Time for a Disney Do-Over!! It's a GO!

You are doing free dining right? You don't want to get your AP now because I think you'd have to miss out on the package deal with free dining since you won't need the tickets then.

Can you and Dan really do rope drop to close at Epcot? No break? How awesome is that! I don't have anybody who would hang in with me that long. That would be the main difference for me if I ever did a solo trip - so much more time in the parks!

Your plans look awesome so far! Can't wait to see the rest.

Lovin the plans!!!!

you guys will have a great time! Yes i spoke with Nicole yesterday she is on board with a dis meet up! YAY ALL OF US! :cool1: :banana:

You are doing free dining right? You don't want to get your AP now because I think you'd have to miss out on the package deal with free dining since you won't need the tickets then.

Can you and Dan really do rope drop to close at Epcot? No break? How awesome is that! I don't have anybody who would hang in with me that long. That would be the main difference for me if I ever did a solo trip - so much more time in the parks!

Your plans look awesome so far! Can't wait to see the rest.

Yes, we are doing the free dining plan. We will wait until we get there to get our APs. I hadn't thought about the free dining when I was thinking about getting our APs early. Good thought.

Yes, we have been known to do a park open to close. However, the nice thing about it is, if we feel like taking a break in the afternoon then going back to the parks, we can do that. Depends a lot on the heat of the day. Dan like to get in a swim in the afternoons when possible. He's also a nap taker. Me, not so much.

Lovin the plans!!!!

you guys will have a great time! Yes i spoke with Nicole yesterday she is on board with a dis meet up! YAY ALL OF US! :cool1: :banana:

Oh my gosh that's exciting! I really can not wait!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday was Dan's birthday and our 29th anniversary. This is the first year we didn't do anything to really celebrate the anniversary. We had a bd party for Dan on Friday with just our parents there. But Sunday we wanted nothing more than to just spend time together. Dan has been working so many extra hours for so long, we just wanted a chance to talk and be together with no work interference. We actually talked a lot about our 30th anniversary next year. We are seriously looking at a river cruise down the Danube. It looks amazing. We are also looking at a trip to England and France. Or a cruise. See why we started looking now???

Uh Oh, I need to go. I'll be back later to update about Disney….

DAY FIVE

Okay, for this day I sort of changed things around a bit. Originally, we were going to go to DTD for the morning and have lunch at EoS (holiday sandwich sooooo yummy!). Then we were going to go to Hollywood Studios. Well, there is a chance Jeremy will be joining us and his favorite park is MK. So, we decided to change to MK for the morning and jump over to HS later in the day as planned. He will be getting back to us soon to let us know. His girlfriend has something for work she has to do, so it's still up in the air.

So, this is how we have it for now:

Breakfast at Pop then rope drop for MK. I just love watching the opening show! We'll just ride whatever we want while the crowds are still low. Probably have lunch at CHH or BoG. We'll let Jeremy dictate what all we do. His favorite is Splash Mountain, which is fine with me!

Then we'll go on over to HS crowd level 1 again!! yippee!

FP+

Toy Story - 2:10 - 3:10

Star Tours - 3:25 - 4:25

ToT - 4:30 - 5:30

ADR - Hollywood and Vine 6:45PM

Not sure if we'll stay for Fantasmic or not. We may be in need of an earlier evening tonight.

We will probably go to the Indiana Jones show one last time before they get rid of it. We have enjoyed it over the years and I'm a little sad to see it go, but I guess it's time. We usually go every 3rd trip or so.

Question: Has anyone gone to the American Idol experience? We have never been that interested in it, but I was thinking about doing it this year. I'm just trying to be open to new experiences each trip. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Of course we'll be doing the animation class again. That was tons of fun, even if my Pooh looked like he had the mumps! I can't wait to see what we draw this time!

I'll come back tomorrow with my next day's plans. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Hey there! Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!!

So glad you had your time together:hug:

Nicole did it last year and she likes it... I dont' know if i want to take the time for it?!? :confused3

Hey there! Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!!

So glad you had your time together:hug:

Nicole did it last year and she likes it... I dont' know if i want to take the time for it?!? :confused3

Thanks Mo! And thanks for the shout out on FB. Dan got a kick out of that!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too, that it would really eat up a lot of time. I'll probably pass again this year.

So, I thought I'd thrill you with a couple of photos of Dan's birthday:

Note the Disney watch he's sporting!

And I made him three shirts to wear when he's doing his handyman thing. His business is named True North. I know, strange name. His thought was he wants to always show integrity and honesty in his business where the compass always points true north. It's his thing, so I don't judge. (much…) So, anyway, I designed and stitched out a logo for his shirts. I'll be doing a polo shirt with a similar logo for him to wear when he goes to bid jobs.

Okay, that's it for me today. I have got to get to my laundry!!! And i have a dentist appointment this afternoon. Fun times right here!!:laundy:

Happy birthday to Dan and happy anniversary! Are they both on the same day? Our anniversary is the day before my birthday. Sounds like you got to spend a nice anniversary together, talking and planning.

The American Idol experience is one of DH's must dos at DHS. We've been to it a bunch, but Charlotte really doesn't have the patience for it so I usually do something else with her and DH and Peyton go see the show. It's a decent show and a nice break in the air conditioning. Usually at least 2 of the 3 performers are good ;) I don't remember when I read that it is closing, but you may want to give it a try if this will be your last chance to see it.

Love the shirt!

Today is work for me and then an eye appointment. We lead exciting lives around here :rotfl:

Hi everyone! Sorry I am late, but I finally made it over! We arrive on Mo's last day and are hoping to meet up with her at HS. Does that work for you? I am guessing it will only be a few hours though because our ADR dinner and FP+ reservations start around 4 PM at EPCOT. We always start our vacation at EPCOT but am looking forward to seeing everyone at HS first. We land around 10 AM I think. Since we are staying at BC, it will be easy to get to both parks that afternoon :cool1:

Regarding American Idol, we did see it last year. It was a rainy day at HS and my husband insisted I try Star Tours. Well, I get SERIOUS motion sickness but he insisted that with the patch I wear to control it, I would be fine. Well, he was WRONG!! :crazy2::crazy2: I felt terrible when we got off the ride. So when we passed AI, I said we should go in so I could sit down for a while. My kids enjoyed it too. We watch AI so it was a cool experience. What was even cooler was one of the performers auditioning was actually from my area! I guess my recommendation is if you need some down time to cool off or just relax, it's not a bad thing to go and see.

Happy birthday to Dan and happy anniversary! Are they both on the same day? Our anniversary is the day before my birthday. Sounds like you got to spend a nice anniversary together, talking and planning.

The American Idol experience is one of DH's must dos at DHS. We've been to it a bunch, but Charlotte really doesn't have the patience for it so I usually do something else with her and DH and Peyton go see the show. It's a decent show and a nice break in the air conditioning. Usually at least 2 of the 3 performers are good ;) I don't remember when I read that it is closing, but you may want to give it a try if this will be your last chance to see it.

Love the shirt!

Today is work for me and then an eye appointment. We lead exciting lives around here :rotfl:

Thank you! Yes, they are the same day. I wish we hadn't done that since our anniversary gets sort of blurred with all the birthday calls and celebration. But, we try to make a distinction between them.

Good info on the AI experience. We have a place in each park that we use as primarily a chance to get into some AC and off our feet!

Hope work went well for you.

Hi everyone! Sorry I am late, but I finally made it over! We arrive on Mo's last day and are hoping to meet up with her at HS. Does that work for you? I am guessing it will only be a few hours though because our ADR dinner and FP+ reservations start around 4 PM at EPCOT. We always start our vacation at EPCOT but am looking forward to seeing everyone at HS first. We land around 10 AM I think. Since we are staying at BC, it will be easy to get to both parks that afternoon :cool1:

First of all, WELCOME!! And I'm so excited to meet you and your family!!

I'll have to get back to you on this. We may be meeting our son that morning at MK. If not, HS would totally work for us. We were planning to be there that afternoon anyway with an ADR at H&V that evening. He is supposed to let us know soon if he can be there, so I'll let you know as soon as I know. At any rate, he would probably be leaving around 2 which would still get us over there to meet up before you leave for Epcot.:dance3:

I would love to stay at BC on day! I love the thought of walking over to Epcot or HS and not worrying about buses. I also love to take the boats, especially at night to see the Boardwalk all lit up. How long are you staying?

Regarding American Idol, we did see it last year. It was a rainy day at HS and my husband insisted I try Star Tours. Well, I get SERIOUS motion sickness but he insisted that with the patch I wear to control it, I would be fine. Well, he was WRONG!! :crazy2::crazy2: I felt terrible when we got off the ride. So when we passed AI, I said we should go in so I could sit down for a while. My kids enjoyed it too. We watch AI so it was a cool experience. What was even cooler was one of the performers auditioning was actually from my area! I guess my recommendation is if you need some down time to cool off or just relax, it's not a bad thing to go and see.

Yeah, Dan has motion sickness and usually skips Star Tours. Lately, though, he's been able to tolerate just one time when he wears his sea bands. I'm sure he could relate to how you felt after riding. Good you had AI to get you settled back down. I'll think about going, maybe on our second HS day. We always watched AI, but the last two seasons we skipped it. I think we just got tired of it. I heard last season was pretty good, though.

Tess, I thought I grabbed your quote, but its not here! Anyway, yes, we are strongly leaning toward the river cruise. I do remember you said you wanted to do that some day. You and Charlie should come with us!:boat::sail: I know, you just bought DVC and have to take advantage….but wouldn't that be fun???

Okay, not much Disney news. Except of course to say…..

WE ARE PAID IN FULL!!!!!!!!

Okay lets dance!!!party::jumping1::rainbow::dance3::cool1::dance3::yay:

Why thank you, thank you very much!!

Okay, now back to work for me. Hope you all have a great day!!:woohoo:

Congrats on being paid in full! :cheer2:

DH's birthday is right around Christmas, so I always tease him that if we don't do separate things for my birthday and our anniversary then he doesn't get separate gifts for Christmas and his birthday. At this point, we pretty much just put extra money aside for whatever we are currently saving towards - usually our annual Vegas trip - and go out to dinner.

I agree, in retrospect having the wedding the day before my birthday probably wasn't the best idea. I think for us, since it's a holiday weekend, it makes it even worse. Both my birthday and the anniversary get missed in whatever Labor Day plans we are making with the family.

Hope you have a great day!

This will be our first stay at BC and I am hoping it's as magical as we are thinking. Last year, we tried WL. While I can't say anything negative about the resort, we just didn't "click" with it. I should have figured since we aren't very outdoorsy people. We LOVE the beach, though! Our other favorite family vacations to take are trips to the Caribbean so I do think we will "click" with BC. We have stayed at CBR 3 times previously and have always liked it. We stay Preferred, though, as we have heard bad things about CBR being run down. Thankfully, we did not experience that on our stays.

We are staying 6 nights this time. Might have done 7 if we had chosen a moderate hotel but I really wanted to try BC so we sacrificed a night. Hoping to have a little more down time than usual. Since we have done everything so many times, I am planning to slow it down a bit this time. I made later breakfast reservations just so we don't HAVE to get up early. Now mind you, this will probably bite me in the butt since I can never seem to sleep in on vacation but is also never fails that when I could actually sleep in, we can't because we have to get to an ADR.

So far, our plans are as follows:

Sunday: HS and Epcot
Monday: AK
Tuesday: MK
Wednesday: HS
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: MK
Saturday: pool and home :guilty:

Hoping to get some pool time in at least 3 of those days. BC has an awesome pool area so it would be foolish not to use it! We were not planning DTD this time but I saw they opened up a store I would like to go see so I am sure we will fit in there somewhere. No water parks this time either since the pool at BC should be enough.

Congrats on being paid in full! :cheer2:

DH's birthday is right around Christmas, so I always tease him that if we don't do separate things for my birthday and our anniversary then he doesn't get separate gifts for Christmas and his birthday. At this point, we pretty much just put extra money aside for whatever we are currently saving towards - usually our annual Vegas trip - and go out to dinner.

I agree, in retrospect having the wedding the day before my birthday probably wasn't the best idea. I think for us, since it's a holiday weekend, it makes it even worse. Both my birthday and the anniversary get missed in whatever Labor Day plans we are making with the family.

Hope you have a great day!

You should start celebrating your 1/2 birthday, which would be in February. Declare the first day of February your birthday celebration day. I do un-birthday parties with my grandkids and it's a lot of fun! Birthdays should be special!

The thing I hate the most is Dan and I trying to just spend time just the two of us and his phone ringing constantly with BD wishes!!! But what are you gonna do? I should be used to it by now.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :dancer:party::jumping1:

Thanks for the dance and especially creepy guy!!!

This will be our first stay at BC and I am hoping it's as magical as we are thinking. Last year, we tried WL. While I can't say anything negative about the resort, we just didn't "click" with it. I should have figured since we aren't very outdoorsy people. We LOVE the beach, though! Our other favorite family vacations to take are trips to the Caribbean so I do think we will "click" with BC. We have stayed at CBR 3 times previously and have always liked it. We stay Preferred, though, as we have heard bad things about CBR being run down. Thankfully, we did not experience that on our stays.

We are staying 6 nights this time. Might have done 7 if we had chosen a moderate hotel but I really wanted to try BC so we sacrificed a night. Hoping to have a little more down time than usual. Since we have done everything so many times, I am planning to slow it down a bit this time. I made later breakfast reservations just so we don't HAVE to get up early. Now mind you, this will probably bite me in the butt since I can never seem to sleep in on vacation but is also never fails that when I could actually sleep in, we can't because we have to get to an ADR.

So far, our plans are as follows:

Sunday: HS and Epcot
Monday: AK
Tuesday: MK
Wednesday: HS
Thursday: Epcot
Friday: MK
Saturday: pool and home :guilty:

Hoping to get some pool time in at least 3 of those days. BC has an awesome pool area so it would be foolish not to use it! We were not planning DTD this time but I saw they opened up a store I would like to go see so I am sure we will fit in there somewhere. No water parks this time either since the pool at BC should be enough.

We felt the same about WL. It was beautiful, but just didn't do it for us either. We did love the boat ride to MK and the electrical parade at night.

You should definitely take advantage of the pool area! It looks awesome and I've heard such good things about it! I wouldn't go to a water park either.

Tess really likes CBR and I tried to get it for our upcoming trip, but couldn't. We haven't stayed there, but would like to try it. We just got to where we loved FQ so much, that's were we stay most often.

I like your idea of a more leisurely trip this time. We're always up early, so we like to do rope drop, then come back for pool time or naps in the afternoon when the temps are higher. We also like to grab something to drink and sit on a bench and people watch to get off our feet at times. It's nice when you've been so many times you don't feel you have to run full tilt all day and night any more. Sounds like you're going to have an awesome trip!

Paid in full!!!!!!!! Wahoooooooooo!!!!!

Yes!!! Exciting!!

DAY SIX Magic Kingdom crowd level 3

This will be our first chance to do rope drop at MK unless we meet Jeremy on Sunday. I always like to catch the opening show at least once a visit. We are almost always at parks for rope drop anyway since we're early risers.

I just love walking through those tunnels under the RR and bursting onto Main Street USA, still get a thrill with the first view of the castle, love all the CMs with their Mickey "hands" waving at us as we walk down the street. Of course, now our walk gets interrupted with a stop into Starbucks for Dan, but we'll soon be on our way again.

We will probably eat lunch at BOG or CHH.

Here are the FP+ selections:

Big Thunder MRR 10:10 - 11:10

Splash Mtn 11:10 - 12:10

7DMT 1:10 - 2:10

I figured we could start in Tomorrowland and do whatever we wanted to there, then make our way over to Adventureland and Frontierland and could hit BTMRR toward the end of our time window, then go straight to Splash, then make our way over toward FL, catching attractions along the way. Then, if we eat at BOG, we'll be right there to ride 7DMT.

We have an ADR for Tony's at 4:45. I've been trying to get a later time with no success so far. I'm probably going to cancel this ADR and opt for walk up for BOG. Or I may try for LTT since we love to eat there as well.

I just love being at the parks after dark. It's like being in a different park. We will probably go back to our resort to rest up a bit before our evening dining. That way we will be all set to catch MSEP and Wishes.

Only 59 days!!!:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Have a great day everyone!!

i love your plans!!!!

always have to throw in creepy dude just for you!!!

i really want to try LLT for lunch maybe??? while everyone else is runnign for BOG i might try for LLT???

we need to get a move on in that facebook group.

Those plans look great! I love your description of walking into Main Street USA! I can hardly believe that soon we will be there!!! 66 days for us :-)

i love your plans!!!!

always have to throw in creepy dude just for you!!!

i really want to try LLT for lunch maybe??? while everyone else is runnign for BOG i might try for LLT???

we need to get a move on in that facebook group.

Somehow he's not as creepy coming from you!:cool2: I do love LTT and it's been a couple of years since we ate there.

I know. I spend so much time online and seem never to get caught up and where I need to be. Somebody HELP!!

Those plans look great! I love your description of walking into Main Street USA! I can hardly believe that soon we will be there!!! 66 days for us :-)

Can I get a Sqeeeeeee!!!! :lmao:

Okay, so I just jumped on to wish everyone a happy and wonderful weekend. I have to scoot and don't even have time for anyone else's ptr, tr.:sad1:

I have a house to clean, bed sheets to wash and beds to make, meeting a friend for lunch 30 minutes away, need to get my hair cut, Dan and I are babysitting our neighbor's little boy (19 mos) tonight, and our son and dIL and granddog are coming for the weekend. Oh, and I have to go to the grocery store since they eat different (normal) food than we do. :crazy2:

So, happy weekend everyone and make it a good one!:dance3:

:crazy2: Whoa! Busy day and weekend!! How cute that your granddog is coming! :goodvibes I remember when all mine and my hubbys parents had was a graddog from us to love, lol...

Hope you have a great weekend and are able to fly through all your preparations today so you are able to relax and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter