todays exchange rate

:lmao: :rotfl: It's one of the good smells of Florida though ;)

Love it! They arrived at 9 this morning. My kids have finished school now because they all had exams; so I went and woke them up telling them to smell the dollars!!:laughing:
Poor DD has really bad hayfever and couldn't smell anything!!

Jules x

The interbank rate has pushed up above 1.50 again this evening - here's hoping it can continue to improve :cool2:

Interbank means the rate traded between banks - it's not a place as such that customers like us can access. It's useful for knowing where the real price of the currency is though to assess how a good a deal on offer is.
Generally travel agents/bureaux de change rates are a few cents below the interbank rate (if you're buying that is, they are well above if you're selling), other methods like Fairfx and the like have more competitive rates.
Then there's good old Crown Currency whose rates seem to come from somewhere I don't understand :rolleyes1

Thanks for explaining it - no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere!!!!!! feel very foolish now!!!!!!!!!!!
:laughing::rotfl:

Thanks for explaining it - no wonder I couldn't find it anywhere!!!!!! feel very foolish now!!!!!!!!!!!
:laughing::rotfl:

Hey, you were clever enough to ask about it. Now think if it had been somewhere you could get a good deal - you would have been all the wiser. :goodvibes

today rate at thomas cook online $1.4632 UP 0.0072
£500 = $731.70 UP $3.60
UP since last friday $3.60
Record low monday 17th may $1.3786
Record high tuesday 1th nov $1.6357

Good to see the $ is pushing close to 1.51 this morning. You can now get an August delivery from Crown currency at 1.51 which is the highest it has been for ages.

today rate at thomas cook online $1.4654 UP 0.0020
£500 = $731.70 UP $1.00
UP since last friday $4.60

I turn the corner past the Cheque Centre in the morning on my way to the office with bated breath - willing it to be up from the day before. Good that it seems to be holding its own now.

At last! I have a HSBC US Premier account and finally able to do an internet transfer at $1.50 today!!:thumbsup2

today rate at thomas cook online $1.4649 DOWN $0.0005
£500 = $732.45 DOWN $0.25
UP since last friday $4.35

today rate at thomas cook online $1.4499 DOWN $0.0150
£500 = $724.95 DOWN $7.50
DOWN since last friday $3.15

yes i am just got back in after doing some shopping.

today rate at thomas cook online $1.4754 UP $0.0255
£500 = $737.70 UP $12.75
UP since last friday $9.60

The biggest gain so far this year in 1 day :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Sorry for being a little late

i have had a look at my list for last months dollars exchange rates.
it went up 0.0528 cents

or $26.40 more on £500 exchanged.

thats lunch for 2 at the star light cafe.

The biggest gain so far this year in 1 day :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

thats lunch for 2 at the star light cafe.

.... or 7 Cinnamon rolls at the Main Street Bakery ;)

I'm happy now! Have a good weekend! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter