some reason I always feel guilty asking. I also love having the ride photos now. I will say that we didn't use it a lot during the family trip because we did very few character greets. But I still feel it was worth it once you divide out the cost per photo. Of course when Jim and I went in May, we got serious use out of it because he loves to meet the characters. We got tons of photos even though we were only there three days. I divided it out and although I can't remember how many pictures we got it worked out to less than $2 a photo. Not bad when they charge like $15 to buy one afterwards.

I've been missing in action from my own PTR! I am completely over my sinus infection now, so that's a blessing! We decided on Wednesday to go to Virginia the next day!!! Okay, so I'm so far behind around the house and had to quickly do laundry and pack and get the house in order. Not too hard since it's just Dan and I, but for some reason, dust just seems to keep coming back every week…:rolleyes:

I had made dinner for Dan's sister since she broke her foot and had surgery on Tuesday. So I picked Dan up from work, dropped off the meal and we took off for Virginia. We had a pretty good trip out to Va. A little rain, but I'm not complaining after what others had. :sad2:

The entire weekend was fabulous! Lots of fun with the grandkids and when they were in bed, we played cards, visited, and watched a movie. On the 4th we went to the pool and there was a DJ playing tunes, which was fun. The only bad thing was, I brought a bathing suit, but when I put it on realized it had deteriorated and I couldn't wear it.:scared1: I hadn't had that one on in two years!! Sooo, while everyone else was in the pool, I stood nearby and watched them or sat in the shade. Guess I'll be heading to Sears to check out the Lands End suits!

Our SIL had bought some fireworks to set off, so we sat in the driveway while he did that. We could also see fireworks being set off somewhere nearby, so that was cool. Since the baby was in bed, we couldn't go anywhere, but the kids had a blast anyway.

I found Jen's walking to be much the same. Not improved. But…she hasn't been faithfully using the splint. She manages once a day, but the two a day just is so hard with all the kids. She needs to make herself a priority, which is so hard for all of us moms!

On the Disney front: I'm 90% sure Miles is going to want to go in April. He talked about it a lot while we were there and when I asked if he would be willing to get on a plane, he said he was. Sooo, if we get a good bounce-back offer, we will be all over it! I really hope he doesn't change his mind about the plane!

As far as our September trip, I really need to get my head into the game here and come up with costumes for our MNSSHP. I also need to get a couple of shorts for me and I would love to get new swim trunks for Dan. He says he doesn't need them, but he's had the same ones for more years than I can remember. I let a 30% Kohls discount expire while I was sick. Now I'll just have to hope I find some good sales.

Have a great day everyone!:cheer2:

I hate that you are feeling worse!!! Maybe you have to get a little worse before you feel better!!!:thumbsup2

Yay!!! They get to go to Europe with him! That will be so cool!

Yes, I feel lots better. My ears popped while we were traveling to Virginia and that helped a lot!!

Yes, they leave tomorrow. Those little girls travel more than I do! And to more fun places!

Wow glad your family gets to go to Italy and spend some time together, what a blessing.

And great news on Jennifer! You're right don't stress about the surgery too much until it's time, it will all work out!

Memory maker! I loved it! My thought is you're going for 8 days, at $150 that's about $18 a day, one single ride photo costs $20 so if you do at least one ride it pays for itself! I looooove the ride photos soooo much fun! Even if you don't do a lot of characters you'll surely want to stop at the park icons at least once in each park for a good pic too. So for me it's way worth it :-)

Thanks for the input for MM. I would love some of the ride photos. We don't do a lot of character meets…like none…unless we have our Grandchildren with us. Well, I shouldn't say that because I had my picture taken with the Beast and we do go to character meals. I guess it's more than I thought. I'll keep it in mind.

Oh and have you tried some salt water gargling for that throat?

Oh my, the gargling salt water routine. Yes, that was all my mom used on us. I used it on our kids and I never even thought about it while I was sick!! (I really think they should have a head slap smilie!) Thanks for the reminder!

Ohh I agree With Terry.. Salt water kicked the cough out of my kids last week! My Niece did it for them! worked like a charm.

ITALY! WOO HOO!!

Tell Dan he hasn't seen nothing yet.. :lmao:

HA! no changing dates yet, we have a couple of days int eh same parks. But you need to get your behind over to that Facebook page!

My Friend Nicole will be in the world her arrival day is my last day. hope we can all meet up?

Yeah, if only I had remembered about the salt water! :upsidedow

HaHa! Now every time I laugh, he thinks it's you!:lmao:

I'll head over to the Facebook page later today. I've been on the computer all morning and haven't even stopped for breakfast yet….:crazy2:

Hi Lois! Sorry you are feeling crummy. Jim's been coughing too for about a week. No fun for him or me as he keeps waking me up at night. I'm struggling to stay awake here at work today.

So you asked about Memory Maker. I've gotten it every trip and love having it. Mainly because it's really the only way I can get photos of myself since I am the designated photographer. I know you can ask the PP photographers to take your picture with your camera but for some reason I always feel guilty asking. I also love having the ride photos now. I will say that we didn't use it a lot during the family trip because we did very few character greets. But I still feel it was worth it once you divide out the cost per photo. Of course when Jim and I went in May, we got serious use out of it because he loves to meet the characters. We got tons of photos even though we were only there three days. I divided it out and although I can't remember how many pictures we got it worked out to less than $2 a photo. Not bad when they charge like $15 to buy one afterwards.

Hope Jim is feeling better by now and you both are getting caught up on your sleep. I'm all better, thankfully!

I hate to have my picture taken. Anywhere. I think that's why I never cared about photo pass or MM. But my kids pointed out to me that they need photos of me while I'm on this earth. I've been like that since my earliest memory. My Mom said I would hide somewhere if there were family pics being taken. Not sure what that's all about. But I will seriously consider getting MM. I still have a little time to decide. Thanks for the info.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy and have cars that work and a job to go to (if that's what you want) and have someone to snuggle with. Have a great week!:flower3:

Following along and what fun that you take your grandchildren on their 5th birthday trips. LOVE and someday hope to do that for now I am a long way form grandchildren but your trip as adults looks like such fun as well.

I so agree with this. 1 photo download is so much but with Memory Maker they are all just there.

Following along and what fun that you take your grandchildren on their 5th birthday trips. LOVE and someday hope to do that for now I am a long way form grandchildren but your trip as adults looks like such fun as well.

I so agree with this. 1 photo download is so much but with Memory Maker they are all just there.

Welcome! So glad you're here! Yep, we love our trips with the grands. At this point only two have gone, but we have four more to go (so far), so that will take us into the foreseeable future. Dan and I have so much fun going just the two of us, but it's a whole different trip through the eyes of a five year old. Especially when they can do anything they want to!

So happy to hear you had a fantastic weekend!!!

YAY for APRIL TRIP!!!!

I think Jennifer has been encouraging him and talking it up. Although she doesn't care that much for anything Disney, she doesn't want Miles to miss out on the experience. If it comes down to it and he won't go, Selah would always volunteer to take his place!!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter