TouringPlans.com - worth it?

CaryHaven

DIS Veteran
There's a money-back guarantee on this subscription, but just wondering if anyone had ever subscribed and liked it. I'm specifically wondering if their crowd calendar is more accurate than others I've seen. Thanks!

I've used it. I like it. In particular, I like the "Lines" app. While in the parks, it loads quickly and is quite accurate. As for crowd calendars, I use the ones on Touring Plans and cross reference to those on easywdw. Both use a relative scale for their crowd estimates and they are not an exact correlation to each other. I like the fact that Touring Plans gives a crowd estimate number for each park. I then compare to easywdw "recommended parks" and choose according to a consensus. There are actual reasons behind ratings at both sites and reading the explanations is worthwhile.

Very very worth it! We've used their plans and lines app for 3 trips and never waited more than 15 min max. Usually way less. (2 jan trips and 1 may)

They are associated with the book: The Unofficial Guide to WDW. I've read that book cover-to-cover more than once! I find it and the app very, very helpful. It's what, $10? I'd gladly pay three times that amount (and it would still be the best value, considering what I spend at WDW for unplanned snacks, souvenirs, etc).

They are associated with the book: The Unofficial Guide to WDW. I've read that book cover-to-cover more than once! I find it and the app very, very helpful. It's what, $10? I'd gladly pay three times that amount (and it would still be the best value, considering what I spend at WDW for unplanned snacks, souvenirs, etc).

Absolutely! I buy the book as well. I should have mentioned it before. That is why I have the website and app. With a book purchase, the website and app are considerably less. Also, I'm old fashioned and like to read actual books. I can bring it with me in the car and learn new things. I enjoy the author's notes for each attraction and the level of detail on who will enjoy what is fantastic.

Thanks all, I am going to get it. It's 12.95, I believe which is worth it to me if it's accurate.

I've used touring plans for years. I think their crowd calendar is one of the best ones out there. They do a lot of studying to get it right. Recently, while looking at their information about Kidani Village I found I could see the view from the rooms. That was really neat. Lastly, I have a lot of respect for Len Testa, one of the driving forces for TP. It's the same for me regarding everyone on the Dis Unplugged. I try to support them due to my respect for their efforts and all the time they save me for doing a lot of the leg work for me.

I fully support touringplans.com.

A few years ago my wife and I went on a DCL cruise that ended at the beginning of Spring Break. We decided that since we were only going to spend 2 days in the parks after the cruise we were going to skip plans and wing it. We got to DHS and it was packed. We logged into lines and following the recommended parks for the next two days and avoided the busiest parks.

We would use the crowd calenders religiously when planning. Disney has trained us that we need to plan 6 months out and this website provides the best information to make the right choices for parks/dining that far out.

I was going to ask this same question! I have the book on Kindle and have been trying to decide. When is a good time to purchase it? I mean, how long before your trip?

I was going to ask this same question! I have the book on Kindle and have been trying to decide. When is a good time to purchase it? I mean, how long before your trip?

What are you purchasing touring plans? It's always a good time :rotfl: I really like the app and enjoy the conversations that people are having or to see the wait times for my favorite rides.

Is it really worth it if you don't use their crowd calendars especially since MDE now has wait times?

I guess it depends on what you mean as worth it? Do I use it all of the time, no. Is it a tool I use every time I make plans for my next visit, yes. When I start planning the next trip I use the crowd calendar religiously. I like the app in the park and on the way to the park to get wait times. So for me, yes it's worth it.

I guess it depends on what you mean as worth it? Do I use it all of the time, no. Is it a tool I use every time I make plans for my next visit, yes. When I start planning the next trip I use the crowd calendar religiously. I like the app in the park and on the way to the park to get wait times. So for me, yes it's worth it.
Fair enough. I guess what I'm getting at is, it seems like the crowd calendar is Touring Plan's biggest benefit over MDE now. MDE's wait times is straight off the ride itself so TP's not any more accurate than MDE. So if you weren't to use crowd calendar, what other benefit does it have that makes it worth spending any money on it that you can't do for free using MDE?

Years ago, I think it was free if you owned a current edition of the Unofficial Guide to Disney World. Later, I did purchase one year of access to the site.

Also, they have free preview of crowd calendar for so many days ahead listed onsite. I think its about 30-45 (?).

I like touringplans.com and think it is worth the small fee.

Fair enough. I guess what I'm getting at is, it seems like the crowd calendar is Touring Plan's biggest benefit over MDE now. MDE's wait times is straight off the ride itself so TP's not any more accurate than MDE. So if you weren't to use crowd calendar, what other benefit does it have that makes it worth spending any money on it that you can't do for free using MDE?

TP's wait times (someone correct me if I'm wrong) are based on reports from users, so they are usually more accurate than the MDE. They give you the posted time and the actual time. We used a combo of both TP and MDE last year, and found TP to be much more accurate. I made a customized plan from their site just to see how it compared to what I would choose, and I found that aspect to be lacking. I used easywdw for plans, recommended parks, etc., and seemed to be spot on.

I think the service is quite good.

And here is discount link from Mousesavers.

http://www.mousesavers.com/discount-disney-shopping-mall/#touringplans

Thanks for the link, Dan. I have a Mousesavers subscription, but never realized there was a Touringplans discount available! I ALWAYS buy the book, but I use it more to relive memories (25 trips to WDW) than to plan. However, with the new FP+ stuff going on, I'm not quite sure what to expect, but I know the Touringplans folks will be on top of it! Can't wait to "dig into" the site!

I like the TP site just to switch around attractions, add meals / breaks / parades, and optimize. You can easily see where everything is on the map at the bottom of the page as you are working, and you can play around with different touring strategies. I have not used it in park, so I don't know if their times are accurate, but for me (a guest who ISN'T familiar with where everything is, what MIGHT be wait times, etc) it was totally worth the $12 - $13.

i bought it last time and i am going in january and going to buy it again i will admit i hope they have FP+ figured out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter