• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Too much? BOMA: BKFT and Dinner? Same day?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
So we have a short 2 day stay at AKL next month at the beginning of our trip. We ALWAYS eat dinner at Boma, every trip. Just LOVE eating here.

However, we have never had the breakfast buffet. (Typically we stay CL (includes breakfast) or just grab something quick at Mara's.) I am curious to try it. However, the only time that it will work is the same day that we have Boma's for dinner.

I am also concerned that this will be way too much food. Which is a large part of why I have never tried the breakfast buffet. DH typically just has coffee for BKFT and I will typically just have fruit and/or oatmeal.

For those who have eaten both, Are the food selections different for the two meals?

Opinions would be very helpful!!!

Thank you everyone.

I've done both & have enjoyed both very much but I have to give the edge to the breakfast. It was so good. It was my favorite meal of the trip. I would be fine doing both on the same day assuming they were spread far enough apart. What times are your reservations? If you're not big breakfast eaters, I'm not sure it would be worth it though.

Thank you. That is what I have often read - that many people really find the breakfast to be outstanding!

The times we have now are 9:05 am and 6:55 pm. I may try to get a slightly earlier breakfast, but we were planning a slow start fro that morning anyway. We will skip lunch altogether of course, so it would be about 9 hours between eating, I am guessing. So, I am hoping that after 8-9 hours on the go in the AK we should be able to eat again. Still, way more food than we normally eat with 2 buffets....BUT I REALLY want to try that breakfast! Just not sure that my poor stomach can fit all that food in! LOL! DH will probably just have coffee and one pastry, at most, for his breakfast.

As long a you only plan to snack for lunch and not really do a QS or TS, you should be fine.
We find the food at Boma breakfast carries us through the day easily.
For us, Boma twice, plus alunch would be too much.

Boma is our favorite for breakfast. It's a must do every trip. I never had dinner there though. As a previous post stated it does carry us through the day until dinner.

I'm another to recommend the breakfast. It's a must do for us every trip now. It's either a breakfast on our resort hopping day, or it's definitely the last breakfast during our stay so we have lots of energy for our long drive home.

What do you like so much about the Boma breakfast? It's one of our favorites for dinner but to me breakfast is just breakfast.

We love both, tend to do the breakfast more often. We generally only do one TS a day, and especially a buffet, but since your time is spread out, you may do o.k. I echo the pp that said eat light!

Have Mickey bar for lunch and you'll be fine. We've only been to Boma for breakfast, but it was really good. The smoked plantains we're new for us and we went back for more. Plenty of options and everything was fresh and delicious.

What do you like so much about the Boma breakfast? It's one of our favorites for dinner but to me breakfast is just breakfast.

We like all the different choices that are a little different than the standard Breakfast buffet. They still have a small meat station, a couple of African inspired breakfast casseroles, I didn't know I liked quinoa until I had the breakfast version there. The goat cheese egg omelette was one of the best things we have had anywhere, and the Breakfast Frunch (juice combo) is nearly worth the price of the breakfast! (not really, but close!)

If I were in this situation, I'd re-arrange my schedule to do the Boma breakfast the day I check out of AKL, instead of the same day with the Boma dinner. I like both meals, and I'd rather do on different days.

If it could fit in schedule, breakfast could be late enough to serve as brunch, in place of lunch, since you don't typically have large breakfasts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter