• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tomorrowland Skyline Terrace Reviews/Opinions

Is it possible to order off the regular Galictic Grill menu or are the three, meh items the only ones you can choose?

Is it possible to order off the regular Galictic Grill menu or are the three, meh items the only ones you can choose?
I believe those are the only things you can order. I wasn't impressed when looking at the menu. The burger turned out to be a wonderful surprise. I really enjoyed it. You can always contact Disneyland and check before you book.

Reviving this thread to ask if anyone has a recent review, or if anyone is going in the next few weeks for the holiday fireworks?

We have it booked in about 3 weeks but I’m leaning towards cancelling as overall it hasn’t sounded like an amazing experience.

Piggybacking on last post. I have ADR for 1/14 and wondering if it is worth it and if there have been any changes. Thanks!

I am also curious about the fireworks music - some older reports say there is no audio for the fireworks. We have this booked for the first night of the new fireworks show in January and would love to keep it to avoid crowds, however if there is no audio I am not sure it will be worth it. Thanks!

I am also curious about the fireworks music - some older reports say there is no audio for the fireworks. We have this booked for the first night of the new fireworks show in January and would love to keep it to avoid crowds, however if there is no audio I am not sure it will be worth it. Thanks!
My friend recently did this experience on November 11 and she said there was no music at all.

I just checked in for my Skyline Terrace reservation. They have some new menu items. I got the Turkey sandwich and it is DELICIOUS. Enjoying my view after a short flight and exhausting week. Food is fresh and hot. Seasonal dessert too!

Will update this post later with a full review just wanted to share some pics :)20221214_181613.jpg20221214_181758.jpg20221214_183210.jpg20221214_183221.jpg20221214_183252.jpg

Astylla, that looks amazing!! I've only been there when it was the fireworks viewing and you got a box of treats. I may have to go back!

Skyline Terrace Review 12/14/22

I decided to book the Skyline Terrace for myself since I would be arriving in the afternoon and didn't feel like dealing with crowds for a spot. Despite reading many negative to lukewarm reviews overall I always believe in trying things for ourselves and for me , I am SO GLAD I DID !
It is $60 including all tax and must be paid at time of booking.

Check in begins at Galactic Grill. My reservation time was set for 7pm but was the first one checked into the podium near Pickup Window 1 around 630pm. They will hand you a lanyard with your credentials for the night , since you do not have to stay there the entire time and can go in and out as you please ! This was my favorite part I'll get into later.

They have cast members that will check your name , explain the process of picking up your meal and where to go after.
Recently they updated their menu, as the last review I saw had a meatloaf sandwich that was now replaced with a "Thanksgiving leftover" sandwich. They also had pot roast and a veggie pasta meal for plant based needs. Hot drinks are offered at time of pickup and cold drinks are provided at the Skyline Terrace itself, and both are unlimited!

Each meal comes with One entree and One dessert as well as beverages. Before 8pm you will order any hot drinks with your meal , after 8pm they will bring them to you at the Skyline Terrace itself with the cast members there.

Please see pics in previous post for food menu offerings and food photos.
I was very pleasantly surprised by how good my sandwich was since I always skip Galactic Grill for food normally.
The sandwich had amazing flavor, very moist and the gravy pulled it together. Even the sweet potato puffs were fresh and hot.
I did have a guest seated near me that for the pot roast and it smelled delicious and was piping hot !
The desserts consisted of a seasonal peppermint chocolate parafit which I chose and an apple pie like dessert. I think most everyone upstairs got the pepermint one lol.

Onceyoui get your order you walk over to the Skyline Terrace entrance , to the right near Pizza Planet and across from the Tomorrowland Popcorn Cart , which is a ramp so accessible to everyone.
Now I will say as a solo adult this wasnt a problem but could see how it might be bothersome for others. There is absolutely no rule you MUST dine up there, but they do have cold canned and bottled drinks, so you could send one family member to get some if you desire.

I was the first one to be seated and it is assigned , however if you aren't comfortable please just politely ask the cast member. Not all seats were filled last night. They have high tops and low tops. I was in a high top and found it very comfortable!
I was led to my table and explained this woukd be "my" table for the night. Each is numbered with a light up sign with a table nunber that doubles as a phone charger! They also have charging cables if you need one , that was awesome to me and loved that option.

I enjoyed my meal upstairs while listening to the Tomorrowland Dance Holiday party and taking in the sounds. It was absolutely wonderful. After my meal it was around 7:30pm so decided to go do some rides.
I set up my DAS for small world as soon as I entered the park via monorail, so walked over and got to follow the end of the parade , what fun timing ! I then setup DAS for Alice as well , walked around some, took pictures and just enjoyed the ambiance of it all. It was COLD , so I.loved knowing I had a spot waiting for me. The flexibility to come and go should be really "sold" more in my opinion.

It.was getting colder and almost 8:45pm so decided to head back. I grabbed a few more cans of soda and a cast member offered me a blanket , which I happily accepted !
I then chatted with a lovely woman named Marian sat next to me at a shared high top and we shared some great stories. Soon we had cast members offering coffee and hot chocolate, so nice !

Fireworks start at 930pm and had an AMAZING cast member named Ryan doing trivia with everyone table to table. He keeps a book of trivia questions and at the end of the rounds , if you can stump him with one , he will put it in his book and give you a Honorary Citizen of Disneyland pin. Some of the questions were really tough even for a fan like me. He truly is a GEM and has the best energy and interaction, genuinely has love for what he does. And I did stump him !
My question was " Where was the first published sighting of a hidden mickey made ?", thanks Wikipedia lol. So I got my button ;)

I found out Vice President Nixon and Walt rode the monorail together and Bob Gurr was there too. If you see Ryan and he has a notebook , ask him about it !

Another cast member came around asking more trivia, this time clues to a movie/character/etc. I probably got about 85% right and some were obscure so I was proud of myself. I came just one point short of getting to autograph his book too.
I loved these interactions , the cast members absolutely made this experience special.

At 9:32pm the music started playing and piped in and Fireworks started.
I loved my view. For full disclosure I do not care about projections as they are not visible so keep this in mind.
If projections matter I would find a good quality YouTube video , put it on silent and play it at your table :)

I absolutely loved everything about this experience. I honestly expected to come here with a terrible review but I *personally* had the best time. This was far and away light-years better than River Belle Premium package for Fantasmic where I paid double for absolutely inedible food.

My advice is this : Try it if you think it has value to you and your family. Just understand that Fireworks at disneyland are EXTREMELY weather dependent so look at the forecast for any windy days, as if they are canceled a refund will not be issued.

Happy Holidays everyone !
20221214_184855.jpg20221214_183252.jpg20221214_204615.jpg20221214_204654.jpg20221214_205042.jpg20221214_213343.jpg20221214_214106.jpg20221214_214133.jpg20221214_214619.jpg20221214_183050.jpg

WOW WOW WOW!! This is something I would totally love!! Much better than the first version.

Let's definitely coordinate sometime! I have an Inspire key and my dh won't go...

WOW WOW WOW!! This is something I would totally love!! Much better than the first version.

Let's definitely coordinate sometime! I have an Inspire key and my dh won't go...

I honestly went in with little expectation as I wanted to post an HONEST review.

I'm inspire too so yay!
My work schedule is changing some come January but I'll message you later this week so we can start talking about things :)

Hmm...So they are now piping the music in? That was folks biggest gripe before, glad to know that they are listening!

I wonder if it was a technical issue or wasn't happening at all. I saw people mention both in reviews. It was absolutely clear as day even with ambient noise below so hope it was just a temporary issue or they did listen :)

What a great review! We ended up canceling this week because I couldn’t get any information on whether they had made any changes, and we had a lot of very jet lagged people so I wasn’t sure we’d make it up late enough to enjoy.

We did end up crashing early that night so canceling was probably the right call for us, but the new menu (there weren’t kids choices before, right?), the music being piped in, etc all sound like great enhancements!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter