Toy Story Mania rope drop with no FP's and one track

Looks like there were SDFP again today! I wonder what the long term plans are for this...
Very strange! The more it moves back, the less chance it will be open in June when I go!:-( Unless they have somehow found a way to keep it open. .. Doubtful....

If it’s crazy at rope drop, go after 7. Both of our HS days this week (just left there), there was a 55 minutes posted wait and it was 5 minutes!!! we literally just walked right up to where you get the glasses at 7:15 tonight.

This is the oldest trick in the books. Even when it was new, the line for Toy Story disappears as the evening wears on. The posted wait is often about 4 times the actual wait during the last hour or so of operation.

You would think this attraction would have lost some of the Mania by now. I’m content to skip it. It’s super fun, I’ve done it a couple times but effort/wait vs. reward is factoring in more for me now that the attraction has been around a while.

If you get to the park 90 minutes early and only wait 15 minutes for TSM, you’ve still waited an hour and 45 minutes.

If I score an FP? Heck yes!

I wish they’d line the waiting queue rows with benches so we can sit and slide while we wait, lol

why haven't they updated the games? its not that hard and would take ZERO new equipment. its a video game and would take them no time at all including no downtime to switch it...

I was hoping they would have reopened fastpass by May 16, when we are heading down - but apparently I got bad information from somewhere if the plan is to cut it to one track and stop FP distribution all together :/

Well, guess we'll be rope dropping - I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes!

I was hoping they would have reopened fastpass by May 16, when we are heading down - but apparently I got bad information from somewhere if the plan is to cut it to one track and stop FP distribution all together :/

Well, guess we'll be rope dropping - I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes!

I don’t think you got bad information so to
Speak...the plan was definitely to go down to one track for a few weeks in April and suspend FP.

The part that is unclear / questionable is when will the track and FP come back. I believe it’s still It’s very possible that for your trip you could still have one track or day or FP or full FP with 3 tracks - not sure anyone REALLY knows?

On 4/15, there were no morning FP's available, but they released a bunch of afternoon FP's around noon or 1 pm. Today, 4/16, there have been no FP's released.

It might be worth checking around noon-1pm if you don't see FP's in the AM, especially if it is a light park day, but my guess is that the FP's are gone until they reopen a closed track.

If you get to the park 90 minutes early and only wait 15 minutes for TSM, you’ve still waited an hour and 45 minutes.

What most guests don’t know is that the line for TSM gets very short in the evening. We like to show up about an hour before close and can often ride 4 times before they shut it down. It’s been this way for several years.

No way would I show up early for rope drop just to ride once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter