Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

Welp. I set my alarm for 520 pm last night because i was so tired. We just got in. My app is not working and i cannot see my plans. Anyone know of those passes stay on or are they gone??? Gonna check the kiosk after tot. I will be so upset if they are gone. Then my son gets to ride nothing today.
I was told the FP are only for the event.

Loved our experience this morning. DH and I are staying at Boardwalk, so walked in, left about 7.20 - we were booked in to the 8-9 slot. All my plans had disappeared from MDE so took paperwork just in case.
Arrived at 7.35ish, MB was scanned, all ok, got given the wristband and then entered Park. It was lovely being there when it was so empty.
We had to use the FP for SDD on our first ride, it seemed a bit silly as basically the ride was walk on. And we did walk on 5 times in a row, it was brilliant.
We then did TSM 3 times in a row without having to get out of the cart - awesome!
We did AS2 using the FP but DH not a fan so only did that once.
At about 8.45 the park was opened. We just managed to ride SDD, again as a walk on, before the crowds gathered. By the time we rode and walked out of the land, the queue was 75 mins long, time was 8.52 - I checked my phone.
We then did RnR and ToT both walk ons before leaving the park.
I still have FPs for SDD, RnR & ToT for today. I plan to cancel them except I can’t at the moment because of MDE problems. Hopefully I can bring pixie dust to someone’s day later.
All in all, it was a great experience this morning.

Sounds like a great morning!! When did your fast passes appear in MDE? We still have nothing, and our day is Thurs.

Loved our experience this morning. DH and I are staying at Boardwalk, so walked in, left about 7.20 - we were booked in to the 8-9 slot. All my plans had disappeared from MDE so took paperwork just in case.
Arrived at 7.35ish, MB was scanned, all ok, got given the wristband and then entered Park. It was lovely being there when it was so empty.
We had to use the FP for SDD on our first ride, it seemed a bit silly as basically the ride was walk on. And we did walk on 5 times in a row, it was brilliant.
We then did TSM 3 times in a row without having to get out of the cart - awesome!
We did AS2 using the FP but DH not a fan so only did that once.
At about 8.45 the park was opened. We just managed to ride SDD, again as a walk on, before the crowds gathered. By the time we rode and walked out of the land, the queue was 75 mins long, time was 8.52 - I checked my phone.
We then did RnR and ToT both walk ons before leaving the park.
I still have FPs for SDD, RnR & ToT for today. I plan to cancel them except I can’t at the moment because of MDE problems. Hopefully I can bring pixie dust to someone’s day later.
All in all, it was a great experience this morning.
My experience this morning was very similar. Fp’s showed up last night, then ALL my fastpasses disappeared this morning so I brought my paperwork, but they didn’t need it.
Woke up early enough and was at my bus stop at 7 but messed up with the buses and didn’t board until 750- was cranky and thinking the event wouldn’t be worth it going that ‘late’ but Toy Story Land was essentially still empty when I got there at 820- walked on SDD 3 times in a row- really great experience. Definitely made up for my bus disaster this morning lol. Too bad they didn’t send me that AP survey AFTER I attended- I would increase my ‘feel appreciated’ level a bit

Last edited:

Sounds like a great morning!! When did your fast passes appear in MDE? We still have nothing, and our day is Thurs.
It was a fab morning. I think they appeared sunday night but it may have been yesterday morning. Apologies for the haziness.
Have a brilliant time on Thursday.

Reactions: CJK
I'll post more below but i arrived on property sat afternoon, then Monday evening (9/10) entitlements loaded into mde and I didn't get a further email, just the "reminder" last week.

This is long...
We had the 7-8 time slot this morning (Tues, 9/11) and we took a Lyft --not Minnie-- to DHS from Shades of Green, which was faster than walking to the Poly and catching the bus, but basically we'd walked 40+ miles in 2.5 days so we took the liberty of being lazy.
Lyft picked up within 3 minutes, we were walking to the bag check by 0615. Third group back in line, my magic band scanned no problem, my guest wouldn't work immediately but they had plenty of managers and plaids ready for fixing this, showed my email, then it took about a minute to fix. Wristbands on, then a few minutes before 7 (0650?) We tapped in and walked back. CMs lining the way to TSL, all fairly cheery and waving...not as much of this once in the land, which is okay, it was still dark and I know I was tired too. I did talk to the CMs doing wristbands and asked about how many guests have there been at these ...was told by Cat that she's done four previous of this event and they gave out spots for 1200 guests between the two time slots each day, but there have not been anything close to that actually attending. I'd estimate 200 people at 0700. We were the only ones on AS2, they said we could use our fp+ or save it, and that was funny since we were literally only ones there. Rode SDD 2times in a row ( exited queue) and TSM once...then it was 0715.
We did grab some food at Woody's Lunchbox...that was a little bit of a cluster even though there were maybe 6 guests ordering. Would've skipped it but after a late night at trader Sam's we needed something.:scared::rolleyes1

Rode TSM 2 more times without getting out if the car, could've done more but just took in the ambiance of the land. By 0740 we were exiting so we could get to Epcot and grab cutting boards....we were a bit surprised to see RD was flooding into TSL by 0740!! I could see maybe making it back by 0755 but they obviously let them in not held pretty early!
This event was overall amazing!!! So happy it all fell into place, since I'm already sitting at MCO to head back to ND:sad:

Last edited:

We are going to this event on Friday. Is the entrance to Toy Story Land where the old TSM ride entrance was, or is it somewhere else?

This is long...
We had the 7-8 time slot this morning (Tues, 9/11) and we took a Lyft --not Minnie-- to DHS from Shades of Green, which was faster than walking to the Poly and catching the bus, but basically we'd walked 40+ miles in 2.5 days so we took the liberty of being lazy.
Lyft picked up within 3 minutes, we were walking to the bag check by 0615. Third group back in line, my magic band scanned no problem, my guest wouldn't work immediately but they had plenty of managers and plaids ready for fixing this, showed my email, then it took about a minute to fix. Wristbands on, then a few minutes before 7 (0650?) We tapped in and walked back. CMs lining the way to TSL, all fairly cheery and waving...not as much of this once in the land, which is okay, it was still dark and I know I was tired too. I did talk to the CMs doing wristbands and asked about how many guests have there been at these ...was told by Cat that she's done four previous of this event and they gave out spots for 1200 guests between the two time slots each day, but there have not been anything close to that actually attending. I'd estimate 200 people at 0700. We were the only ones on AS2, they said we could use our fp+ or save it, and that was funny since we were literally only ones there. Rode SDD 2times in a row ( exited queue) and TSM once...then it was 0715.
We did grab some food at Woody's Lunchbox...that was a little bit of a cluster even though there were maybe 6 guests ordering. Would've skipped it but after a late night at trader Sam's we needed something.:scared::rolleyes1

Rode TSM 2 more times without getting out if the car, could've done more but just took in the ambiance of the land. By 0740 we were exiting so we could get to Epcot and grab cutting boards....we were a bit surprised to see RD was flooding into TSL by 0740!! I could see maybe making it back by 0755 but they obviously let them in not held pretty early!
This event was overall amazing!!! So happy it all fell into olacw, since I'm already sitting at MCO to head back to ND:sad:

Thank you for taking the time to do a detailed summary of the event! If you don’t mind me asking how much did the Lyft cost and were they able to meet you outside the lobby or did you have to walk down to the guard house to meet them?

Thank you for taking the time to do a detailed summary of the event! If you don’t mind me asking how much did the Lyft cost and were they able to meet you outside the lobby or did you have to walk down to the guard house to meet them?
No problem! Tons of time at MCO due to paranoia associated with TSA taking either 10 min or 2 hrs haha :scared:
Uber/Lyft was able to drop off and pick up at the front of the building, right by bell services (not downstairs by the buses)! It was $9.27 hah
So worth it. Perfect place to stay, IMO

A line of CMs walked us in, too. Took the ramp down toward Star Wars, not the stairs. Probably safer. I agree, no where near that many people in attendance. Now the weekend guests may be a different story.

We also went this morning. It was truly awesome. We had the 8-9 slot but arrived by 7:15. Were let right in. I highly suggest getting there early if you have the second time slot because by 8:45 the rope drop peeps were already at the slinky dog line. If you don't get there until 8 you'll only get 45 minutes crowd free. The rides were all walk on but the characters all had lines.

When the crowds arrived in TSL we headed over to RNR and walked on that and then TOT. Then headed to Star Tours and Little Mermaid. Were in the boat headed to Epcot by 10:30.

For the people who are driving to the park, what time are you arriving? I decided to just drive in from home on Thursday instead of staying overnight at Disney, and was planning to hit the parking lot around 6:15 for the first session. Does that sound about right?

ETA I just got the event FP in my account for Thursday!

Last edited:
Update!! Our Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucer fast passes showed up in our MDE within the last couple hours! Yay! Thanks to all of you for the great information!

Update!! Our Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucer fast passes showed up in our MDE within the last couple hours! Yay! Thanks to all of you for the great information!

Do a screen capture just in case MDE decides to flake out that day! Never hurts to have more documentation than you need.

So what happens if you have other FPs in your account on the day of this event? I have some at MK that day

We had the 7am slot today as well. Did not realize there were FP in MDE (which was acting up for me anyway) we had 2 kids with us and our experience was much like @wehrengrizz - stayed at the Swan (on points), walked over pushing sleepy kids. We were at the gates around 6;50, DH had to leave by 8-8:15 to catch a flight, so we really had not a lot of time, and we were switching off with our littler DD who was too small to ride slinky dog. Older DD rode slinky dog 5x, each of the adults rode 2x (I had a turn in the front row and last row), lost count of how many times we did alien saucers, both with YDD and as a family. We did TSMM once as a family, and took pictures. Jessie and Woody were out greeting people by 7:30ish (?), and after DH left, I took the girls on TSMM and they let us ride 2x without even getting off. We were eating at Woody’s Lunchbox by 8:45, having had our full of the TS Land rides- I think the final count was something like 2x SD, 4-5x saucers and 3x TSMM in about an hour. Now I’m spoiled, because having been at TS Land at dawn with a walk on on all three rides ... it’s never going to happen again!

But - Disney basically got us to plan a short trip to wdw when we hadn’t been planning on going, on the basis of “free” park tickets plus TSLand. We got cheap flights, stayed at the Swan on points, but of course spent a ton of $ on food and drink, MNSSHP and food and wine.

Also- if you have the 7am slot, don’t feel bad. I was sorry we had 7-8 instead of 8-9 but it was well worth it. We had almost 2 hours of quiet TS Land and it was worth the early wake up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter