To and From the Parks at FW

Hawk

DIS Veteran
Excited about going to FW with new travel trailer, however dissapointed to hear about busing services to the parks. My understanding is that the only direct service is the ferry to MK. All other transfers go to TTC first then connect to parks. Is this correct? Any suggestions for faster transportation to the parks?

Thanks.

Tim.

We normally take our truck to the other parks. Free parking and we don't have to wait on a bus.

In July there was a direct bus from the Settlement to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach. You are correct, all other stops require a transfer at TTC. It really isn't a problem for us, except for Typhoon Lagoon. I just hate riding back wet, and that bus stops at Downtown Disney and everywhere else, it seems!

Other than driving yourself, I don't know of a faster way.

Barbara
215 days to go!

Chiming in on the "take my own vehicle" thing...

We just got back from 10 days there (sigh) and tried the busses the first few days. I apprecaite the service, but taking your own car is just loads more convenient. I can't comment if the same would be true for a more crowded time of year however.

- lori

Thanks for the feedback. We have been several times, however have never really
paid much attention to the proximity of the parking lots to the park entrance. Is there
a separate shuttle to the park gate or is it walking distance?

Thanks.

when i went last year with my family we sometimes took the bus to the wilderness lodge. the wilderness lodge had more direct bus transportation to some of the other parks. i can not remember which ones but i know a few times we saved time by going there instead of all the way to the ttc. i will be staying in fw again in three weeks and i'm going to see if this still works. i hope it does.

Hawk

to answer you question about shuttles from the park parking lots....

yes there are trams that shuttle you from the outer limits of the parking lots. I am not sure if they are at AK (have always been there very early and walking to the front gate was always easy) but i thought i saw them there once last year.
The only direct route to MK is via a boat, bus or monorail. Parking for MK (as far as i know) is all funneled thru the TTC where you have to either take a monorail or bus to MK. There is however a shuttle that will bring you from the TTC parking lot to the main TTC area.

MCM and Epcot definately have shuttles that run from the parking lots to the front gates.

I hope i haven't given you incorrect info here - but it is correct to the best of my knowledge.

- lori

When we were there last week the bus service was very good.

We did get a tip from one of the drivers for a short cut to Epcot -- from FW take bus to WL -- get off at WL and take direct Epcot bus from there. Sooooo now here is the short cut, after the fireworks, or just a long day at the park instead of taking the rail to TTC then bus to FW -- go directly to the WL bus stop at Epcot (do NOT say you are going to FW) go to WL then hop off bus and wait for the FW bus. Very Quick when there are a lot of people moving out of the park at the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter