Tomorrowland Transit Authority

SnoWhiteRabbit, maybe this will help you out.

The name of the attraction that sits where Buzz's ride is today started out as If You Had Wings, and, yes, it was sponsored by Eastern Airlines. The other attraction you're speaking of was called America the Beautiful, and it was in the theater that houses the Timekeeper today.

I hope that I answered your questions!!! :wave: :teeth:

The TTA (or sleep machine as we call it) is great for getting tired (and somewhat cranky) 0-3 year olds to sleep. We have used it for both our kids and it normally takes two loops (they let you stay on) and the childs are OUT COLD.

Try it.

I know that WED was confirmed, I just wanted to share a little further info. Before the Parks Research & Development department was called Imagineering, it was called WED (Walter Elias Disney). But they kept getting phone calls asking for people to plan weddings, so they switched the name to Imagineering - part Imagination, part Engineering. Learned that on one of the Travel Channel specials and have been waiting to share it!!!! :)

Anyway, I remember when I went for the first time in 1986, I was in Tomorrowland with my mom waiting for my Dad and my sister to finish Space Mountain, and I REALLY wanted to try that thing that was going around above us!!! For some reason though, we weren't able to. It wasn't until we got home and I was thumbing through the souvenir picture book my dad had bought that I found out it was called the WEDWay People Mover.

When I went back in January 2002, for the first time since that 1986 trip, one of the things I HAD to do was ride the WEDWay People Mover!!!!! I was somewhat confused when I couldn't find it, and just happened to stumble onto the TTA. My fiancée and I still call it the PeopleMover. :)

Originally posted by Buzzlvr31
SnoWhiteRabbit, maybe this will help you out.

The name of the attraction that sits where Buzz's ride is today started out as If You Had Wings, and, yes, it was sponsored by Eastern Airlines. The other attraction you're speaking of was called America the Beautiful, and it was in the theater that houses the Timekeeper today.

I hope that I answered your questions!!! :wave: :teeth:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Buzzlvr! Wow those were very vague memories floating around in my brain from my two childhood trips to WDW in the 70's and 80's. I was young then - only 5 and 10! My brother and I were recently talking about the Carousel of Progress -- and started remembering these other rides!

Thanks again!

And thanks Stacky Snacky for the trivia. I love those little details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter