• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toddler Mask Wearing Tips?

Also have a toddler who turned 2 in December. ‘Mask training’ before potty training was never something I thought I’d have to be doing but here we are. He was very against it, ripping it right off his face. But we make time every day to practice. I reward it with a certain airplane game (while wearing mine at the same time). Just this month I was confident enough to bring him to the store wearing it, a jacket with long sleeves stops the urge to pull it off too. I wasn’t going to commit us to a family vacation unless I felt comfortable enough that we weren’t going to get kicked off the plane. We are definitely nearing that corner so we booked spring break at Disney. Will still need prayers lol

Also have a toddler who turned 2 in December. ‘Mask training’ before potty training was never something I thought I’d have to be doing but here we are. He was very against it, ripping it right off his face. But we make time every day to practice. I reward it with a certain airplane game (while wearing mine at the same time). Just this month I was confident enough to bring him to the store wearing it, a jacket with long sleeves stops the urge to pull it off too. I wasn’t going to commit us to a family vacation unless I felt comfortable enough that we weren’t going to get kicked off the plane. We are definitely nearing that corner so we booked spring break at Disney. Will still need prayers lol

Same. My daughter is okay wearing it but has never worn it for that long. I've read a new article about a plane kicking a 2 year old and family off before take out because they were freaking out but I was trying to find other reports about people getting kicked off for toddlers having a hard time but I wasn't finding much. So I really hope its not that common and if they see you are genuinely are trying and not just like anti mask and straight up refusing that they will be a little understanding.

Same. My daughter is okay wearing it but has never worn it for that long. I've read a new article about a plane kicking a 2 year old and family off before take out because they were freaking out but I was trying to find other reports about people getting kicked off for toddlers having a hard time but I wasn't finding much. So I really hope its not that common and if they see you are genuinely are trying and not just like anti mask and straight up refusing that they will be a little understanding.
I know this isn’t the case always, but we flew with a family on Allegiant last June. Their son had just turned 2 and they didn’t put a mask on him and the flight attendants didn’t say a word to them. I had been so nervous for them for both our flights. I’m not brave enough to try that.

And yet, somehow, we do "force" our kids to wear pants and shirts and shoes in public, or a jacket outdoors, etc. Almost every parent has been there/done that with a toddler who doesn't like to wear ____ (fill in the blank). It just takes patience and practice and firm consistent rules -- we won't go if you don't wear it, we will leave the store if you don't put it back on, etc. Toddlers take their cues from the adults around them, and if they sense any hesitancy to enforce a rule they jump right into that loophole.
Most children have been wearing clothes since birth. Wearing something over your face is not something that comes natural.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter