• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tortola on our own...

Aerodyne78

Mouseketeer
We've decided to skip going on an actual excursion while in Tortola. What are some things we can do while exploring on our own? It'll be me, DH & DD (9), along w/ my MIL & FIL. We would like to explore a little & eat some good food. TIA!

First, DH and DSs took a taxi to zip line right as soon as they called all ashore so they could beat the excursion groups. The got back around 10. We all ate breakfast and then we took a taxi to cane garden bay as a family for the rest of the day.

We just roamed around the port (kids too young for a taxi at the time) and there really isn’t much in the way of a decent restaurant. Not many stores. I’d definitely say make plans for leaving the port unless you had more like a 2-hr. stroll in mind

We took a taxi to Cane Garden Bay as well and it was the best day of the cruise, imo. We paid the small fee to rent to chairs and rented a few of the floating mats and noodles that one of the bars had out....totally worth it. Then we had a realitiviy inexpensive lunch down there as well.

There's a lovely little botanical garden we've been to twice. If you party is all older kids and adults and you feel up to it, you can definitely walk there and back. Or you can walk there and taxi back. We've done both ways.

There's always grabbing a random taxi and taking a tour. We did that once and drove around the whole island and then went to a beach for an hour. Had a great driver--very informative and friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter