Time for a Disney Do-Over!! It's a GO!

Your creepy dancing dude came back!

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

i think of him more of a MIB stripper??? :rotfl:

This is awesome news all around! i'm so happy for you!!!!

Why, thank you Mo! Thank you very much! I knew I could count on you!! MIB stripper? :rotfl2: Will Smith maybe, but Tommy Lee? Not so much!:rotfl:

Hooray for your BOG fastpass!

Thanks Jennifer! I was really excited as you maybe could tell. Remind me when are you meeting up with D and crew? That's so exciting too!

******************************************************************************************

Well, I opened my door to check the temp and found a Fed Ex envelope on my stoop. It had been raining buckets all night and morning and it was soaked. I was pretty sure I knew what it was, but quickly tore into it to confirm.

MICKEY'S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY BABY!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. That's what I'm talkin' about! Dan still has no clue we're going. I hope he likes the surprise. We closed the place down last time we went. It's just so special. I love how the CMs really get into the spirit of the party. So to speak.;)

Also, here is my magic band so far. I'm going to Hobby Lobby today to get some crystals to put on it. I just used Sally Hansons Diamond dust. It's translucent white with sparkles Not sure how well it shows up. I really like the pink, so wanted that to show through. I also may make a cloth band like D~ so it won't be too hot on my arm. If I have time.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today. :goodvibes

I love your Magic Band! I'm feeling inspired. Maybe if DH drives tomorrow, I can work on mine in the car. :thumbsup2 Are you going to do anything over the crystals to help seal them on?

Hooray for MNSSHP! You guys are going to have such a great time! I've said it before, but I can't wait until the girls are old enough to make it until midnight. Actually, I don't want them to hurry on growing up at all, so we'll make it back to MNSSHP whenever they are ready for it.

The plan is for D~ and I to meet at the hotel (maybe at the pool) Saturday evening when they are back from their park adventures - with two little ones we'll be back at the hotel long before D~'s group. Although, she posted her room number on Facebook yesterday, I may be tempted to run over and bang on the door when we arrive!

I LOOOOOOVE your band!!!! sparkly!!! beautiful!!!

as for Tommy Lee... well he looks DANG good for his age :thumbsup2 not pierce brosnan good better then Bill Murray? :confused3

YAY On MNSSHP TICKETS!!! :woohoo: Are you going to dress up?

I love your Magic Band! I'm feeling inspired. Maybe if DH drives tomorrow, I can work on mine in the car. :thumbsup2 Are you going to do anything over the crystals to help seal them on?

Thanks! It's simple, but I love it too. I don't have any crystals on yet, but was thinking I would put a clear base coat of polish on when everything is on. I do love how flexible it is just as it is, though.

Hooray for MNSSHP! You guys are going to have such a great time! I've said it before, but I can't wait until the girls are old enough to make it until midnight. Actually, I don't want them to hurry on growing up at all, so we'll make it back to MNSSHP whenever they are ready for it.

Oh, you are so wise to not wish their lives away. They do grow so quickly all on their own. But I know what you mean about being anxious to share certain experiences with them. I get that way with the grands sometimes.

The plan is for D~ and I to meet at the hotel (maybe at the pool) Saturday evening when they are back from their park adventures - with two little ones we'll be back at the hotel long before D~'s group. Although, she posted her room number on Facebook yesterday, I may be tempted to run over and bang on the door when we arrive!

So this has happened already. How did it go? I imagine it was a fun time for everyone!!! Exciting!! Did you end up doing your band in the car??

Love that! The band looks shiny and cute! And woot woot for MNSSHP tickets! Yay!

Thanks Terri! Simple, but fun.

I LOOOOOOVE your band!!!! sparkly!!! beautiful!!!

Thanks! I went the totally easy route. Since I love the color of the pink band, I didn't want to lose that. It works!

as for Tommy Lee... well he looks DANG good for his age :thumbsup2 not pierce brosnan good better then Bill Murray? :confused3

Oh yeah, I was totally in love with Tommy Lee when he was on a soap opera I watched on my days off. Umm, YES! better than Bill Murray! But not as good as Harrison Ford.:thumbsup2

YAY On MNSSHP TICKETS!!! :woohoo: Are you going to dress up?

Not a full out costume. Since Dan will think we're just going back to MK for the evening (he's clueless to when the parties are, thankfully), it would be hard to dress up and still surprise him. We will be wearing custom t-shirts, not sure which ones yet.

*************************************************************************************************************

I got Mickey Mail two days in a row!!! The first one was that booklet you get when you first book your trip. It's the one with Dumbo on the back with the save the date reminder. I didn't get one initially, but I guess this was generated when we upgraded our dining package.

The next day, yesterday, I got another booklet for ME with our vouchers for the freebies and two more luggage tags. I'm trying to give them away, but don't seem to have any takers. I now have 6 of these tags. Anyone here need them? I'd be happy to send them to you.

Still, it's fun to get the Mickey Mail, no matter what it is. That really should be it for this trip.

*************************************************************************************************************

We had a work day at the condo on Saturday. We worked on the landscaping since the weather was beautiful. We want to get things done outside while we can, weather-wise. Five people stopped by to offer us encouragement and/or thank us for doing something about the place. Everyone was very nice. One lady asked us to let her know when we're ready to sell it, she may be interested in buying it. Wouldn't that be great??

Here is a before picture of some of the landscaping:

And here is an after picture of about the same spot:

It was a lot of hard work, Dan broke the handle off of his 30 year old shovel, I got stung by a wasp and saw a snake, but all in all, it was a great day! (I hate snakes!!!)

The people left a crap-load of junk in the house including a giant snake cage and a huge snake skin tacked up in the garage. Oh thanks a bunch! Did I mention how much I hate snakes?? There is broken down furniture, appliances in the garage and basement, and the filth. Whew! I don't know how people live in such conditions! I really don't. It reminds me of the floors and carpet on a hoarders episode. But I'm armed with masks, gloves and disinfectant, so I'm ready. I think. Oh help!

I probably won't be back for a couple of days. I need to plan our Viking River Cruise this week so we can take advantage of a great deal. I will also be over at the condo most days from now until our trip. So I'll try and squeeze in a little fun DIS time somewhere in there. Have a great week everyone!!:flower3:

Yay for Mickey Mail! I'm still waiting on my voucher book and Mickey luggage tags, I already got my ME yellow tags though..

The before and after of the condo landscaping looks awesome! What a difference! You guys are really good at what you do!

Eeeeeew on all the creepy snake stuff and the REAL snake encounter, I share your feelings on that and all the junky clutter. Yuck! Sending you good juju for no more snake related instances! ;)

We are back from our weekend get away! It was awesome but so unbelievably hot - even for us Floridians! I have all the pictures already loaded on Photobucket, so assuming work doesn't get in the way too much, I should be able to do my trip report quickly.

I am very disappointed in myself - I didn't make the DISmeet with D~. I ended up alone in the room with Charlotte and she was wiped out from the heat and the excitement and so I decided to let her watch Disney Junior when what I should have done was load her up in the stroller and head on over to the boat dock and meet D~. Big regret from this trip, hopefully D~ will forgive me.

I didn't end up doing anything with my Magic Band, although, I think my mom and I are going to come up with something for our longer trip in November. I actaully may just spend the money and order Cover Bands since I know they'll turn out better than what I'd come up with anyway.

The improvement you made to the landscaping at the condo is amazing! I want you guys to come re-landscape my house - maybe add a couple days to your Disney trip and come on by?

The landscaping looks great! I would not have done well with the snake. Hopefully, the rest of the cleanup goes smoothly.

Yay for Mickey Mail! I'm still waiting on my voucher book and Mickey luggage tags, I already got my ME yellow tags though..

You should be getting your voucher book really soon, if you haven't already. I just got a new one because we upgraded our dining and they must have cancelled and rebooked our ressie. Didn't know they would do that.

The before and after of the condo landscaping looks awesome! What a difference! You guys are really good at what you do!

Awww, thanks! We love to make ugly things beautiful again!

Eeeeeew on all the creepy snake stuff and the REAL snake encounter, I share your feelings on that and all the junky clutter. Yuck! Sending you good juju for no more snake related instances! ;)

Yeah, I'm with Indiana Jones and the snakes!!

We are back from our weekend get away! It was awesome but so unbelievably hot - even for us Floridians! I have all the pictures already loaded on Photobucket, so assuming work doesn't get in the way too much, I should be able to do my trip report quickly.

I just came from your report and saw you got the job (and the salary you wanted…yay!) and will be busy preparing to leave. It will be a fun read whenever you manage to get to it!

I am very disappointed in myself - I didn't make the DISmeet with D~. I ended up alone in the room with Charlotte and she was wiped out from the heat and the excitement and so I decided to let her watch Disney Junior when what I should have done was load her up in the stroller and head on over to the boat dock and meet D~. Big regret from this trip, hopefully D~ will forgive me.

Now, you know D~ will forgive you!! She's had small children and knows how that goes. The best laid plans….

I didn't end up doing anything with my Magic Band, although, I think my mom and I are going to come up with something for our longer trip in November. I actaully may just spend the money and order Cover Bands since I know they'll turn out better than what I'd come up with anyway.

Yes, with all your trips, you should be in great shape to bling out a band or two. Don't be intimidated, you have some old ones you could practice on, so go ahead and try something fun. I just went very simple with mine, but I still love it!

The improvement you made to the landscaping at the condo is amazing! I want you guys to come re-landscape my house - maybe add a couple days to your Disney trip and come on by?

Thanks! Hey, in the Florida heat?? Maybe if we came in January...:rotfl:

It's Beautiful Lois!!!!

:flower3:

yay for mickey mail!!!!

Thanks Mo! Bless your heart for making time to come over. I know you're crazy busy with your trip right around the corner and the munchkins party to do this weekend! Hope all goes well!!:hug:

The landscaping looks great! I would not have done well with the snake. Hopefully, the rest of the cleanup goes smoothly.

Thanks so much! Truth to tell, it was a little baby, BUT they still do that awful slithery thing and I figured it had to have relatives, bigger ones, in the area! Fortunately, I didn't come across any!:scared:

*************************************************************************************************************************

Nothing really to update on Disney. I haven't made the shirts I planned to make for this trip. I have two t-shirts each to do something with, but don't know if I'll have time to do them.

Condo update: We closed on it at 3:30 this afternoon. Now we can go in and change the locks so the deadbeat sons can't get in any more. I literally had to leave the house last time I was there, I was getting so nauseated. I couldn't find the masks and gloves we'd bought, so I kept washing my hands and holding a wet paper towel. I didn't get a lot done and as soon as the custom cabinets arrived, I gut lugged them into the house from the garage!! And then left for the day. Found out later by reading the papers they left that they were supposed to deliver them to wherever we designated. He just wanted to put them in the garage and get out of there! Lesson learned there!

I didn't feel right going into the house since we didn't own it, even though the owner gave us permission. So now I can really get started on things tomorrow. I now know where the masks and gloves are.:rolleyes1

Here are a few pictures to show you a little of what we're up against. Don't get me wrong, we were fully aware of what we were getting into, and since it is mostly cosmetic, it will be tons of dirty work and scrubbing every surface and painting everywhere. We're replacing the flooring everywhere and installing new cabinets and appliances of course. Everything new in both bathrooms except the tubs. Not looking forward to cleaning those bad boys!!:sick:

But, if we work this right, it will be a great investment for us. Dan is still working 14 to 16 hours every day, so most of this is going to be on me to get done. We are hiring the former owners brother to help out, so I should be fine.

Here are a few pics. Don't be jealous now!!:rolleyes1

These are the steps leading up to the second floor. The handrail is torn out of the wall and on the landing is a ton of filth!

This is the snake cage upstairs in one of the bedrooms. It is full of…well, I don't know what…but it gives me the creeps!! They used to have baby chics under the deck so they could feed them to the snakes. Also, little mice in cages in the basement for same purpose. :scared1:

There's nothing "master" about this room except the name. Lots of torn up carpet and what is left, you can't tell what color it is supposed to be.

Oh, and found what I believe is a crack pipe in one of the drawers in the kitchen. My oh my!

************************************************************************************************************

A quick update on my sister's visit. It was fabulous! She and Dad got along, her staying with us instead of Mom and Dad turned out to be a non-issue, so all was well. Thank you God! We went out to eat for every meal and had plenty of time to visit. My poor Mom and her Alzhiemers thought my sister had long hair. She's never had really long hair…that was my Mom! She kept saying, when did you start wearing your hair so short? Umm, 20 years? But, it was a good visit and I am so glad! Now, they may come for Thanksgiving!!:yay:

Okay, I've bored you enough for one post, thanks for getting this far!!:roll eyes: I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Try to get some relaxation in if you can. :grouphug:

You certainly have your work cut out for you with those before pictures! Looking forward to seeing the after pictures as well.

Your trip is coming up so soon. I'm not sure of your exact dates - what are your plans on Saturday the 6th? It looks like we may be doing a day trip to Epcot that day to celebrate my birthday (and the fact that I have survived my last bad week at my current job).

So glad your sister's visit went so well. Family dynamics can be quite a stressor sometimes, glad it seems like a non-issue this time around.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Oh my! I can't believe people actually lived in that filth. My house is far from spotless, but I would never let it get to that state. I shudder just thinking about it.

Glad to hear your sister's visit went well. See you soon!

You certainly have your work cut out for you with those before pictures! Looking forward to seeing the after pictures as well.

Your trip is coming up so soon. I'm not sure of your exact dates - what are your plans on Saturday the 6th? It looks like we may be doing a day trip to Epcot that day to celebrate my birthday (and the fact that I have survived my last bad week at my current job).

So glad your sister's visit went so well. Family dynamics can be quite a stressor sometimes, glad it seems like a non-issue this time around.

Hope you have a great weekend!

It's going to be a lot of hard work, but we knew that going in. I had to leave my first day of working there due to the smell making me sick. We will be removing the carpet and that should help some. I'm armed with cleaning products, buckets, mops (for the walls), gloves and masks, so I'm ready!

I would love to meet you on Saturday, but we're not getting there until the 10th. Bummer!! I hope you have a wonderful day for your birthday, though. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Glad you'll be leaving that job soon, and I hope your new job is everything you envisioned.

I'll only be on here once in a while this week since I'll be over at the condo. In between that, I'll be preparing for our trip. Hope you have a great last week at your job!!! And early Happy Birthday:dance3: in case I don't get on again before your day!

Oh my! I can't believe people actually lived in that filth. My house is far from spotless, but I would never let it get to that state. I shudder just thinking about it.

Glad to hear your sister's visit went well. See you soon!

I know, right? I say that in my head over and over again. If I showered in those bathrooms, I would feel like I needed another shower. This woman was educated, an RN in fact. I just shake my head.

SEE YOU SOON!!! I love seeing that! Won't be long now.

****************************************************************************************************************

Disney update:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!!!

:cheer2::yay::rockband:party::jumping1::rainbow::dance3:pixiedust:

I have officially started packing. That is, if you count setting things out on the love seat in our room. I've got our documents, rain ponchos, Disney shirts, hand held fans and a few other items. Hey, it's a start! I need to print out our Mousekeeping envelopes, but that won't take long. I need to make sure I have enough dollar bills to put in them and have some for tipping the ME driver and anyone else we need. I plan to only work at the condo this week and take next Monday and Tuesday to do laundry and do the rest of my packing. We will leave Tuesday evening to stay overnight at Columbus. We leave Wednesday, the 10th at 7AM and will be in Orlando by 9:15!!!:cool1:

I'm getting soooo excited to get away! Dan is stressing himself in a way I've never seen! It will be good for him to get away. This week is supposed to be brutal. To me, they've ALL been brutal for him!! Come on Happy Place!!!

Condo update: The former owner had the electric turned off and I couldn't get a lot done. I did start removing the carpet and the hundreds (literally) of nails and screws in the walls in preparation of washing them. I think we're going to get a special additive for the paint that will take odors out. Each packet is $35!!!!, (and each gallon will take a packet:eek:) but I really think we need it. It will more than double our cost of painting, but in the long run, I think it will be well worth it.

We try never to work on Sundays, but since Dan hadn't had a chance to change the locks, we decided to do that yesterday to make the house more secure. I'm going over as soon as I finish here and really get started. We can't get the electric turned on until tomorrow and it's raining here and very overcast, so I'll need lanterns and flashlights to see what I'm doing. Fun times!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday and will have a wonderful week. I know some will have more fun than others….Tess? Mo? Oh yeah!!!:cool2:

I knew your trip was overlapping with Mo's, I just thought it was at the beginning! I'm sorry we won't be at Disney when you are!

Oh my, that paint additive is expensive! I wonder if getting the carpet up and the walls washed will do enough with the odor, or if the additive will still be necessary? Fingers crossed it will be an economical solution for you.

Sorry Dan is so stressed out at work - I can relate, although I am already starting to check out mentally. I needed to work all weekend to make this week go smoother, but I haven't been all that motivated to get stuff done. I'll be busy the rest of the day today and all week long! We are counting down to the same day - my last day of work is September 9th :) I hope this trip will be just what Dan needs to relax and recharge - he has certainly earned it!

Thanks for the early birthday wishes!

Woohoo! Single digit dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I knew your trip was overlapping with Mo's, I just thought it was at the beginning! I'm sorry we won't be at Disney when you are!

Oh my, that paint additive is expensive! I wonder if getting the carpet up and the walls washed will do enough with the odor, or if the additive will still be necessary? Fingers crossed it will be an economical solution for you.

Sorry Dan is so stressed out at work - I can relate, although I am already starting to check out mentally. I needed to work all weekend to make this week go smoother, but I haven't been all that motivated to get stuff done. I'll be busy the rest of the day today and all week long! We are counting down to the same day - my last day of work is September 9th :) I hope this trip will be just what Dan needs to relax and recharge - he has certainly earned it!

Thanks for the early birthday wishes!

I could use Kilz oil based primer that is supposed to eliminate odors, but I hate using oil based paint and then I would have to paint everywhere twice! Dan said go ahead and order it, but I'll wait and see once we get the carpet out how it is. Right now there is just subfloor in the dinning room and it reeks in there of dog urine! Ugh! But you're right, it may not be necessary. I hope not.

I get you "checking out" at your current job. It's so hard to stay focused when you have one foot out the door. It's just a great work ethic that had you working the weekend and doing as much as you are. Good for you!

I read your ptr and saw that you booked FQ for your original dates. I do hope you can add two more days to that eventually.

************************************************************************************************************

Absolutely no Disney updates. I bought some Swarovski crystals to put on my magic band, but haven't had time to get them on yet. I also had planned to make a band to go around the bottom of it so the plastic wouldn't be directly on my skin, as well as a hipster type bag. Not sure any of it will get done since I'm spending so much time at the condo and then am beyond tired when I get home. It won't spoil my trip in the least if I don't get those things done, but it sure would be nice if I could! I need to channel my inner D~ or Terri!!

*****************************************************************************************************

Condo update:

I cleaned the downstairs bathroom like a mad woman yesterday. I now would actually use it if I had to!

I got a lot accomplished yesterday, all of which I won't go into, but just picking up things left laying on the floors and in the closets filled 5 huge garbage bags!! Just crap on the floors. Really?! And that was just two rooms! Cleaned out the kitchen cabinets...:crazy2: Ok, no need for me to relive everything. Once was enough!

Dan came over after work around 6 and brought me something cold to drink, bless him. We worked outside and got the rest of the front flower beds planted and mulched. We got home around 7:30. I called Dan on our way home and told him I was stopping at DQ and did he want something. He told me to go on home and get my shower and he would go get me something. What a guy! I was beyond beat and wanted a shower more than almost anything else.

Today they will be delivering all our appliances. I hate that they will be there so soon, but they will be boxed and we'll be careful around them, so it should be okay. We bought them on a good sale and during a nice rebate, so that's why we bought so early. We've put off delivery twice already!

I hope my talking about the condo isn't boring. It's just what is so huge in my life right now. But the closer I get to the 10th, the more excited I'm getting for our trip!! It is kinda nice to have such a huge project to make the time go by so much more quickly. The last couple of weeks before a trip usually drag by.

I hope everyone has a great day!:flower3:

I love hearing about the work on the condo - it's what is going on in your life right now so it seems appropriate that you share it!

I definitely think you found a winner with Dan - he does so many sweet things, even if it is little things like picking up dinner so you can get in the shower - all those little things add up!

Today, DH and I are celebrating our 14th anniversary - he is a winner too! He made me stop working for a couple hours on Sunday so we could go out to dinner with the girls, just the local pizza place we love, but I thought it was great that he was so adamant we at least do something. We both know I'll probably be at the office until midnight again tonight so it was our only chance.

Hope you have a great day!

I love hearing about the work on the condo - it's what is going on in your life right now so it seems appropriate that you share it!

I definitely think you found a winner with Dan - he does so many sweet things, even if it is little things like picking up dinner so you can get in the shower - all those little things add up!

Today, DH and I are celebrating our 14th anniversary - he is a winner too! He made me stop working for a couple hours on Sunday so we could go out to dinner with the girls, just the local pizza place we love, but I thought it was great that he was so adamant we at least do something. We both know I'll probably be at the office until midnight again tonight so it was our only chance.

Hope you have a great day!

I hate that I missed your anniversary!! I'm so glad you got to do a little something together. What a thoughtful thing for him to do. He IS a winner! I know you've been working crazy hours and I hope they appreciate that you are doing that. Some people would say, I'm outta here and just phone it in. You are a good person!

I should be gone already, but here I am trying to get at least a little caught up on the DIS and FB etc. I will work at the condo today and tomorrow and then next Monday and Tuesday really get busy on our Disney trip. I have crystals to put on my magic band still and need to do laundry, clean the house and pack. Oh, and I need to print out my mousekeeping tip envelopes, too. We've been to Disney so many times, packing doesn't really take much. I keep my must haves for Disney all together in a spare closet, so that makes everything handy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend…I know Mo will!! haha Thanks for being so loyal, Jennifer, otherwise I would feel as though I'm talking to myself!:rotfl:

You are not talking to yourself! I'm always excited when I see you've posted, I like to know what's going on in your world. I try to check in with everyone in the mornings during the week, as much as my schedule allows. I'm rarely on the computer over the weekend. I wish I could be as consistent as D~ is, but I refuse to give up anymore sleep!

I feel like I missed my anniversary and my birthday this week! I didn't even get home until after midnight on my birthday, around 10 on our anniversary. Glad we did dinner on Sunday for our anniversary and we'll be at Epcot tomorrow for my birthday.

Hope you get everything done you want to at the condo the next couple days. Enjoy your last minute Disney prep next week! This time next week you will be there! I have nothing together for our trip tomorrow - just a day trip but the girls still require more stuff than they should so I'll be throwing things into my backpack tonight and in the morning.

Have a great weekend!

Definitely not talking to yourself!! I always look for your posts!

Mo will most def have a great weekend! Lol, I'm Facebook stalking her all day waiting for the reveal! :-)

I like your style with packing right before your trip, you've got it down! I keep wanting to pack but then I am afraid I'll have zero left to do and that kinda makes me sad! Lol... I'm trying to save it for the last week. But I probably won't be able too, I bought ziplocks last night and I'm already itching to use them! I may end up packing all the "stuff" and saving the clothes for closer to trip time... Hmmmm...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter