Topper'n'Tags Sign Ups CLOSED - ACTIVE

Mickster, you are so funny! I'm glad you are on the list, but I was going to hook you up anyway :teeth:

Thanks for the advice on colors and design ideas. I think I'm going to see if I can get that Mickey to hang on a ring like you suggested. I'm liking that idea more and more. :woohoo:

this POTC is KILLING me!!!! I cant seem to get into it!!! I AM HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME WITH IT. I HAVE ALL MY OTHER GROUPS DONE AND JUST CANT SEEM TO GET MOTIVATED TO DO THIS - I AM DRAWING A BLANK!!!
HELP------------------
JENNIFER

i wish i could help jennifer. maybe if you walk away from it for a while, something will come to you. i felt the very same way with the railroad pages i was making. i was really getting frustrated with it. i posted "help me" over on that thread and everyone was so happy to help me out. sorry i'm no help.

this POTC is KILLING me!!!! I cant seem to get into it!!! I AM HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME WITH IT. I HAVE ALL MY OTHER GROUPS DONE AND JUST CANT SEEM TO GET MOTIVATED TO DO THIS - I AM DRAWING A BLANK!!!
HELP------------------
JENNIFER

Your topper can be just the POTC letters. We all know what it stands for. For your element, what about a treasure chest journal box? Or a tag with a map or eye patch on it? Or slides/shaker box with jewels on/in it? Or a ring of keys? Use the key from the Cindy cart, make them in a bunch colors and use wire as the ring?
Or a quote?

those are a ton of good ideas!!! you rock awm in the idea dept!

Your topper can be just the POTC letters. We all know what it stands for. For your element, what about a treasure chest journal box? Or a tag with a map or eye patch on it? Or slides/shaker box with jewels on/in it? Or a ring of keys? Use the key from the Cindy cart, make them in a bunch colors and use wire as the ring?
Or a quote?

Are you sure i can just use POTC - i had the whole thing spelled out in cool pirate letters but it was just too big - what a pain!!!
I LOVE the idea of the keys and i think i can find a few diffent pirate type keys i have SCAL

thanks for a few of the ideas - this should help
Jennifer

Try watching a movie or two - help you into the zone;)

for group 11a (vacation), can I use a bazzill chipboard tag instead of a double matted paper tag?

http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/324200.html

embellished w/ ink, ribbon, brad and fibers?

::yes::
I think so.
Is it the 5x3 size?
That sounds pretty cool.
Will it just be inked on the side? Will the ribbon & fibers be wrapped around it or just in the hole? If you are wrapping it too, then I would think that would be enough embellishing.

Are you sure i can just use POTC - i had the whole thing spelled out in cool pirate letters but it was just too big - what a pain!!!
I LOVE the idea of the keys and i think i can find a few diffent pirate type keys i have SCAL

thanks for a few of the ideas - this should help
Jennifer

If you really want to use the whole thing, I give you permission to make borders instead of a topper.

::yes::
I think so.
Is it the 5x3 size?
That sounds pretty cool.
Will it just be inked on the side? Will the ribbon & fibers be wrapped around it or just in the hole? If you are wrapping it too, then I would think that would be enough embellishing.

yes, it's 5x3. The whole thing will be inked, but I was not going to wrap the fiber ... it's still embellished 4 ways. (if that's not enough, I'll do a paper tag, it would be cheaper, LOL)

the brad will be one of these (approx 1 inch)
http://www.mousememories.com/ZoomImage.aspx?productID=CI-16211

the ribbon will be http://www.mousememories.com/ZoomImage.aspx?productID=CI-14386
and will be attached on the back (in the pic, it's just sitting on there, didn't want to attach it until I know 100% what it will be). There will be 2 of the sayings from the ribbon, they may not all be the exact same sayings.

let me try to post a pic (wish me luck, LOL)

the pic isn't complete, since I don't have enough of the ribbon here to show it in both places. I might also add yellow fiber on top (there's red and white now, but the white doesn't really show up in the pic)

yes, it's 5x3. The whole thing will be inked, but I was not going to wrap the fiber ... it's still embellished 4 ways. (if that's not enough, I'll do a paper tag, it would be cheaper, LOL)

the ribbon will be http://www.mousememories.com/ZoomImage.aspx?productID=CI-14386
and will be attached on the back (in the pic, it's just sitting on there, didn't want to attach it until I know 100% what it will be). There will be 2 of the sayings from the ribbon, they may not all be the exact same sayings.

let me email you a pic, AWM, will you post it for me? :flower3:

the pic isn't complete, since I don't have enough of the ribbon here to show it in both places. I might also add yellow fiber on top (there's red and white now, but the white doesn't really show up in the pic)

Okay. I'll wait for the photo. I was thinking you were just going to ink the edges & put the ribbon & brad in the hole. But if you are putting the brad through the tag itself, that is way cooler. :thumbsup2

Go me! I figured out how to post a pic! :cool1:

and will be attached on the back (in the pic, it's just sitting on there, didn't want to attach it until I know 100% what it will be). There will be 2 of the sayings from the ribbon, (to separate the ink colors) they may not all be the exact same sayings.

the pic isn't complete, since I don't have enough of the ribbon here to show it in both places. I might also add yellow fiber on top (there's red and white now, but the white doesn't really show up in the pic) I also need to do the ink a little darker (although the pic is a bit washed out)

tag.jpg

THAT is cool!
I have yellow & black wildchild fiber to match what you already have. I can send it to you to use or I can add it into your baggies for the swapper to add.
I have a fiber fetish. :rolleyes1

THAT is cool!
I have yellow & black wildchild fiber to match what you already have. I can send it to you to use or I can add it into your baggies for the swapper to add.
I have a fiber fetish. :rolleyes1

:yay: Glad it's ok!

thanks for the fiber, that sounds awesome! You can do whichever would be easiest for you!!! Thanks so much!! :worship: :flower3:

well - after the idea of the keys - i suddenly remembered that i have the sizzix die of the skelton keys and cut them out of this blue thin metal - VERY COOL - now i will just destress them and go back to working on my title.
thanks for the ideas
jennifer

I will not work on these until I get back form my trip.

All Supplies are here and there are ideas in my head - I am not a sketcher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter