Tips for passing the time til next trip!

Tig

Earning My Ears
Ok, I post this topic everytime I am getting ready for a trip (I used to post as PixieBelle last summer), anyway, to help all of us pass the time on our upcoming trips, lets share some time passing tips!

I read guidebooks(im reading one now from 1999, Im hopeless what can I say)!!

Look at old pictures in our albums of past disney trips

Read the DISboards

Start making paking lists, last-minute to do lists, lists of where we want to eat in the parks

Watch old Disney vacation videos

Are you spying on me?
lol..:p

I'm also checking past park hours since March isn' t posted yet.

Actually ( ok I'm pathetic) also checking the weather already even though I won't be there for another 2 1/2 mos.

Printed up my mousekeeping tipping envelopes.

Checking for any entertainment or refurbishment going on.

Entering all my tasks I have to do by date on my calendar..ex..make ps for CRT...

Mentally deciding what outfits I want to take ( I would be packing already but I think that would be the snapping point for my bf)

:(
These are just beside what was already listed.

I love to watch classic Disney movies like Snow White and Cinderella...really catch that "Disney Magic" in the older movies(I think). I also print out a schedule on the computer and fill in where we want to eat and times, park visitation and what day...

Now don't laugh but I also go to WalMart and buy Disney coloring books, some of them are really beautiful, and I color while watching TV (yeah I know I am 37) but it is very soothing and relaxing and it gives me a quick Disney fix.

I really think I have as much fun planning and anticipating as I do actually vacationing, well maybe not, but it's still fun!

Emmy

All great ideas but what about us that can't afford to go back for several years? I thought about making an itinerary for our next trip, even though it's several years down the road, but my DH thought I was nuts, and truthfully I probably would be after having the time to change the plans around for all that time. ;)

Nuts? No way!

Go ahead, you have lots of time to research, and really decide on what you would like to do most. There are many websites out there with different things to look at and read, so you will have plenty of info to choose from! Pick your fav places to eat, make different categories in a notebook, and just plan away! If you have to change it, SO WHAT!! That is all the fun is the planning!! :)

I say go ahead and plan! It's all good!!!! :)

I look at the bds everyday and also deb's site. I have a lot of time to do that and DP does not so if I see anything of interest, anything at all, I print it out and save it. About a month befor our trip I present DP with a new 3 ring bindrer and all the printouts. We have a great time sorting them out and talking about what we want to do plus deciding what printouts to take, we like to have reminders of new things and must do's. Then while on vacation we use it to help plan out our day or if its an off site shopping or museum day what resturants or other attractions
we want to see in that area. Its realy great for all those tips we all read but might forget by the next trip or all the hidden mickeys at a resort or park etc.

Tig, it's scarey how much we sound alike! I just had my guidebook out last night reading through it for the ??? time. I am a perpetual planner. I make lists of lists! ;) My next list will probably be comprised of the little out of the way places we missed back in May. We were on the commando pace last visit because we only had one day in each park and another family with us.

Right now I'm hoping to get a budget ready to present to hubby over the holidays so we can try to do another 5 or 6 day trip this time next year. I haven't seen the parks before the holidays and would love it I'm sure!

Maddy, love the print-outs and binder idea! I only printed out the park schedules last time. I guess that could be some good reading on the drive down too.

LOL@Luckymommy...

That aint nothing........last nite I got out my guidebooks from 1999 and was reading them!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Oh man!:eek:

We read guide books, watch disney videos, make priority seatings and gradually buy clothes and vacation necessities and store them away until it's time to pack. The Disney sing a long videos are pretty good because the Beach Party at Disney Wold and Campout at Disney World are all clips from WDW including parks and resorts.

Just today I was working on my scrapbook from last months trip. This helps pass the time as it takes me a while to complete the project. I also am on the boards quite frequently and also other Disney web sites and I like to watch our old trip videos plus the planning videos too!! Plus of course we visit the Disney Store alot too!!:D

I am so relieved to know that there are others out there that plan their WDW vacations the way I do. This knowledge will save me some in therapy!

P.S I am not at all internet savvy, and I have never posted anything anywhere, but I have a feeling that I have found a new favorite activity

Melie Mouse:earsgirl:

Welcome Melie Mouse!!!

You will love it here! This is the only way I can crave my "thirst" for WDW!!! You can read these threads on these boards and just let your other worries disappear and be right back in WDW!!! :)

Welcome!!!!!!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Our next trip is not until April 2004 so I keep thinking its too early to start really planning. But here is what I do....check car rentals and airfares, you know, just to get an idea of what it might cost. I am trying to boost my Skymiles and hopefully get a free ticket...only need 6000 miles. I must do our budget once a month...I go with my best friend and this is our longest trip ever (19 days) so planning and saving over the 24 months from our decision to go is crucial to having enough cash for this. And soon I will start the outline of ours days,which days for spa treatments, etc.I feel that once I get to the 365 day mark I'm almost there.

Now that my Thanksgiving trip is over :( ~ I'm planning my first ever cruise next .... oops, this year LOL... now, wWe can't decide if we want to go the last week of Dec 2003 or first week of Jan 2004.

It's SO much fun doing all the research and printouts, etc and of course being on the Disboards is my all time favorite thing to do... I drive my Daughter crazy with all my planning, but she has a good time on our vacations!!

It makes the time go faster!!! :)

To pass time before our Disney trip my family does many things. We plan out each day on paper; where we are eating, what part of the park we are seeing. We also color in Disney coloring books, make disney crossword puzzles, and listen to disney music.

The best way we found to pass the time was to have disney themed meals. Each month, on the anniversary of the day we leave for Florida we have one. Last year we had a Polynesian themed party, with teriaki food, hawaiian decorations, and music. Everyone even dressed up in hawaiian cloths. Since the Polynesian Resort is our favorite, this theme seemed quite appropriate and got us all in the mood for some Disney fun.

Ok I have 38 days left and I started packing today. My family thinks I'm going crazy. I'm happy to see I'm not going crazy I'm just going Disney.:Pinkbounc

I have 58 days left and it's killing me not to start packing. I am soooooo excited to go. My ps's are almost all made....I'm going nuts trying to think of ways to kill the time.

I do all of the planning stuff that everyone else has mentioned. I'm also making lists...to buy, to pack, groceries to purchase after arrival...that kind of thing. Other stuff you can do:

Custom cover a trip journal. You can do this pretty inexpensively...get a miniature (or full-sized, if you'd prefer) composition book. The cheap kind with the black and white mottled cover and space on the front for your name. Trace the shape of the cover onto heavy cardstock in the color of your choice, and cut it out. Glue to the front (spray adhesive works well and costs only a few dollars a can) and embellish with stickers, cutouts from old brochures, glitter, whatever. It's very easy! I like to size the cardstock cover so that the black binding strip still shows - it looks more "finished." You could also make this a family project and let each child decorate their own autograph books in this way.

Check out all of the different Disney sites...http://www.hiddenmickeys.org has a wealth of info (park trivia as well as hidden Mickey locations) that can help you pass LOTS of time before your trip!

We've been talking about going back to Disney since our last trip. That was 11/2000!! So,I'm very happy that now it s less than 18 month away!! I'm sure there's something I should plan
now. I just know I can get all the info I need right here!!
I've never gone to Disney in the Summer,always fall or spring.
I'm sure there's a wicked difference! I'm trying to read as much as I can here, to see what I'm in for ! I' ve read that the parks are open later in the night than when I've been there in the past.
I like that!
So,any suggestions on what I can do this early in my planning?

:bounce: airhead:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter