To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Now do not take this the wrong way. This is NOT a lack of confidence on my part. I know I can run sub-3. I can feel it. It CAN happen. Whether it will or not is based on how the day goes. But IT IS possible. But with that being said, if I take the middle of the cardiovascular range, then I'm playing the prediction end of the game safe. And while I was disappointed about the 3:14 M at 2017 Lakefront, I will be happy with any time under a 3:14 at Disney 2020. Maybe even something slower than a 3:14 will still be ok with me. I'm running. I'm healthy. I'm racing. And those are three things I haven't been able to say together in approximately 2 years. So I appreciate the opportunity to go out and have what I consider to be a very fulfilling and enjoyable time running as hard as I can regardless of whatever the final time ends up being.

This paragraph makes me very very happy. I think everyone here knows that you are capable of a sub-3, and it's good to know that you feel that way too. Running can't be boiled down to just a number - there are a lot of factors involved - but sometimes the numbers are the easiest way to quantify it. It sounds like you're trusting the numbers for your guess, but you know that anything can happen, and I think that's an awesome approach. No matter what happens, you worked so hard this training cycle, and I hope you enjoy your victory lap!

I like data, and can make some fantastic charts as well. But one several pages back suggests that all your previous data used to predict your finishing score puts you in the middle of the pack of predicting your own race times. I underestimated the weather, and thinking of how I felt going from cold home to humidity a few weeks ago, I would revise my time prediction to add 3 minutes, for a 3:03:20.

Now do not take this the wrong way. This is NOT a lack of confidence on my part. I know I can run sub-3. I can feel it. It CAN happen. Whether it will or not is based on how the day goes. But IT IS possible. But with that being said, if I take the middle of the cardiovascular range, then I'm playing the prediction end of the game safe. And while I was disappointed about the 3:14 M at 2017 Lakefront, I will be happy with any time under a 3:14 at Disney 2020. Maybe even something slower than a 3:14 will still be ok with me. I'm running. I'm healthy. I'm racing. And those are three things I haven't been able to say together in approximately 2 years. So I appreciate the opportunity to go out and have what I consider to be a very fulfilling and enjoyable time running as hard as I can regardless of whatever the final time ends up being.

:car:

Sometimes just typing such an affirmation can be helpful to me. I also find it helpful to remind myself of a dumb song my kiddos loved from Daniel Tiger "Sometimes you feel two feelings at the same time, and that's okay." I wanted to drop that here in case it you could benefit from the reminder.

Sometimes just typing such an affirmation can be helpful to me. I also find it helpful to remind myself of a dumb song my kiddos loved from Daniel Tiger "Sometimes you feel two feelings at the same time, and that's okay." I wanted to drop that here in case it you could benefit from the reminder.

Definitely just hummed this out loud at my desk...

@DopeyBadger, I'm proud to be sharing the course with you this weekend. Go get it.

Good thing you had the extra day for flight delays :). Hopefully see you on Friday at HH but i know you have family time. Good luck on Sunday.

Good luck. Right foot, left foot and repeat. When it gets hard remember that you have a wall of disboarders virtually or on course pushing you like a helpful tailwind. And the best carrot is always that getting to the finish quicker means getting family hugs quicker :)
You Got This!

Good luck Billy!! And good luck everyone else running tomorrow!! Tomorrow is setting up to be more swampy than today, but with proper pacing it can be conquered!! Enjoy the victory lap 😆

Any clue on your outfit for tomorrow? DW and friend will be cheering you on from in front of the castle!! Good luck coach!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter