Trading Pins from Ebay

I read all of this thread tonight. I am sure I missed alot and the question I am going to ask has probably been covered so I am sorry if I missed it. Has anyone purchased from mousepinsonline? If so how did they find the pins? Scrappers? I probably would only be buying about 15 max.

Well, they sell propins, but they are clearly marked.

I am allowed to share my Ebay name as long as I do not have a direct link to my page's.

Ive only heard good things about mousepinsonline.

So, BBBC now added this to their description:

Dont be fooled by sellers that send you pins in tiny zip lock bags. *******SCRAPPERS***** They claim they are real. Recently I have gotten neg feedback from buyers who are really sellers using another account to bring down my ratings. They are mad cause I offer the lowest prices on Ebay.

I think I'm getting scrappers now for sure. First, zip loc bags have barely anything to do with it. A lot of sellers put them in bags to protect the pins. Second, they barely have any negitave feedback, and the way that that is written, it sounds like they are trying to cover up their scrappers.

thelionqueen: I am starting to agree with you more and more that this person is a piece of work.

Well, they sell propins, but they are clearly marked.

Thanks. I know it is in this post but with a 2 year old running around I don't have the time right now to check. What are propins again? Are they ok to trade?

I will check later on when my son isn't getting into everything. I would really like to order some pins today. I wish I had an outlet close to my house to get pins. I did see some on disneyshopping that were on clearance for around $7 which were about half price and wasn't sure if that was a good price for trading.

I read all of this thread tonight. I am sure I missed alot and the question I am going to ask has probably been covered so I am sorry if I missed it. Has anyone purchased from mousepinsonline? If so how did they find the pins? Scrappers? I probably would only be buying about 15 max.
Thanks. I know it is in this post but with a 2 year old running around I don't have the time right now to check. What are propins again? Are they ok to trade?

I will check later on when my son isn't getting into everything. I would really like to order some pins today. I wish I had an outlet close to my house to get pins. I did see some on disneyshopping that were on clearance for around $7 which were about half price and wasn't sure if that was a good price for trading.

I've ordered from mousepins and been happy with my purchases. They sell Propins and Bertoni's, the Propins are included with their lots but the Bertoni's are not. Propins are tradeable with CMs in the parks but a lot of "regular people traders" won't take them. I will but others won't. They feel they are inferior in quality so won't take them. As long as you give them to the CM's you will be fine, they have the Disney copyright on the back and that's what most of them look for. :)

So, BBBC now added this to their description:

Dont be fooled by sellers that send you pins in tiny zip lock bags. *******SCRAPPERS***** They claim they are real. Recently I have gotten neg feedback from buyers who are really sellers using another account to bring down my ratings. They are mad cause I offer the lowest prices on Ebay.

I think I'm getting scrappers now for sure. First, zip loc bags have barely anything to do with it. A lot of sellers put them in bags to protect the pins. Second, they barely have any negitave feedback, and the way that that is written, it sounds like they are trying to cover up their scrappers.

thelionqueen: I am starting to agree with you more and more that this person is a piece of work.

I carry all of my pins around in little baggies, they are better protected that way!! I HATE it when someone opens their bag of traders and the pins are just bumping and rubbing all over each other. I tend to shy away from trades with them. Getting pins in baggies can be an indicator of scrappers, or not. I know I've received eBayed scrappers just stuck to a card, so that's not really the best way to know.

Thank you so much. My son will mostly be trading with CMs. He is only 4 and I am sure my 2 year old will want to do what his older brother is doing. I think I will check out mousepins. I only plan on ordering about 15 from them and getting some from the good ebay sellers and disney.

I carry all of my pins around in little baggies, they are better protected that way!! I HATE it when someone opens their bag of traders and the pins are just bumping and rubbing all over each other. I tend to shy away from trades with them. Getting pins in baggies can be an indicator of scrappers, or not. I know I've received eBayed scrappers just stuck to a card, so that's not really the best way to know.
I have a lanyard, which works too ;). I agree, it really shows nothing. This seller is just trying to cover up it's scrappers.
Thank you so much. My son will mostly be trading with CMs. He is only 4 and I am sure my 2 year old will want to do what his older brother is doing. I think I will check out mousepins. I only plan on ordering about 15 from them and getting some from the good ebay sellers and disney.
Hope you have fun!

I have a lanyard, which works too ;). I agree, it really shows nothing. This seller is just trying to cover up it's scrappers.

Hope you have fun!

Well I have a lanyard too but I carry extra traders in the park with me. I have a lot that I can't fit on a lanyard or they are LE's or something that I don't want to wear on a lanyard, those I carry in a ziploc bag in my Mickey bag so I always have extra (or better) traders, just in case.

Well I have a lanyard too but I carry extra traders in the park with me. I have a lot that I can't fit on a lanyard or they are LE's or something that I don't want to wear on a lanyard, those I carry in a ziploc bag in my Mickey bag so I always have extra (or better) traders, just in case.

That's a very good idea. I'll have to do that this year.

We are going to Disney for 10 days but only going to the parks for 8. How many pins do you think a 4 year old will need for trading?

Just got my pins from BBBC, and so far, I believe they are all real. I will check pinpics though, since I received exactly two of each, and they were all in plastic bags with the adhesive seal.

Just got my pins from BBBC, and so far, I believe they are all real. I will check pinpics though, since I received exactly two of each, and they were all in plastic bags with the adhesive seal.

Just so you know, even though you compare on pinpics, that is really no sure way to determine the authenticity. Here are some problems:

Scrappers have all the same markings/copyrights/etc. as authentic Disney Pins. If you held a scrapper next to an identical authentic pin, you would never be able to tell the difference by style and markings (on back) alone. Scrapper pins are made from the exact same mold (alledgedly) as authentic pins which is one of the major reasons this is so hard for Disney to manage.

The only "real" way to identify a scrapper (and future scrappers) is to have an authentic pin and a scrapper (identical pins) next to eachother. Once you can do that, you will IMMEDIATELY be able to tell the difference. The main factor is weight. Scrappers are are much less dense, hence lighter. The other obvious sign is the colors and sides of the pin. Authentic Disney pins have a solid bright colored gold, or brass edge, and scrappers kind of look like a gold necklace, that is coated with gold that has been scratched off (only comparison I could think of sorry). The actual colors of the pin are much less bright (almost dull) and a little "off" compared to actual pins.

With all that said, it sounds like, from your description, that maybe you lucked out and got authentic pins. However, having seen the interactions this person has had with other DIS'ers and the sheer volume and price they have of pins, I could almost bet my life that there is no way they are real. There is nothing in my mind that could substantiate (except outright theft of authentic pins) the sale of authentic pins in such volume at such a low price.

If there is any way you could scan a picture of the pins and post them, I would be really interested to see what you got, and eat my words if I'm wrong.

Thanks for sharing, and I TRULY hope they are real and I am wrong!!!

Just so you know, even though you compare on pinpics, that is really no sure way to determine the authenticity. Here are some problems:

Scrappers have all the same markings/copyrights/etc. as authentic Disney Pins. If you held a scrapper next to an identical authentic pin, you would never be able to tell the difference by style and markings (on back) alone. Scrapper pins are made from the exact same mold (alledgedly) as authentic pins which is one of the major reasons this is so hard for Disney to manage.

The only "real" way to identify a scrapper (and future scrappers) is to have an authentic pin and a scrapper (identical pins) next to eachother. Once you can do that, you will IMMEDIATELY be able to tell the difference. The main factor is weight. Scrappers are are much less dense, hence lighter. The other obvious sign is the colors and sides of the pin. Authentic Disney pins have a solid bright colored gold, or brass edge, and scrappers kind of look like a gold necklace, that is coated with gold that has been scratched off (only comparison I could think of sorry). The actual colors of the pin are much less bright (almost dull) and a little "off" compared to actual pins.

With all that said, it sounds like, from your description, that maybe you lucked out and got authentic pins. However, having seen the interactions this person has had with other DIS'ers and the sheer volume and price they have of pins, I could almost bet my life that there is no way they are real. There is nothing in my mind that could substantiate (except outright theft of authentic pins) the sale of authentic pins in such volume at such a low price.

If there is any way you could scan a picture of the pins and post them, I would be really interested to see what you got, and eat my words if I'm wrong.

Thanks for sharing, and I TRULY hope they are real and I am wrong!!!
I hope you are wrong too! ;)

After looking more closely at each pin, I believe I have at least three sets of real pins (she sent two of each style).

However, the main problem that I am concerned with is that the backers are very strange. They seem to be made of plastic instead of rubber. The copyright is also on the flat side, instead of the opposite. One other problem is the font on the back of the pins. Some of the numbers on some pins do not look like my other Disney pins.

I did compare thickness and weight with other Disney pins that are about the same size, and they seem to be very close. I wish I had all of these pins so I could compare them to each other.

If you want, I can take a close-up picture of each pin and post them.

I hope you are wrong too! ;)

After looking more closely at each pin, I believe I have at least three sets of real pins (she sent two of each style).

However, the main problem that I am concerned with is that the backers are very strange. They seem to be made of plastic instead of rubber. The copyright is also on the flat side, instead of the opposite. One other problem is the font on the back of the pins. Some of the numbers on some pins do not look like my other Disney pins.

I did compare thickness and weight with other Disney pins that are about the same size, and they seem to be very close. I wish I had all of these pins so I could compare them to each other.

If you want, I can take a close-up picture of each pin and post them.

So far it sounds like they could be real. If you wanted to post just a few pictures of the pins, I could make my best educated guess on their authenticity. But again, without holding them and comparing them, it would be impossible for me to say for 100% certainty whether they are real or not. I would like to see them if you don't mind posting them!

What do you mean the backers? That confuses me. I have many different types of Disney pins, some have gold backs, some have silver, some black, some brass. It's hard to tell by looking at the backs. And even by the fonts. If you take some pics and post them we can look at them but who knows if we can actually tell you if they are fake or not. What set are they?

What do you mean the backers? That confuses me. I have many different types of Disney pins, some have gold backs, some have silver, some black, some brass. It's hard to tell by looking at the backs. And even by the fonts. If you take some pics and post them we can look at them but who knows if we can actually tell you if they are fake or not. What set are they?

Sorry for the confusion.

I have never seen these backers before. They are smaller than the ones that I bought with pins off of the rack, and they have a glossy look to them. Also, the copyright is in a different place than the other backers.

One minute, I'll take a picture and post it.

You know what else I was thinking, all of these pins may just be hot. Think about it... when you go to New York City, and there are people on the streets selling Burbary Purses, they are the real thing, but the serial numbers are sanded off. They are hot, and that's how they are so cheap.

Here are the pics:

I got the Muppet Set with Ears
ceffd716.jpg

Here is a close-up of Gonzo
beecb420.jpg

I got the cute pirate set
d456912f.jpg

Here is a close-up of Goofy
4b584872.jpg

And I got some random pins
ebec7c34.jpg

Here is a close-up of Mickey
cfc88955.jpg

This is the backer
f339d5dc.jpg

And this is the bag they each came in
a9858a9f.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter