Tips for passing the time til next trip!

I do so many of the things mention here as well. I LOVE The Disboards!

One of my favorite things to do while I read the boards and surf the Disney sites is to listen to Magictrips Radio: http://magictrips.com/radio/

It great - just listening takes me right back! We are looking to go back in October over our anniversary, and this gets me in a great mood to plan!!! :Pinkbounc

One year, about two months before our trip, I created a calendar for my niece and nephew with fun things to do each day as we counted down to our trip. It ranged from watching a Disney movie and singing a certain Disney song, to drawing a picture of your favorite character and making Mickey Mouse pancakes. My niece and nephew loved the calendar, and it helped them get even more excited for the trip.

Karen

I've discovered musi download sites where I can find music from the parks...free!!! I just download it and listen while I'm on the computer...got the fountain music from Epcot the other day and I could just weep with happiness...DH thinks I'm nuts when it's the first place I go and just enjoy!!! So many folks are just walking by, not even seeing how glorious it is!! I am about to get all the pics out from other visits and relive the magic...trying not to wish the trip here any sooner as the quicker it comes the faster it goes!!! You are right, the real fun is in the planning and anticipation!!! It's the best way to fall asleep at night, planning our trip!!! As Melie Mouse says...I have found a home among friends with this site!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

i m prob not going back to dis till sometime in 2004-for the planned -asking my gf to marry me trip-
all i do is look on this site, the other sites wdig and such, disneyworld.com-an di look over and over and over again,
wish i could live in the pirates ride

Billpowerrock

Good luck on your upcoming engagement !!! My bf and I have discussed getting engaged at WDW. It would be incredible. Hope your gf realizes what a special romantic guy you are.

dansyr

i couldnt think of a greater place to pop the question, good luck to you as well, though she does find me romantic, she thinks i m a bit nuts in my love for disney-(getting excited for a trip not till 2004), she loves it too, but i take it to a next level,

bill

I wrote my thesis rough draft while listening to Magictrips and Mouseworld radio. Needless to say, I have become quite familiar with much of the music played on these stations. My parents are really going to be scared for my sanity (or lack thereof) when we get to Disney next month and I start humming the Main Street "muzak."

BTW, Mainecamper (or anyone else), what program are you using to download park stuff. I used to use Win Mix but I think that shut down or something. I now have Morpheus and I have had SOME success in downloading park songs but not that much. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I just made a paper chain (tape strips of paper together). I made one for everyday till we leave(24days). Inside each strip of paper I wrote a little surprise message to my girls. exp. "one month till Disney" "Our last night to sleep in our beds" "I can't wait I can't wait for a very important date" etc. Now every day they will take of a link and read a message it gives them an idea on how long to go(5 yr old can't understand quite how long 24 days is.) We do this before Christmas every year (instead of messages I write a thing we will do that day like watch a Christmas movie or wrap presents or donate toys to charity) Hope this helps someone else pass the time till WDW!:Pinkbounc

Like so many of you- I am sooooo glad to have found these boards and to know that if I am crazy for my overplanning - at least I am not in that boat alone!! :)

We buy a Disney Calendar with the tear off pages and mark each day with the # of days until the trip. We let the girls take turns each day tearing a page off.

We order the vacation video and watch it. As well as other disney videos. The Sing Along Songs videos in the parks are great. My girls absolutely LOVE the Tower of Terror movie.

We got a great tip on these boards about having your kids make their own autograph books. I got a package of Large unlined index cards. (I have a machine at work to bind them when we are done- but you can buy them already spiral bound).
I got a list of characters and printed a line in the middle of each card for the autograph and in small letters in the bottom corner the name of each.
We have gathered pictures of characters from a variety of sources and the girls take colored pencils and decorate each card and we paste pictures of the characters on their respective pages.
I have even taken some of their old pictures with characters and pasted them on the back of the card in front. For instance-when you open the book to the page for Cinderella on the back of Chip's card there is a picture of DD age 2 with Cinderella and then another at age 8 with Cinderella then there is a decorated card with room for Cinderella's autograph.

We also have a new game we play in the car. Remember the old Going on a picnic gonna bring.. game? Well we play Going to WDW gonna see...

Anyone else?

With only 10 days until I leave I am getting particularly antsy. I have developed the " are we leaving yet" syndrome. Any more ideas? I've already packed everythig that I can pack 10 days in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter