TOP SECRET Ladies and gentlemens like the previous year MY FREE DINING NEWS

Congrats! I actually called our TA before she had the chance to call us .:laughing: She was up at 5:30 am this morning and on hold for 3 hours just to make sure we got FD :banana: This was on her own time since her office didn't open until 10 am. She went above and beyond what we ever expected! We're set for 11/29-12/8 at CBR with FD!

Oh, and btw, b/c our TA went over our expectations, we are going to thank her and her office with either flowers or an edible arrangement. This was our first time using a TA instead of booking it oursleves.

I have been watching for your confirmation post today. :goodvibes Glad you got it all squared away. I would go for the edible arrangement. Nothing says "thank you" like a big ol' cookie on a stick. :rotfl:

That's because they have a new program that now updates the new ticket prices when you add a discount code to the reservation package. I read a post on hear where someone talked to a CM manager and they said it just started the day the Visa free dining promo came out. Everyone that added the FD code to a reservation that was made before the new ticket prices came out got charge the difference in the new price.

Ahhhh! That would explain our price increase. When I figured it out with our bowling league credits (it was a vacation league) and free dining added to our package I came out with less than what our TA told us the final balance was. There's a $60.19 increase for us and we originally booked in May. Now I see why.

I have been watching for your confirmation post today. :goodvibes Glad you got it all squared away. I would go for the edible arrangement. Nothing says "thank you" like a big ol' cookie on a stick. :rotfl:

I've made it that obvious on the Boards about how bad I wanted FD, huh :rotfl:? Being patient is very hard for me at times :hyper:

DS10 wants to do the fruit so they can have the chocolate covered strawberries. There are a few edible arrangement companies out there that we can check out.

I've made it that obvious on the Boards about how bad I wanted FD, huh :rotfl:? Being patient is very hard for me at times :hyper:

DS10 wants to do the fruit so they can have the chocolate covered strawberries. There are a few edible arrangement companies out there that we can check out.

Cookies... dipped strawberries... it's all good.:thumbsup2

When DS had his tonsil/adenoid surgery last year, my DH's office sent him this Mickey Mouse fruit arrangement...

fruit.jpg

Of course, it wasn't the most practical gift for a kid that could only eat ice cream, but DD sure did enjoy it!:lmao: The pineapple was shaped as Mickey's head. Something like this might be cute for your TA.:goodvibes

Shari's Berries have DELICIOUS chocolate covered strawberries!!!!! They are my favorite!

I was on hold this morning for about 1 hour but I needed to changed an existing AP room/dining reservation to free dining. Got a WONDERFUL CM - really wonderful isnt the right word - she was great! I am upset that I didn't catch her name in the beginning but she helped me through changing my AP room/dining reservation (regular dining) POFQ to free dining - 12/10 thru 12/16 and upgrade from standard to garden room and from regular to deluxe dining and then added 1 night deluxe package for the 9th. (I want to eat at Narcoosees the first night and this is the cheapest way of doing it) So all in all - I got the resort that I wanted - upgraded room and upgraded dining (I love deluxe because I am spoiled on Signature restaurants) and one night deluxe package added on - all still cheaper than my original AP room/dining reservation.

Now I can't wait until December.

I called reservations this morning, was on hold for an hour and then hung up because I needed to go to work.

After work, I called back again and got an agent right away.

We are now booked with FD at POP Century !!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!

::yes::popcorn:::duck::3dglasses

(I know the smilies don't make sense :blush: they are the ones the kids picked.)

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Don't feel bad. We wanted POFQ but had to settle for CBR for October 22-27.

We had POFQ booked and had to switch to POR for 10/20-10/26 Monday when the Visa FD came out. Not too upset though we got a Royal Guest room with River view.

We had POFQ booked and had to switch to POR for 10/20-10/26 Monday when the Visa FD came out. Not too upset though we got a Royal Guest room with River view.

Hey, we'll be neighbors! We are going same days, some hotel, same room, same view... I'd have to say great minds think alike!

kifuller4 said:
Hey, we'll be neighbors! We are going same days, some hotel, same room, same view... I'd have to say great minds think alike!

You can say that again! :) Very cool!

Thank you, thank you, thank you danny25. I believed you last year and got FD at Pop for a week at the beginning of Nov during Food and Wine. When you posted your heads up this year, I marked it on my calendar and just booked online for the week after Thanksgiving, 11/27 - 12/5 at Pop with FD!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

AmyinPA said:
I have a QA. When you book online where does it say you are getting free dining? I was already booked at POR Riverside but in order to get the free dining for my week 10/20-10/27 I had to switch to CBR. However, I just went online and tried to book a new reservation through POR for those dates and it's available?

We were booked at POFQ for those exact same dates and had to switch to CBR as well. Maybe we'll see you there :)

Cookies... dipped strawberries... it's all good.:thumbsup2

When DS had his tonsil/adenoid surgery last year, my DH's office sent him this Mickey Mouse fruit arrangement...

fruit.jpg

Of course, it wasn't the most practical gift for a kid that could only eat ice cream, but DD sure did enjoy it!:lmao: The pineapple was shaped as Mickey's head. Something like this might be cute for your TA.:goodvibes

I was just on their web site and the only Disney themed item they have is a Princess one. I wouldn't mind it, but it looks more for a little girl, not an adult.

I was just on their web site and the only Disney themed item they have is a Princess one. I wouldn't mind it, but it looks more for a little girl, not an adult.

Bummer! I have heard great things about Shari's Berries, as well. I am sure your TA's office will love anything you choose! :goodvibes

We had, have since I can't through to cancel, a room at POFQ at the AAA rate.

I looked online this morning for FD there and found there were no rooms available for our dates.

Second choice, POR. All they had was a Princess themed room. I have teen boys, that won't go over so well. :rotfl2:

Third choice, CBR. I booked that, specifically a Pirate room at CBR. pirate:

Now I just have to get through on the phone and cancel the POFQ room. :hourglass

Forgive me if this question sounds stupid:) I booked a RG at POR. I did not know that there were different type rooms:confused3 How do I know what themed room I booked?
Thank you for all your help!:thanks:

If FD starts on the 10th, you aren't eligible if you check in on the 9th. You have to check in on the 10th. You have to CHECK IN on one of the dates with FD not just be there at that time. So you would either need to do a room only on the 9th and a package starting the 10th or move your trip back to the 10th to be eligible for free dining.

Sorry, let me clarify, currently we are booked 12/9 - 12/15 GF Deluxe Dining

I went online to see how much less it would be if we did 12/10-12/16 with FD and everything else the same.

I didn't really see any savings - unless I am totally missing something there or not doing something correctly.

Sorry, let me clarify, currently we are booked 12/9 - 12/15 GF Deluxe Dining

I went online to see how much less it would be if we did 12/10-12/16 with FD and everything else the same.

I didn't really see any savings - unless I am totally missing something there or not doing something correctly.

You must have missed something, because when I just did the simple basic packages for the GF with DxDDP vs. GF with Free Dining reg. DDP, I come up with almost $1000 difference to your benefit if you go with Free Dining. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what your question is. Oh, and I did it based on 2 people, standard room outer building:

12/9-12/15 I come up with $4960.82 with paying for DxDDP
12/10-12/16 I come up with $3979.58 with Free Reg. DDP

That's a $1000 difference, you'd be much better off going with Free Dining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter