to go or not go to the Halloween party

Snap Crackle Pop

Space Mountain
I haven't quite decided if I want to go to the Halloween Party, one of the main reasons I don't want to go is because I would rather not pay for a ticket because I didn't really think it was worth it when I went 4 years ago. The Halloween candy is awful imo.

But with the rumor of a new Halloween parade that is what is making me consider going because I love parades. I didn't like the parade that I saw 4 years ago, it was so short and not impressive. I also wouldn't mind meeting rare characters, but I am assuming that I will be able to meet them during the day because in previous years I was able to see the "rare" Disney characters without needing to go to a Halloween party.

I'd probably go to a Wednesday party since they are the cheaper option. I'm just not sure if it's worth the price.

I can't add much other than to say we just bought tickets for the 9/23 party. What makes it worth it to me is the fact that two of our teens (17, 15) are elated to go with us and want to dress up. The candy is very secondary. The entertainment is important as are character ops.

I was right there with you-it money that you dont want to spend but you will if the value is really really (and in my humble opinion 79 dollars worth a value per person for a 5 hour party it better be a noticeable value).

1. I think that the Frightfully Fun Parade should be pretty good, particularly since they are selling dining packages with preferred seating for the parade. Disney is out to make money but they must realize that you cant just put a headless horseman in front of the cavalcade and charge extra for it. They also want the experiences to be worth repeating for the locals and to make the FFP worth repeating it will have to be a lot better than the old cavalcade.

2. Its the only way to see a more substantial fireworks show that includes projections. Fantasy in the sky is short and basic and thats all you are going to get if you don't go to a party.

3. The HP and the preparty in TT are know for having rare characters and that is part of the appeal.

4. Disney seems to be adding value to the party by taking away value to the regular offerings (like no other night time parades and only fantasy in the sky fireworks on non-party nights) so id be surprised if the had all that much character variety out there for everyone when they are billed as part of what you get with your party ticket and they want to sell those tickets.

Just my 2 cents of course and all just opinions based on limited information

I was on the fence as well. Going to be at DLR 10/2 - 10/5. I have done MNSSHP at WDW several times but have never done the west coast version. The new MHP parade sounds good and MHP will be the only chance to see fireworks while I'm there so I booked for 10/3. Like Walt said, experiences are the only things we really own....

I was also on the fence about it as well but I remember being at Disneyland about 2 years ago on a evening just before the party. We were leaving just before it started and I saw the fog coming off of that little pond near BTMRR and it looked pretty neat.

My wife thought it wold be a waste of money but I love everything about Halloween. So this year I decided to buy us tickets for the 10/3 party and tell my wife about it after I bought them so she couldn't talk me out of it. You only live once.

We are considering this as well. Will have two 4 year old girls with us. Not sure if it will be worth it. Any feedback would be much appreciated from those who have done it with this age group in the past. What rides are open for this age/size?

We are considering this as well. Will have two 4 year old girls with us. Not sure if it will be worth it. Any feedback would be much appreciated from those who have done it with this age group in the past. What rides are open for this age/size?

Basically all the rides were open last year when we went.

The big question is how late they will stay up and and still enjoy themselves. If you are only going to be there a few hours after the party starts, I don't think it is worth it.

1. I think that the Frightfully Fun Parade should be pretty good, particularly since they are selling dining packages with preferred seating for the parade. .
I was under the impression it was just a FastPass that gives you access to preferred viewing area. I haven't seen anything about seats being involved. (Sounds nit-picky, I know, but to me there is a lot of value difference between a FastPass viewing area and a seated viewing area.)

I think the description of the FP area on the DLR webpage states specifically that the viewing area is standing only unless you are disabled.

Besides the things that have already been mentioned we really enjoyed being in the park when it had a different feel. The background/ambiance music is changed and gives the park a different vibe and we like that some of the spaces had been repurposed for the candy lanes and Halloween experiences. :flower3:

maxresdefault_zpsmaakxdf1.jpg

On the fence here as well. Our trip isn't until the week before Halloween and those parties are $89 each so $350+ for us. I am super hesitant. We've done MNSSHP twice and loved it but felt after the last time that we didn't feel it was worth the extra expense (and it wasn't as expensive as MHP is now). Decisions, decisions.

I haven't quite decided if I want to go to the Halloween Party, one of the main reasons I don't want to go is because I would rather not pay for a ticket because I didn't really think it was worth it when I went 4 years ago. The Halloween candy is awful imo.

But with the rumor of a new Halloween parade that is what is making me consider going because I love parades. I didn't like the parade that I saw 4 years ago, it was so short and not impressive. I also wouldn't mind meeting rare characters, but I am assuming that I will be able to meet them during the day because in previous years I was able to see the "rare" Disney characters without needing to go to a Halloween party.

I'd probably go to a Wednesday party since they are the cheaper option. I'm just not sure if it's worth the price.

If you didn't like them four years ago, they didn't get any better when we did them three and two years ago. Crowded, interminable lines for a bored CM to drop two peanut chews in your treat bag, half the restaurants closed, acting-out teenagers being rowdy in ride queues, and expensive. I'll never get why people like the DL Halloween parties.

To me, you have to decide what you want out of it and *do THAT*.

We tried to do sort of everything and we did it poorly, so we were majorly disappointed. Cruddy candy and waiting a long time in lines. Didn't really meet any characters because we were too busy standing in the candy lines. I don't remember riding any rides, because we were too busy in candy lines. I think we saw the parade but I don't remember it at all. etc

Note: we did the Exact Same Thing the year before at WDW. We just don't learn.

And the candy thing is really stupid for us to do because DS can't eat the candy they give out anyway! And yes I've heard that this year they are advertising some sort of allergy token or whatever but it's not an allergy and the likelihood of the candy being given for the tokens being what HE can eat is low.

But if we did it again we would IGNORE the candy we would hit the rides, see the parade, and try to take part in any party-like things there might be.

If I wanted to do the Happy Haunts Tour would I also have to go to the Halloween party?
(I'm about 80% certain now that I will be going, during the weekday parties though.)

If I wanted to do the Happy Haunts Tour would I also have to go to the Halloween party?
(I'm about 80% certain now that I will be going, during the weekday parties though.)

No the tour is a completely separate paid your event and goes in early in the day. Sadly it sounds as if it's changed too much from last year which we LOVED especially as it was closer to night.

No the tour is a completely separate paid your event and goes in early in the day. Sadly it sounds as if it's changed too much from last year which we LOVED especially as it was closer to night.

Yeah I got the information on it, and they are only focusing on the Haunted Mansion and that's it.. totally not worth it for the price.
I'm excited because I might for sure be going to a party, and just avoiding trick-or-treating, but I do want to meet the characters and watch the entertainment.

I was on the fence as well. Going to be at DLR 10/2 - 10/5. I have done MNSSHP at WDW several times but have never done the west coast version. The new MHP parade sounds good and MHP will be the only chance to see fireworks while I'm there so I booked for 10/3. Like Walt said, experiences are the only things we really own....

We are going to the Halloween party on 10/24 in lieu of adding an extra day of tickets and/or hoppers. The hopper price is kinda outrageous...so we'll play it by ear for the other 2 days we'll be there.

It's a 3-11 window for the halloween party that night...and since we aren't "all day" people at WDW...that night should be sufficient.

Well, I bought my tickets. I'm going... i'll just enjoy the fireworks, and parade.. maybe some character photos as well.

I wouldn't be going for the candy, you can buy an awful lot of candy on your own for $79pp. I'm sold on the fireworks, the parade, the characters and the atmosphere. I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter