Tom Sawyer Island

Yes, it's still open. Your daughter's are the perfect age! My own daughters loved the island at that age. Lots to explore, and several places for parents to sit and rest their feet. It's the perfect place to go in the middle of the afternoon when lines are long everywhere else (and you need a quiet place to rest).

Make sure to check the hours for the island in the app. Visiting the island was something I specifically wanted to do on my last trip, but it was only open from like 11am to 5pm? Right in the heat of the day. It was a no go.

We love going over to the Island. It's a nice getaway from the crowds and plenty of places to sit and relax, and it's fairly shady as well with all of the trees.

My kids loved it as teens. It was a nice peaceful break from the chaos. My son had just read Tom Sawyer in HS so he had the best time and took tons of pictures.

It is a fun break from the rest of the park. Most of the area is shaded too. Hottest part is the boat ride to and from.

My family must be klutzy because whenever we visited TSI, someone always fell and got hurt, including me. :crutches:That being said, the kids liked it. pirate: When they weren't crying :jester:

Long live TSI! Your kids will have a blast exploring. Make sure they find the 'escape tunnel' at the fort.

We were there a couple of weeks back and the 'barrel bridge' was still closed for refurbishment. Does anyone know if/when it is opening?

As others have said it is shady and some nice rocking chairs around as well. There are a few to the left of the entrance to the fort that face big thunder mountain that are especially nice... There is a cave it is the longer one to the left and around a path (that should help find it... not) that is air conditioned there is some uneven parts so you are aware but it is nice and cool but more so it is fun to walk through.

Are there any food options on Tom Sawyer Island?
Not currently. There used to by Aunt Polly's and then some vending machines. However, you can bring food from the mainland on the boats over to the island. We do that sometimes.

It's a great place to watch the parade without being in the crowd. Love the island. It has so many memories for me, particularly of the time I spent there with my grandpa.

Not currently. There used to by Aunt Polly's and then some vending machines. However, you can bring food from the mainland on the boats over to the island. We do that sometimes.

It's a great place to watch the parade without being in the crowd. Love the island. It has so many memories for me, particularly of the time I spent there with my grandpa.
Great - thank you!

The best days for TSI were when Aunt Polly's Dockside Diner was open and when you could catch the first raft over to look for the Paintbrushes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter